Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Farke- 'I have no regrets"

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.zimeye.net/2020/07/12/i-have-no-regrets-norwich-city-boss-speaks-on-relegation/

Rather odd attitude to take. On par for our lowest ever points total, and on par to be in the top ten worst relegated Prem sides of all time AND giving us the record of the most relegated side in Prem history too. Nevermind our awful transfer bussness and loans (Although I guess you could blame Webber..) yet he does not regret any of it?

Can't be the only one starting to think the attitude is getting a little strange. First off, I was never a big fan of the whole "Well this season is just a one off, it's a free hit yes we have one of the cheapest most unexperenced squads around and we expect to be relegated" attitude we started off this season with, and then of course we had the

"It's insert number of matches left here cup finals left to go, we need a huge miracle to survive, we are just little old Norwich we hardly have a chance but I think we can try"

attitude on show during the last months. How is that a positive attitude to both start and end the season on? It's not a "I fully belive in my team, every one of my players are fighters, we have a fantastic squad- we can survive and do this, I know we can stay up!" kind of fighting attitude is it? It's more of an "Well we don't really stand a chance do we? Yeah, we need to have of the biggest miricles this leauge has ever seen to stay up.."

And I can't be the only one thinking it's a pretty awful attitude to have throughout the season? No wonder half the players look like they don't care when every time Farke started speaking he woud go on about how tough it is, how hard it is oh woe is us it's gonna be almost impossible to survive, we are just little old Norwich smallest club in this leauge oh look at us poor us pity us, we never expected to be here in the first place anyway..

And the less said about Farke rolling up to the media the past few weeks being all "Well I recently had some big clubs call me and talk to me and we spoke but I decided to stay here" yeah, I'm sure going on about how you were prehaps thinking about and talking about joining other clubs will help the players mindsets- Why should they care if you might not be here soon?

So TLDR- Has our attitude and "little old norwich we never expected to be here" way been wrong the entire season?

Frankly, it is posts (and some of the responses to it) like this that make me think that Lakey has a point on his recent post for which he is being roundly abused.

Granted he may have gone a bit over the top, as he usually does but that is just Lakey, and whilst there are obviously many fans who are genuinely upset, IMO there are also far too many who, gleefully it seems, seize on every setback as an opportunity to berate the club, owners, manager, sporting director or whatever their pet obsession is.

Its been going on all season but since the restart it has reached ridiculous levels.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Frankly, it is posts (and some of the responses to it) like this that make me think that Lakey has a point on his recent post for which he is being roundly abused.

Granted he may have gone a bit over the top, as he usually does but that is just Lakey, and whilst there are obviously many fans who are genuinely upset, IMO there are also far too many who, gleefully it seems, seize on every setback as an opportunity to berate the club, owners, manager, sporting director or whatever their pet obsession is.

Its been going on all season but since the restart it has reached ridiculous levels.

Lakey plays on the extremes, as do some of these 'gleeful' negative posts.

The truth is somewhere in the middle ground, but we've been absolute cack since the restart and people are going to want to get stuff off their chests. I think also the fact we haven't had the opportunity to go to matches to express our feelings, and see all our mates and discuss things in the pub afterwards, has exacerbated that pent-up tension.

It's still only 24 hours since we got relegated, give it a week for the dust to settle.

Edited by Feedthewolf

3 hours ago, K Lo said:

Imagine if we had spent £144.5m and finished second from bottom.

Imagine if we spent somewhere in the region of £30 million tops and are currently sitting in the top 6.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Imagine if we spent somewhere in the region of £30 million tops and are currently sitting in the top 6.

If you're referring to Sheffield United, the '£30m tops' they spent this season was actually £62.1m (on Berge, McBurnie, Mousset, Robinson, Freeman and Osborn).

I'm not suggesting we couldn't and shouldn't have spent a bit more, but there's no way we could have spent north of £60m without seriously jeopardising our finances.

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If you are suggesting that’s what Sheff U spent I think you need to x that £ figure by 2 or more.

29 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Imagine if we spent somewhere in the region of £60 million tops and are currently sitting in the top 6.

There fixed it for you wolfie and Branston. 😜 Maybe i am thinking of their summer 19 spend and once they realised they were making a fair fist of the Premier league in January they spent again.....No ?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There fixed it for you wolfie and Branston. 😜 Maybe i am thinking of their summer 19 spend and once they realised they were making a fair fist of the Premier league in January they spent again.....No ?

