2 hours ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

No I wasn't, does certainly put things into perspective, I'm certainly not in for having a (virtual) fall out with Corky, so all I'll say is I hope he enjoys his afternoon on the water. 👍

Cheers , Joneso, no biggie,  without getting too into it, I'm just one of a few on here who are behind what the Club has done the last couple years. Yep, disappointed with performance lately, just dont see the need to portray almost everything in the Club in a negative light.   Right down to some kids haircut ffs. If the history of disingenuous posting wasnt there , I would have dismissed it instantly or maybe added a laugh, as I dont take the post itself seriously. Just wonder why ,if so unhappy at the club and its staff, they bother watching at all, never mind keep  repackaging their gripes. You seem direct and up front with no particular agenda , no probs here with that. Welcome to the madhouse. ....most things dont go too far , but there are some who have resorted to unpleasant things. OTBC 😉👍😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Sider said:

He'll disappear now yohve made a point. And when he believes this moment is forgotten he'll give you **** again for you definitely not being right.

And then ask you to prove it again and again and again. The loop continues.

When all that we really need to be aware of (and he's even been kind enough to provide updated proof by even creating this dumb **** thread)... Is that he is a complete and unquestionable cnt.

Well that should take the heat off me for a bit anyway. No wilting wallower you, Sidero. Dont hold back , whatever you do.  No.no. get it off your chest. Thanks for biggest chuckle today.

The hair represents his attitude to football it’s a perfect example of his need for fame v just getting on with the job and letting his football speak for him

A simple two sentences about Cantwell's hair seems to have seriously triggered all the right people and I can't be bothered to read Corky's bizarre rants, so I'll just post this alternative angle for anybody who missed the game...

c.thumb.JPG.f3884ae3142eba23ac458b3f2c587e1e.JPG

And this eerily true tweet...

a.JPG.de56262823c95755778badc1f74b1378.JPG

Fair play to him though, bet the laughs at Colney lightened the mood for a good half an hour during otherwise very dark times!

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 hours ago, Pugin said:

Yes, of course. Sorry that I missed your five requests.

Here is your quote from 22nd February 2020:

TeemuVanBasten

• TeemuVanBasten
  • Members
  • 1,648 posts

Justin Fashanu was a fugitive who had committed a sexual offence in the USA (even if consensual as he claimed/admitted, the other party was below the age of consent in the USA and was therefore a minor). 

A TV documentary in recent times claims that he frequently used underage rent boys in the UK, and in the nineties a tabloid newspaper claimed the same. 

With the large number of male footballers coming out as having been abused in recent years and with numerous coaches from the 80's and 90's convicted, and some still awaiting trial, I have to seriously question the morality and wisdom of celebrating Fashanu as a player just because he scored a world class goal once and there is a shortage of gay footballers to celebrate. 

He was essentially a depraved individual who ruined his football career by going out on the **** to gay bars and spending his money on rent boys. 

I do hope that the next gay footballers to come out is just a normal bloke with a boyfriend or husband, somebody like Timm Klose perhaps. I'm not sure that Fashanu is the good role model and inspiration that young gay fans need.

I am not sure you will need me to point out what makes this homophobic. In case you do, here are three reasons:

• In your first para you quote the Sun and a dodgy TV documentary as your source of proof that Fashanu committed a sexual offence in the USA. It is not proof. No one, least of all you, knows what happened. 
  • In your third para you conflate homosexuality with paedophilia. Speak to any expert in the field and they will tell you that this is a laughable but damaging mistake.
  • In your fourth para you imply that going to gay bars is depraved. That is ludicrous.

I have wasted 25 minutes on a sunny Sunday morning, just to reply to you. I cannot honestly say it was time well spent. I am not trying to reform, or correct, or educate. But like all of us, I see nonsense written on here and spring to defend accuracy. Truly a waste of time. 

In other words, you can't provide any examples of "vile homophobic comments", you decide that a documentary currently being carried by Netflix is "dodgy" because it doesn't fit your agenda despite them going on a huge censorship binge recently and deciding that this documentary is fine, and you completely imagine that I've equated pedophilia with homosexuality because that was what you were looking for. 

Depraved because he frequently used young rent boys, not because he visited gay bars. Using his money and fame to exploit young people. 

