Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The worst thing about relegation....

.....is seeing all the ridiculous and angry nonsense coming from so called fans on social media.  From those who blame Delia to those who blame Webber to those who blame Farke to those who blame the players, those who are only interested in us if we are in the Premier League and those who are just stirring it because that is what they always do.

Whinging, whining, accusing, throwing toys out of the pram, coming out with all sorts of ridiculous nonsense about players not trying or whatever.....

Just get behind them!  Show a bit of compassion!  They are human beings, not robots!  They are not something you see in a computer game, they are are human with all the frailties that goes with that.  

You all know the club's situation, the long term plan, the way the club is set out to develop itself...........so bl***y well support it then!!!  We've had some of the most fantastic football over the last two seasons, the most amazing promotion season perhaps ever, 40 goals from a club legend, the blooding of several brilliant prospects form youth team to the PL in less that 12 months in Aarons' case.  

So we've had a bad end to the season, terrible in fact - and that is hugely due to the stopping the season and then starting it again. It has affected the bottom clubs more than those above and it is plain to see in the stats.  We've had the dice rolled against us totally.

I'm going out for the day to forget about football so you can fill your boots on this thread if you like...or not.....whatever you want. But for me the pain of relegation is made much, much worse by the rantings and puerile nonsense coming from hereand on social media. 

We have a great club, a superb set up of management and coaching and an Academy that is thriving. We are financially secure to go again next season and will keep a lot of the players from this season as well as bring one or two up from the U23's and one or two new players from outside.

We are good to go, so get over it, lets see out the season as well as we can and look forwards to a new season of hope and good football.

GET THE F*** OVER IT.

Cheerio and have a nice day.

We only got relegated yesterday, fair for us to be upset and angry. Do not tell other people how to feel.

I'm sure in the coming weeks and months we can back to normal, but for at least a week.. Let people be angry. Let people feel how they want to feel.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'd say the worst thing is probably the fact your lectures have gone from weekly to daily to almost hourly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We only got relegated yesterday, fair for us to be upset and angry. Do not tell other people how to feel.

I'm sure in the coming weeks and months we can back to normal, but for at least a week.. Let people be angry. Let people feel how they want to feel.

You done well to read all the Ops post to be fair, got to admit zoning out about paragraph 2.  I would say the worst thing about relegation is pompous fans like him telling you how to feel personally 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

LDC ... I'm certainly one of the optimistic apologists (?!) but I think you've got to let people rant and rave when the sting of relegation is still so raw!

Sure, we planned to finish 20th - and it shows - and we won't feel the benefit of it for a wee while yet but it is hard to see your club demoted in such a depleted manner.

Jesus Lakey give it a rest man, stop preaching, if that’s how you feel brilliant, others are a little more angry as they might have more expectations for this club, you’re just as bad moaning about the moaners......you’re the one person who told us we’d finish top four!

We know the club under Webber and Farke have gone down the young hungry players we can afford, that’s a given, but let’s not just say they did the best they can as seriously lacking in something since the break.

Well judge them and the players next year to see how well we bounce back.

You lied to us LDC. You said all we had to do was BELIEVE and anything was possible. If we all just BELIEVED we were going to break into the top 3. We all BELIEVED LDC. Turns out the opinions of fans on a message board count for Jack, who’d have thought it...

Edited by JF
  • Haha 1

We have just been relegated for a record time ,performances since the restart have been poor ,tactics have been poor,team selections have been poor ,recruitment has been poor,how do you expect people to feel.:-[

Easiest thing to do would probably be to stop reading social media?

Alternatively, read social media, post a load of ranting drivel on here to just add to it all, post god knows how many threads about it to keep the arguments going and then let us all know how you’re above all that because (just after doing it all) you’re going out for the day. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes, it has affected all the bottom clubs-but Brighton, Watford and West Ham all managed to beat us.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

.....is seeing all the ridiculous and angry nonsense coming from so called fans on social media.  From those who blame Delia to those who blame Webber to those who blame Farke to those who blame the players, those who are only interested in us if we are in the Premier League and those who are just stirring it because that is what they always do.

Whinging, whining, accusing, throwing toys out of the pram, coming out with all sorts of ridiculous nonsense about players not trying or whatever.....

Just get behind them!  Show a bit of compassion!  They are human beings, not robots!  They are not something you see in a computer game, they are are human with all the frailties that goes with that.  

You all know the club's situation, the long term plan, the way the club is set out to develop itself...........so bl***y well support it then!!!  We've had some of the most fantastic football over the last two seasons, the most amazing promotion season perhaps ever, 40 goals from a club legend, the blooding of several brilliant prospects form youth team to the PL in less that 12 months in Aarons' case.  

