Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The worst thing about relegation....

What should we have done when we won promotion? Surely its normal to celebrate that, as it is also quite normal to have a bit of a moan over our relegation.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

.....is seeing all the ridiculous and angry nonsense coming from so called fans on social media.  From those who blame Delia to those who blame Webber to those who blame Farke to those who blame the players, those who are only interested in us if we are in the Premier League and those who are just stirring it because that is what they always do.

Whinging, whining, accusing, throwing toys out of the pram, coming out with all sorts of ridiculous nonsense about players not trying or whatever.....

Just get behind them!  Show a bit of compassion!  They are human beings, not robots!  They are not something you see in a computer game, they are are human with all the frailties that goes with that.  

You all know the club's situation, the long term plan, the way the club is set out to develop itself...........so bl***y well support it then!!!  We've had some of the most fantastic football over the last two seasons, the most amazing promotion season perhaps ever, 40 goals from a club legend, the blooding of several brilliant prospects form youth team to the PL in less that 12 months in Aarons' case.  

So we've had a bad end to the season, terrible in fact - and that is hugely due to the stopping the season and then starting it again. It has affected the bottom clubs more than those above and it is plain to see in the stats.  We've had the dice rolled against us totally.

I'm going out for the day to forget about football so you can fill your boots on this thread if you like...or not.....whatever you want. But for me the pain of relegation is made much, much worse by the rantings and puerile nonsense coming from hereand on social media. 

We have a great club, a superb set up of management and coaching and an Academy that is thriving. We are financially secure to go again next season and will keep a lot of the players from this season as well as bring one or two up from the U23's and one or two new players from outside.

We are good to go, so get over it, lets see out the season as well as we can and look forwards to a new season of hope and good football.

GET THE F*** OVER IT.

Cheerio and have a nice day.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME! (Mk 2)

The thing is lakey we have tried the Delia Smith way, it’s a few seasons of satisfaction with the majority being utter dross 

surely it is time for a change and something different 

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I'm going out for the day to forget about football so you can fill your boots on this thread if you like...or not.....whatever you want. But for me the pain of relegation is made much, much worse by the rantings and puerile nonsense coming from hereand on social media. 

GET THE F*** OVER IT.

Yet you still managed to get a couple of sermons in before you left. Take a long break from here. You're making things worse. 

I can't make my mind up now whether you are just a trolling WUM or this is really how you are.

Tip - stay off here and social media if you don't like what you read.

Lakey, I'll agree theres loads of over the top rubbish on here and other social media but we've just been relegated, and whilst I'll comment on those who make things up to suit their defamation of our owners etc right now, theres also some balanced views of people who havent liked Delia etc from the start. They are allowed to vent their frustration.

4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

FFS Lakey.

Will you never learn ?

Obviously not and we have his usual Monday morning sermon to look forward to as well Smithy.

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Obviously not and we have his usual Monday morning sermon to look forward to as well Smithy.

Well I for one didn't need to be reminded of that!😒

4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

FFS Lakey.

Will you never learn ?

You did say he was a cult on another thread earlier today Smithy, so instead of trying to lecture us perhaps he's trying to culture us.

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

So we've had a bad end to the season, terrible in fact - and that is hugely due to the stopping the season and then starting it again. It has affected the bottom clubs more than those above and it is plain to see in the stats.  We've had the dice rolled against us totally.

How do you know?

If the bottom clubs were bottom before lockdown and are still bottom now isn't it more that they're consistently not good enough?

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Lakey, I'll agree theres loads of over the top rubbish on here and other social media but we've just been relegated, and whilst I'll comment on those who make things up to suit their defamation of our owners etc right now, theres also some balanced views of people who havent liked Delia etc from the start. They are allowed to vent their frustration.

Of course they are allowed to air their views, as am I and there are some balanced and well put views as well as the rubbish. I am so disappointed at the way the season has gone with the lockdown scuppering any chance we might have had of staying up, without putting up with the cr*p I've seen on this board since Saturday afternoon.   I'm disappointed note, not angry or entitled. What I find unpalatable and unacceptable as a Norwich supporter is people who cannot and will not ever give credit where credit is due. 

Talk of the players "not trying".......ridiculous.

Talk of sacking the manager.....ridiculous.

Talk of getting rid of Webber....ridiculous.

Talk of the owners selling the club when it is in a very good state of health financially and set for the future on the field.....ridiculous.

Talk of getting in new owners just because they have money and regardless of their motives......ridiculous.

Maybe I do need a break from this board because at the moment I don't have the inclination to argue with these muppets who get angry at the drop of a hat every week, shout for the owners heads every time we lose and then get angry again because we got relegated,  even though injury ravaged defence and the rest of the team put up a great effort, the last few weeks of which have been a step too far, with larger clubs being given a huge advantage with the substitution malarky.

I guess the message board will settle down again in a few days, the troglodytes will get bored of ranting about how awful the club is.  I've had enough at the moment of trying to defend the club against them.  The board needs people to stand up to them - especially the ones who recourse to shouting "troll" when they can't think of anything else, so I hope others will continue to talk sense and new posters come on board that will help too.  The more people that do, the more balanced the board will be. 

The players are mentally and physically exhausted - you can see it as clear as daylight - they have put in a huge effort on our behalf.  They need a break and people need to start showing a bit more compassion to them and stop spouting vitriolic rubbish about them and the other staff at the club. 

Roll on the end of this season, although it will be interesting to see who Farke plays in the next few games - and roll on next season and the possibility of getting crowds back in as soon as possible - even the ones who need to put their egos away and start to enjoy the club for what it is, not what they want it to be. 