If a straight footballer was well known for frequently using young female prostitutes I don't think you'd be considering that player to be  a good candidate for a statue, unless you have no morality whatsoever. Well I have daughters, and I think that type of behaviour is despicable. Perhaps you don't, who knows. 

This is football though, and I'm sure drink-driving, prostitute using serial cheater Wayne Rooney will get his Old Trafford or Wembley statue one day. 

5 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

A player is obviously allowed to have his hair however he wants, but it probably wasn't the most sensible idea to debut an extravagant, fancy new hairstyle on the day his team was likely to be relegated. He probably should've done it for the cup quarter final or saved it for a bit.

Yes, I found this odd.

But I will miss him.

3 hours ago, South Sider said:

He'll disappear now yohve made a point. And when he believes this moment is forgotten he'll give you **** again for you definitely not being right.

And then ask you to prove it again and again and again. The loop continues.

When all that we really need to be aware of (and he's even been kind enough to provide updated proof by even creating this dumb **** thread)... Is that he is a complete and unquestionable cnt.

Thanks Morty, but I actually used to hear strangers talk about "that Morty c*nt from the Pink'un" in Norwich city centre pubs, several times, you were Norwich's most famous c*nt and I'm sure it won't be long until you win back that title. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Thanks Morty, but I actually used to hear strangers talk about "that Morty c*nt from the Pink'un" in Norwich city centre pubs, several times, you were Norwich's most famous c*nt and I'm sure it won't be long until you win back that title. 

At least you're sticking to Morty after quickly abandoning Mr. Chops.

But no cigar this time. I do however agree that Morty was king cnt, I say was.

5 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Was it Jason Lee at Forest who left the game early and suffered from depression and mental health issues, a lot of it due to the "He's got a pineapple on his head" abuse from the terraces? One man's "gentle ribbing" can have unforeseen & hurtful consequences. 

Thought I'd have a google, he retired at 41 😐

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Back in the day Jack's brother Bobby's comb over would probably have got to five pages by now.

Possibly even more than that if Ralph Coates got dragged into it.

Could have saved yourself all this bizarre knicker twisting... all 1531 words of it

11 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep, nothing affects a players ability to play more than his hair.?Not surprised people are clutching at straws now to make them feel better about themselves . What can I complain about now? Oh yes ! Someone elses hairstyle! Very relevant and insightful. Sure, it looks a bit daft , so effing what!  What next, their choice of casual shoe for walking the dog? Colour of their  toothbrush? Choice of sandwich filling?  Come on someone ,have at a dig at him for "cultural apropriarion" ...haven't thought of that angle have you? Or the fact that the hour it took to style it like that could have been better spent cleaning hospital wards or feeding the homeless...just like you do in your spare time.Naughty  naughty Todd. I suppose the venting on here saves your families from being on the receiving  end. So it is therapeutic, i suppose,for those that need it. 

100 % this Pugino. As I said,clutching at straws . ( corn rows actually).

Todd Cantwells  hair relegated us. 😉😇👍

10 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not sure about that, should get himself a' proper ' job,  knuckle down , become a worker ant for some big company /bank/ institution, then he can feel justified in moaning about other people's hair. 👍😇😉

10 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Did you mock Cameron Jeromes hair when he had it like that.?  The OP has history for not having a sense of humour and is a self confessed smug know all . Unless you are him, how the hell can you know what his intentions are. Most ,if not all  of his posts lately are having a dig at someone in the Club set up. Leopards cant change their spots and Rats are creatures of habit.  

I'll ignore the last line of your post as the testosterone flooding through your so macho persona has clearly affected your thinking.  

Short back and sides for everyone then, nice grey suit and a disparaging outlook on anyone who doesnt do the same. Tough shoite , the world is changing ,as it always has, either accept it or get flattened by it. What next ? Boy George cant sing cos he wears make up and dresses differently? 

In my Army days I shared a room with a guy who, on seeing Boy George said " I hate queens, if my sister brought somethingike that home, id fooking thump him ...and her". ...... poor chap didnt make the connection that Boy G was extremely unlikely to be presented at home as her boyfriend. He had tbe excuse of a poor education and a pretty slow mind. I'd help him with letters , bank stuff etc. Whats your and the OPs excuse?