So we've had a bad end to the season, terrible in fact - and that is hugely due to the stopping the season and then starting it again. It has affected the bottom clubs more than those above and it is plain to see in the stats.  We've had the dice rolled against us totally.

I'm going out for the day to forget about football so you can fill your boots on this thread if you like...or not.....whatever you want. But for me the pain of relegation is made much, much worse by the rantings and puerile nonsense coming from hereand on social media. 

We have a great club, a superb set up of management and coaching and an Academy that is thriving. We are financially secure to go again next season and will keep a lot of the players from this season as well as bring one or two up from the U23's and one or two new players from outside.

We are good to go, so get over it, lets see out the season as well as we can and look forwards to a new season of hope and good football.

GET THE F*** OVER IT.

People pay a fortune to enjoy the therapy that Lakey achieves through this forum. Imagine being in a place where you first go out of your way to  find Information that  you don’t agree with , and then spending ages typing reams of self indulgent guff ending with some form of shouted “get over yourself”. 

I might start putting a bill in and passing the money onto the CSF . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This is an issue I've spoken to Lakey about before. He thinks everyone should feel/think like him and berates anyone who doesn't. It shows little understanding of human nature and the way we all deal with situations in different ways. 

His behaviour is very egocentric. In children of nursery and reception age, you'll see children unwilling to share toys as they are only centered on themselves and how things effect them as an individual; they can't even begin to fathom that someone else might want to play with it and the effect it will have on them not to do so. Add half a century or so of age and you have Lakey - the man who never learned to share his toys. "Why would someone be upset about something when I am not?"

OTBC

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

GET THE F*** OVER IT.

At least if you’re going out for the rest of the day we can look forward to no more of your sanctimonious, attention-seeking lectures until tomorrow at the earliest.  

To be fair I think people like Lakey, and me to be fair, should be shown a little more understanding this weekend.  A lot of you have had six months or so to get over the shock of relegation but you must remember for us it's very raw. Perhaps you should try and remember what it was like for you when relegation first sunk in.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

To be fair I think people like Lakey, and me to be fair, should be shown a little more understanding this weekend.  A lot of you have had six months or so to get over the shock of relegation but you must remember for us it's very raw. Perhaps you should try and remember what it was like for you when relegation first sunk in.

Hi Nutty - hope all is good with you.

I don't think anybody on here has any issue with anyone being upset about us being relegated, whenever that hit home.

What I do have an issue with is anyone having the bare-faced cheek to tell me how I should feel about it! 

He's behaving like a prat and needs to be called out for it.

P.S. cubicle 3 needs a good scrubbing! 😉

OTBC

6 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Hi Nutty - hope all is good with you.

I don't think anybody on here has any issue with anyone being upset about us being relegated, whenever that hit home.

What I do have an issue with is anyone having the bare-faced cheek to tell me how I should feel about it! 

He's behaving like a prat and needs to be called out for it.

P.S. cubicle 3 needs a good scrubbing! 😉

OTBC

I'm on compassionate leave...

• Haha 2

On the last thread you started ( on the same subject yet again ) you said you had had enough now so you were going. You didn’t say you were going to start yet another thread.

Several of the players will be upset at our relegation and some will take time to get over it, are they wrong as well ?

FFS Lakey.

You're becoming worse than the trolls.

I'm a supporter of optimisim in general, and you occasionally get it right. But so much of the time you just do not help yourself at all.

And recently you're going too far so often that I now think it's genuinely an attention thing now.

How long before you sl@g us all off and storm off for 'trying to raise a good point' on this thread, yet AGAIN.

People are gutted, it's been less than 24 hours. Let them vent.

And please, please, please, have just 1 day off.

I have on MANY occasion defended you in the past. But p!ss off now. I'm done with you.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

GET THE F*** OVER IT.

Screenshot_20200613_121429.jpg

31 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Moaning fan tells moaning fans to stop moan in forum post moaning about moaners.

You've given me inspiration. I love a good moan. I've getting dolled up, out ta the toon and party with all the moaners.

1 hour ago, Flying Dutchman said:

FFS Lakey.

You're becoming worse than the trolls.

I'm a supporter of optimisim in general, and you occasionally get it right. But so much of the time you just do not help yourself at all.

And recently you're going too far so often that I now think it's genuinely an attention thing now.

How long before you sl@g us all off and storm off for 'trying to raise a good point' on this thread, yet AGAIN.

People are gutted, it's been less than 24 hours. Let them vent.

And please, please, please, have just 1 day off.

I have on MANY occasion defended you in the past. But p!ss off now. I'm done with you.

Absolutely this. If he gets much more universal stick, it'll be time to dust off the victim card...

Edited by Feedthewolf