Berge was signed in January, and he was the most expensive signing. So yeah, about £40m in the summer and another £20m in January (and they didn't recoup anything either, so that was a net spend).

Either way, that's a lot more than we could (or should) have spent. The Sheffield United vs Villa argument is cyclical, just like the "what about Wolves/Leicester" versus "but what about Sunderland/Ipswich" when we talk about investment.

Whatever we may think about the owners, considering how cash-poor we are and how much financial bother we were in after we came down last time, it would have been suicidal to spend that amount of money.

22 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If you're referring to Sheffield United, the '£30m tops' they spent this season was actually £62.1m (on Berge, McBurnie, Mousset, Robinson, Freeman and Osborn).

I'm not suggesting we couldn't and shouldn't have spent a bit more, but there's no way we could have spent north of £60m without seriously jeopardising our finances.

It matters little the amount, if it cannot be met if back in the Championship

Transfer fees are not paid up front in one go - so clubs like Bournemouth are relegated still owing say (£76m June 2016)  in instalment payments;

That is why so many are crippled financially...... Hull, Blackburn, Bolton, Sunderland, Boro, Huddersfield, Stoke, Blackpool..etc

Relegation for them meant cutting the wage bill massively and raising funds to meet those instalment payments - unfortunately we have too many who appear not to have a clue about these most obvious of facts

(senility can be a cruel condition)

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

It matters little the amount, if it cannot be met if back in the Championship

Transfer fees are not paid up front in one go - so clubs like Bournemouth are relegated still owing say (£76m June 2016)  in instalment payments;

That is why so many are crippled financially...... Hull, Blackburn, Bolton, Sunderland, Boro, Huddersfield, Stoke, Blackpool..etc

Relegation for them meant cutting the wage bill massively and raising funds to meet those instalment payments - unfortunately we have too many who appear not to have a clue about these most obvious of facts

Thanks for the information.

Shame about the completely unnecessary random insulting of nobody in particular.

6 hours ago, Well b back said:

Didn’t you want him out the season before as you told us all ‘ he would take us into league 1 ‘ and ‘ Ip3w1ch will finish above us ‘.

Well we're now going in the right direction of travel so he still could, if he lasts that long

Edited by Making Plans

Sheffield Utd spent £62m, they are guaranteed the same as us this year but will get considerably more next year allowing them to spend on the ground, training and first team. I think most business experts would see that as a sound investment and money very well spent. They obviously knew what they were doing.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks for the information.

Shame about the completely unnecessary random insulting of nobody in particular.

I'm glad the 'nobody in particular' have someone to speak up for them

as they do go so unrepresented much of the time

can't think why 😉

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Sheffield Utd spent £62m, they are guaranteed the same as us this year but will get considerably more next year allowing them to spend on the ground, training and first team. I think most business experts would see that as a sound investment and money very well spent. They obviously knew what they were doing.

as did all the other ex PL clubs languishing in lower leagues

still, I'm sure there's plenty of other threads you can vent your dislike of the club on

ps check his previous posts

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I'm glad the 'nobody in particular' have someone to speak up for them

as they do go so unrepresented much of the time

can't think why 😉

Do you know anyone who suffers/has suffered from dementia? It's not very nice. Hope it never happens to you.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Do you know anyone who suffers/has suffered from dementia? It's not very nice. Hope it never happens to you.

Just ignore the ignorant fool wolfie as i could so easily have waded straight into him over the remark from very very close personal experience with the awful disease. My experience was the last time i actually shed a few tears and to engage City1st over it would be liking engaging with something you accidentally stood in.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just ignore the ignorant fool wolfie as i could so easily have waded straight into him over the remark from very very close personal experience with the awful disease. My experience was the last time i actually shed a few tears and to engage City1st over it would be liking engaging with something you accidentally stood in.

Wind your neck in plod

I never mentioned dementia, so stop making up stuff

so  "i will leave it for others to decide." why you lied

7 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Farke should Regret Not having a plan B 

Not setting u a team hard to Beat 

Not going Direct sometimes to get the ball in the other teams box and see what happens 

He has made a lot of mistakes 

i have a Feeling that he will walk and is deflecting a lot of the blame to well what did you expect i am still the wonder coach but i did not have a chance 

True Wonder Coach like Lambert when he was here brought a team up and installed a team ethnic / system  to stay up 

Farke did not do that and the season has been a disaster with all types of  unwanted records 

Farke should Regret Not having a plan B 

I totally get what you're saying but he needs to have the resource to have a Plan B.