On 25/11/2019 at 07:52, wcorkcanary said:

Even though TvB has blocked me for pointing out the inacurracies in a couple of his posts and refusing to back down( naughty me, daring to challenge his authority), I'm gonna reply anyway. He may not see it unless he has a peek or someone quotes me , then it may slip through.

From everything stated by Webber etc. I really can't see us spending much at all, which is ok by me as I've bought into the plan as it is at the moment. Saturday showed what we can do, we just need to be a little more consistent , which with Zimbo back and the two sheilding mids in front of back four, should be easier to achieve. 

The  position that we need cover at is of course centre half, which may be a target,  all other positions seem to be covered or have someone who can  do a job there. Now, having said that if the right player at whatever position is available then we may go for them, the plan is long term I believe and that will require patience, not kneejerk panic buys.

Difficult for some to stomach I know ,but the club will almost certainly stick to the plan , because it is the plan , simple as that. I agree with RTB ( on football matters) Herman and CD.

Things may change of course if we have serious injuries somewhere but centre half is really the position that needs cover. I have no idea who may be targeted,if anyone as my knowledge of players is minimal, my interest and knowledge is more in the positional  and tactical areas as youth development has been my passion for the last twelve years or so, now retired. The whole team development is what I find interesting, assembling an off the peg team, I'll leave to Jose Moaninho and other market experts.

PS, thought Sheffield United were fantastic yesterday, no I don't wish we were them, but by God they gave man u a rattle.

9 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Aaah, I see, so a little pi$$ taking  by his team mates, who probably couldnt give a toss really ,as long as he does his job is the same as a  sniping repeat offender  trying to  humiliate one of our successes in a disappointing season. Get real or get fooked. 

PS not over reacting, after it all wasnt me making idiotic posts in the first place , just defending someone who  has played to the best of his ability this season.  Someone way smarter than me, Wolfo for example, should be able to post a link explaining exactly  why these inadequates  feel the need to post such tripe. Its probably down to personal issues. 

Calling Wolfo for research and back up reference info. No rush wolfo, the snipers arent going anywhere until they get a grip of their tantrums. 

7 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I dont believe  you do gentle  ribbing, just divisive,  snarky  posts.  But hey ho,  whatever  gets you through your busy day .  I think if you look back many of my posts are humour based, doesnt mean I wont stand up  for what I believe  to be true though.   Have a nice Sunday, mine is already better knowing that now we are relegated , I can totally ignore all the hand wringing , gnashing of teeth and finger pointing that will , no doubt  be a major feature until  we next win a game in the Championship ...and probably beyond that as the same old topics are dragged up again and again. 

I'll be  looking forward, not back , it's a useful technique  for inner peace and believe it or  not , positive outcomes. I'll  leave the criticisms of hairstyles etc to those that are bothered enough by such trivia . Tight lines , love.... Damien? X 👍😇😉

7 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Who cares what seventies ' hard men ' would think......the one valuable point you make is that it was   a different era; when men were men and  racism, sexism and hairstylism were acceptable , the world is changing fast and anyone who thinks this  to be untrue has their head in the sand. Racism etc was once considered ok, then it    was....'just a bit of banter Chalky , dont get  upset about it'. Now it is a crime .  As is giving the missus a slap cos your dinner is late.  Good job too as some have no idea how to behave towards fellow humans and need laws to stop them disseminating hatred . From little acorns........

6 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Though I wholeheartedly agree  with your first sentence wackyo. The second plays directly into the hands of the Snipers, what difference does it make ? except ruffling the feathers of a few that will seize upon any little thing to have a  go at the Club, its management and players. A match or a season never hinged on a haircut, well not to a reasonable open minded person anyway. Haters gonna hate , dont feed the trolls.

Sorry, wackyo , cant agree with comparing relegation with a funeral.....two funerals last year, both of which affected me more profoundly than yesterday. Haircuts are just not an issue to me, maybe to some, just not me. Life is too short ,unlike Todders hair.