OTBC

1 hour ago, lappinitup said:

You did say he was a cult on another thread earlier today Smithy, so instead of trying to lecture us perhaps he's trying to culture us.

Are you sure he said 'CULT'?

• Haha 2

Looking like champ season starts either end of August or 12th September, either way going to be a quick turnaround from our last game at Man City. 

the positives are that the incomings have already started and the lads will at least have more of a match day fitness going into the short pre season. 

we will be back - we ultimately weren’t good enough but the lads that we had gave it a good go and I am sure lots of lessons have been learnt that will stand us in good stead going forwards. I would much rather this than championship mediocrity which is what would happen if we got rid of Farke, Webber etc. We are in much better hands for the long term future of the club than other unsustainably run clubs like Villa

• Like 1

A balanced view that calls fellow City fans "troglodytes" and "Muppets". I disagree with you and think you are wrong on so many things but I will resist calling you names..... Maybe you do need a rest to get your perspective back.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Of course they are allowed to air their views, as am I and there are some balanced and well put views as well as the rubbish. I am so disappointed at the way the season has gone with the lockdown scuppering any chance we might have had of staying up, without putting up with the cr*p I've seen on this board since Saturday afternoon.   I'm disappointed note, not angry or entitled. What I find unpalatable and unacceptable as a Norwich supporter is people who cannot and will not ever give credit where credit is due. 

Talk of the players "not trying".......ridiculous.

Talk of sacking the manager.....ridiculous.

Talk of getting rid of Webber....ridiculous.

Talk of the owners selling the club when it is in a very good state of health financially and set for the future on the field.....ridiculous.

Talk of getting in new owners just because they have money and regardless of their motives......ridiculous.

Maybe I do need a break from this board because at the moment I don't have the inclination to argue with these muppets who get angry at the drop of a hat every week, shout for the owners heads every time we lose and then get angry again because we got relegated,  even though injury ravaged defence and the rest of the team put up a great effort, the last few weeks of which have been a step too far, with larger clubs being given a huge advantage with the substitution malarky.

I guess the message board will settle down again in a few days, the troglodytes will get bored of ranting about how awful the club is.  I've had enough at the moment of trying to defend the club against them.  The board needs people to stand up to them - especially the ones who recourse to shouting "troll" when they can't think of anything else, so I hope others will continue to talk sense and new posters come on board that will help too.  The more people that do, the more balanced the board will be. 

The players are mentally and physically exhausted - you can see it as clear as daylight - they have put in a huge effort on our behalf.  They need a break and people need to start showing a bit more compassion to them and stop spouting vitriolic rubbish about them and the other staff at the club. 

Roll on the end of this season, although it will be interesting to see who Farke plays in the next few games - and roll on next season and the possibility of getting crowds back in as soon as possible - even the ones who need to put their egos away and start to enjoy the club for what it is, not what they want it to be. 

OTBC

Reading the bit in bold, maybe it is time to put your valiant one-man crusade for righteousness on the back burner for a while. If I were you I'd get out and enjoy the countryside, do other things that make you happy and come back in a few weeks once the dust has settled. It's not just the so-called 'muppets' who are having a go at you, it's practically everybody, even the more moderate posters. Maybe you should reflect upon why that might be?

Pro tip: I've had some really good debate on here in the last couple of weeks despite being largely pro-club, and I think that's because by and large I haven't been talking down to people (apart from the odd bout of mild-to-moderate rage at specific posters who have riled me up).

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jonncfc said:

At least if you’re going out for the rest of the day we can look forward to no more of your sanctimonious, attention-seeking lectures until tomorrow at the earliest.  

I expect he'll be back before midnight 🙂

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Hate to be the one to break it to you but look above 

7 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

5 minutes ago, JF said:

Hate to be the one to break it to you but look above 

S*it........I knew he'd be back before he turned into a pumpkin but does seven hours count as a day out ? 😀🤨

27 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Reading the bit in bold, maybe it is time to put your valiant one-man crusade for righteousness on the back burner for a while. If I were you I'd get out and enjoy the countryside, do other things that make you happy and come back in a few weeks once the dust has settled. It's not just the so-called 'muppets' who are having a go at you, it's practically everybody, even the more moderate posters. Maybe you should reflect upon why that might be?

Pro tip: I've had some really good debate on here in the last couple of weeks despite being largely pro-club, and I think that's because by and large I haven't been talking down to people (apart from the odd bout of mild-to-moderate rage at specific posters who have riled me up).

Ain’t going to happen! 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Ain’t going to happen! 

I dunno, it has happened before. When he pushes the attention-seeking a little bit to far, he starts getting aggressive (as in the 'muppets' comment), then he starts playing the victim card ("I'm just trying to be reasonable and offer balance, but it seems people aren't open-minded enough to listen"), and then disappears for a while to let the Lakey bullshít-o-meter reset. 

29 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I dunno, it has happened before. When he pushes the attention-seeking a little bit to far, he starts getting aggressive (as in the 'muppets' comment), then he starts playing the victim card ("I'm just trying to be reasonable and offer balance, but it seems people aren't open-minded enough to listen"), and then disappears for a while to let the Lakey bullshít-o-meter reset. 

Could be a few paragraphs before bedtime, slightly odds on for a guess. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I am so disappointed at the way the season has gone with the lockdown scuppering any chance we might have had of staying up

Again, how do you know? 

Tettey, our most senior player, even said today that players have their heads elsewhere. 

Why do you keep blaming lockdown? It hasn't affected anyone else.