We couldnt move to 3 at the back because well we couldnt get 2 centre backs fit, never mind 3.

We could'nt move to two up top cause one of them one have been Drmic - Lol.

Not setting u a team hard to Beat 

Again, hard with no tough centre midfields - Amadou was the hope unfortunaltey it didnt work out. Tettey did incredibly well but we needed more.

Not going Direct sometimes to get the ball in the other teams box and see what happens

We couldnt be more direct because Pukki, Cantwell, Buendia would have got mullered.

However would we could/should have done was 'get rid' a little more ofter.

Lots of goals have come from mistakes in areas of the pitch the ball shouldnt have been, we got aaway with it in the Championship, you dont in the Premier League.

Ultimatey our failure has come down to recuitment, we didnt really do any and the bit we did was utterly dreadful - Only Byram can come out with any credit from all of our signings/loans.

Farke and Webber have built up enough brownie points to have my support for another season.

If we can keep the vast majority of our squad together, we are a year stronger and mature and I'm sure we'll be in the hunt to return to the Premier League.

Edited by CDMullins
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bill said:

Wind your neck in plod

I never mentioned dementia, so stop making up stuff

so  "i will leave it for others to decide." why you lied

So you didn't post that then you ridiculous buffoon and it was those words that wolfie was talking about ? Stop playing with words as we all know what senility means.

You are beneath contempt and lower than a snake's belly you sad tragic excuse of a man.

It is you who should be winding your neck in over this.

I have no more to say on the matter but i am not so sure about you.

Edited by TIL 1010

4 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

How the Fecking **** can somebody who has managed the team that has produced the clubs worst ever premiership Campaign not have ant regrets. Is he saying that everything he did this season he’s happy with. Because if he is I have nothing but distain for the arrogant prjck.

I doubt anyone has ant regrets.

Stop making a bigger fool of yourself. I am perfectly aware of the difference between senility and dementia. One is a disease, the other is not

'People often mistakenly think that dementia is just another name for Alzheimer’s disease, and that dementia and senility are one and the same

But dementia is actually a variety of medical conditions and illnesses that impair a person’s cognitive health. Alzheimer’s disease is one type of dementia.

Senility, by contrast, is an older term used to describe a decline in an older adult’s physical and cognitive health. "

https://www.elmcroft.com/blog/2017/february/the-difference-between-dementia-and-senility/

You post up my words which show that I never said dementia, but you in your usual ignorance of things, and desperate wish to get one over me you chose to leap in, abuse flying ................................. yet again

And if the last sentence fits, then ..........

Cambridge University dictionary

the quality of being senile (= showing poor mental ability because of old age):

Edited by Bill

While I accept that transfer fees are paid over a long time associated with big fees are big wages. So SU spending £62 million is the headline figure, behind which must be another large - and immediate - cost of wages.

SU have done well, and I congratulate them, but at this moment in time we do not have the resources to match their spending.

Overall I have been disappointed by the BBC coverage of our relegation. The commentators and pundits seem caught up in the glamour of teams spending beyond their means, or buying success.

Keep the Faith.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

Stop making a bigger fool of yourself. I am perfectly aware of the difference between senility and dementia. One is a disease, the other is not

'People often mistakenly think that dementia is just another name for Alzheimer’s disease, and that dementia and senility are one and the same

But dementia is actually a variety of medical conditions and illnesses that impair a person’s cognitive health. Alzheimer’s disease is one type of dementia.

Senility, by contrast, is an older term used to describe a decline in an older adult’s physical and cognitive health. "

https://www.elmcroft.com/blog/2017/february/the-difference-between-dementia-and-senility/

You post up my words which show that I never said dementia, but you in your usual ignorance of things, and desperate wish to get one over me you chose to leap in, abuse flying ................................. yet again

And if the last sentence fits, then ..........

Cambridge University dictionary

the quality of being senile (= showing poor mental ability because of old age):

Why are you such an unrelentingly unpleasant human being? You must be trying to deflect some serious issues within your own life to act like you do.

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Why are you such an unrelentingly unpleasant human being? You must be trying to deflect some serious issues within your own life to act like you do.