No worries Wackyo, I dont believe you are in the 'any chance to have a pop'  brigade. Maybe Todders was trolling with his hair and the suckers bit.😇👍😉

Sorry, wackyo , cant agree with comparing relegation with a funeral.....two funerals last year, both of which affected me more profoundly than yesterday. Haircuts are just not an issue to me, maybe to some, just not me. Life is too short ,unlike Todders hair.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Cheers , Joneso, no biggie,  without getting too into it, I'm just one of a few on here who are behind what the Club has done the last couple years. Yep, disappointed with performance lately, just dont see the need to portray almost everything in the Club in a negative light.   Right down to some kids haircut ffs. If the history of disingenuous posting wasnt there , I would have dismissed it instantly or maybe added a laugh, as I dont take the post itself seriously. Just wonder why ,if so unhappy at the club and its staff, they bother watching at all, never mind keep  repackaging their gripes. You seem direct and up front with no particular agenda , no probs here with that. Welcome to the madhouse. ....most things dont go too far , but there are some who have resorted to unpleasant things. OTBC 😉👍😇

Just by having a look to see if I'm a persistent Cantwell critic or not... I've been so relentlessly hard on the lad over the course of this season haven't I Corky... 

On 24/11/2019 at 05:49, TeemuVanBasten said:

Cantwell worked his bloody socks off in the first half and put his body on the line, he was here, there and every f'in where. 

On 03/12/2019 at 06:34, TeemuVanBasten said:

The difference between Todd Cantwell and a Murphy twin is that Cantwell just wants it enough to make it happen, he'll have a better career as a result. 

Really unlucky not to get a second when he burst into their box to try and pick up that loose ball, that's the level of desire we need from our players to get on the end of things.

At the moment he's well worth his place in the XI. 

On 23/11/2019 at 21:30, TeemuVanBasten said:

Started this thread to stick up for Cantwell after this absolute stinker of a game, because he at least put effort it.

Leitner that day barely broke a sweat.

Fantastic to see Cantwell turn his form around, but I'm just really glad that Farke has seen the light and dropped Leitner.

On 22/01/2020 at 20:17, TeemuVanBasten said:

People blaming Cantwell for that don't understand football. 

On 31/08/2019 at 20:41, TeemuVanBasten said:

Cantwell has 2 assists and 1 goal this season, he didn't get much of a sniff today but he's been one of our better players thus far, certainly don't think we can justify dropping him right now.... although I'm sure his form will be up and down so that time will come. 

On 14/09/2019 at 23:10, TeemuVanBasten said:

Todd Cantwell to Norwich is becoming a special player to us, like Fernando Torres is to Athletico Madrid.

On 31/08/2019 at 20:49, TeemuVanBasten said:

Exactly, Cantwell has been our best attacking midfielder.

I'm hoping Buendia will come to life again, but so far he looks like he's lacking a bit of fight. 

There are a few people who have made it clear I'd be getting their nomination for arrogant tw*t of the year, and I'll accept that this is partially justified due to my form. 

But for my two sentences to evoke this level of response from you does seem to suggest that you may fast be becoming candidate for forum whack job of the year.

I know you are playing the poster and not the post, just admit it. 

But well done for managing to squeeze in a reference to my very normal bank job again Corky (start a new job with a betting company next month, that will upset you even more!), thanks so much for implying that I must be abusive to my family on the strength of thinking that Todd has a dodgy barnet. 

Its true that I'd love to land one on your chin.

Take care.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Thought you couldn't be bothered to read them , but could be bothered to quote and respond.  Bless you for bothering.  What you think of  me is of little consequence, threaten away , you are the only poster  that behaves this way at the moment, ultra defensive  I'd call it. I wonder  why?

Adieu , until you gather up enough juice to  reply. Once you get bolshy you should be ignored.

13 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Thought you couldn't be bothered to read them , but could be bothered to quote and respond.  Bless you for bothering.  What you think of  me is of little consequence, threaten away , you are the only poster  that behaves this way at the moment, ultra defensive  I'd call it. I wonder  why?

Adieu , until you gather up enough juice to  reply. Once you get bolshy you should be ignored.

If I post this before I go to bed:

18 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can't believe there hasn't been on thread on this. 

Just, what is it? 

Why pull that monstrosity out of the bag for relegation day? 

And wake up to this...

I suppose the venting on here saves your families from being on the receiving  end. 

Which I find very odd and offensive being somebody with a young family, even if other people don't.

Then yes, that makes me not like you. 

You invite @Feedthewolf to pitch in to back you up, I'm intrigued by that having had quite a long private conversation with feed the wolf recently and finding him to be really sensible. 