I am not sure what I am supposed to have been issued with, however I would be curious to know why you lied about me supposedly posting a comment about dementia. I didn't, as can be seen

"Do you know anyone who suffers/has suffered from dementia? It's not very nice"

Then when shown to have lied, you and plod reply with 'abusive' comments.... trying to lay the blame on me for you both lying

ps perhaps this comment is also 'unpleasant' 😏

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

I am not sure what I am supposed to have been issued with, however I would be curious to know why you lied about me supposedly posting a comment about dementia. I didn't, as can be seen

"Do you know anyone who suffers/has suffered from dementia? It's not very nice"

Then when shown to have lied, you and plod reply with 'abusive' comments.... trying to lay the blame on me for you both lying

ps perhaps this comment is also 'unpleasant' 😏

Okay cool, I'm a liar and you're the good guy.

not exactly a liar, as that suggests a continuous behaviour, but you did kick off at me for something I did not say ie dementia

and this has got out of hand with plod wading in as usual making it worse

senility is a consequence of ageing where the dementia is a debilitating disease.... of which I too have had personal experience of

you would do well then to check first before coming out all guns blazing, and perhaps accept that you made a mistake rather than adding to it with unnecessary personal abuse

for my part the matter is now closed

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

not exactly a liar, as that suggests a continuous behaviour, but you did kick off at me for something I did not say ie dementia

and this has got out of hand with plod wading in as usual making it worse

senility is a consequence of ageing where the dementia is a debilitating disease.... of which I too have had personal experience of

you would do well then to check first before coming out all guns blazing, and perhaps accept that you made a mistake rather than adding to it with unnecessary personal abuse

for my part the matter is now closed

Oh, wow! This is remarkable.

I called you an "unrelentingly unpleasant human being". If that's "unnecessary personal abuse", may I suggest you take a look back at your own posting history? You are rude and disparaging to pretty much everyone, all the time.

I am more than happy to accept that I conflated the word "senility" with "dementia" due to the widely accepted term "senile dementia". I'm happy to have learnt something today, although even mocking someone for impaired cognitive function is pretty poor form, I'd say.

I'd be very impressed if you had the humility to meet me half way here, but having shared a message board with you for several years I doubt there's much chance of that happening. I don't believe I've ever seen you take a backwards step or admit you're wrong about anything.

Might this, perhaps, have something to do with the fact that it appears that literally nobody on this board likes you?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh, wow! This is remarkable.

I called you an "unrelentingly unpleasant human being". If that's "unnecessary personal abuse", may I suggest you take a look back at your own posting history? You are rude and disparaging to pretty much everyone, all the time.

I am more than happy to accept that I conflated the word "senility" with "dementia" due to the widely accepted term "senile dementia". I'm happy to have learnt something today, although even mocking someone for impaired cognitive function is pretty poor form, I'd say.

I'd be very impressed if you had the humility to meet me half way here, but having shared a message board with you for several years I doubt there's much chance of that happening. I don't believe I've ever seen you take a backwards step or admit you're wrong about anything.

Might this, perhaps, have something to do with the fact that it appears that literally nobody on this board likes you?

Hello Wolfy,

May I suggest the ignore button? I used it for the first time myself a few weeks back. Life's too short to be arguing with someone like Bill. It's a waste of your time and energy. Deny him oxygen instead. 

P.S. - I have enjoyed reading your posts of late since you returned to the board after the footballing pause. Keep trying to keep order in the mad house! 👍

OTBC

6 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Hello Wolfy,

May I suggest the ignore button? I used it for the first time myself a few weeks back. Life's too short to be arguing with someone like Bill. It's a waste of your time and energy. Deny him oxygen instead. 

P.S. - I have enjoyed reading your posts of late since you returned to the board after the footballing pause. Keep trying to keep order in the mad house! 👍

OTBC

Same. Blocking him has been a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Hello Wolfy,

OTBC

Haha, cheers DDJ. It's nice to try to engage people positively, I've tried to be a bit calmer since I've been back on here, and for the most part I've been successful in that. I've had lots of really good discussions with people who usually I'd be sniping at, and I've realised that the defining characteristic of a poster is not whether they're a 'pant-wetter' or a 'happy-clapper', but whether or not they're capable of reasonable discussion. I'm not going to waste an undue amount of time on anyone who's being an immovable object.

(By 'immovable object', I may mean 'twát'.)

• Like 1