Doesn't strike me as the type of person who would take issue with me working in a bank or who would consider your responses on this thread to be at all proportionate, but whatever. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And wake up to this...

Which I find very odd, even if other people don't.

You invite @Feedthewolf to pitch in to back you up, I'm intrigued by that having had quite a long private conversation with feed the wolf recently and finding him to be really sensible. 

Doesn't strike me as the type of person who would take issue with me working in a bank or who would consider your responses on this thread to be at all proportionate, but whatever. 

Ignore him I do! He isn’t even one of our own To make matters worse 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

Ignore him I do! He isn’t even one of our own To make matters worse 

Glad not to be anything to do with you. Aaaaanyway  happy trolling lads

PS TvB is much better at it than you  Freddo. You're laughable  , he has the guts to apologise when wrong as would anyone human.

48 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And wake up to this...

Which I find very odd and offensive being somebody with a young family, even if other people don't.

Yeah, I can't be arsed to get involved, but I think you're both being a bit silly. I've been guilty of it myself plenty of times.

I do think you let yourself down when you talk about wanting to act violently towards other posters, though. That's not a good look.

Neither of you are trolls, you're just a bit spiky. It's about knowing when to have a snipe, and when things are getting a bit OTT.

7 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Was it Jason Lee at Forest who left the game early and suffered from depression and mental health issues, a lot of it due to the "He's got a pineapple on his head" abuse from the terraces? One man's "gentle ribbing" can have unforeseen & hurtful consequences. 

Think it was more that he got slaughtered on a cult TV program week after week. He really got it the neck, pretty painful to watch now.

Edited by Icecream Snow

Jason Lee was on TalkSport the other day talking about racism in football, made the incredulous claim that commentators use racist language when they describe players like Drogba or Origi as 'powerful' or 'athletic', as it suggests black players can only be that.  Genuinely couldn't believe what I was hearing and he wasn't having Natalie Sawyer arguing that they were being described that way as that's exactly how they are, and how is that a bad thing anyway?  Simon Jordan was having none of it either

3 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Jason Lee was on TalkSport the other day talking about racism in football, made the incredulous claim that commentators use racist language when they describe players like Drogba or Origi as 'powerful' or 'athletic', as it suggests black players can only be that.  Genuinely couldn't believe what I was hearing and he wasn't having Natalie Sawyer arguing that they were being described that way as that's exactly how they are, and how is that a bad thing anyway?  Simon Jordan was having none of it either

Christ alive, that's absolute insanity. 'Powerful' and 'athletic' are very different attributes anyway, and Drogba and Origi are totally different kinds of player. What about calling Kanu 'lanky' or Shaun Wright-Phillips 'diminutive'? Is that racist too?

7 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

I think there was a study done on it and there is some truth to it. Black players are often much more praised for their physicality than their skill or their mental attributes. I don't think Lee is saying that all commentators are openly racist, it is just more of an unconscious bias.

Ita definitely an issue in American Football where people were openly convinced for years that black quarterbacks couldn't succeed in the game as they didn't have what it takes "above the shoulders."

So I don't think its quite as silly as it sounds.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I think there was a study done on it and there is some truth to it. Black players are often much more praised for their physicality than their skill or their mental attributes. I don't think Lee is saying that all commentators are openly racist, it is just more of an unconscious bias.

Ita definitely an issue in American Football where people were openly convinced for years that black quarterbacks couldn't succeed in the game as they didn't have what it takes "above the shoulders."

Or maybe it's that many black players/sports stars have these attributes?  There's a reason there are many more black sprinters than white, a lot of it is down to genetics.

If there is a case about comments about intelligence (which of course is nonsense, intelligence is nothing to do with race) then that's very different from the nonsense Jason Lee was spouting last week.

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Christ alive, that's absolute insanity. 'Powerful' and 'athletic' are very different attributes anyway, and Drogba and Origi are totally different kinds of player. What about calling Kanu 'lanky' or Shaun Wright-Phillips 'diminutive'? Is that racist too?

Exactly, obviously there is a lot of good work happening right now regarding equality, but unfortunately comments like his do not help one bit

14 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Or maybe it's that many black players/sports stars have these attributes?  There's a reason there are many more black sprinters than white, a lot of it is down to genetics.

If there is a case about comments about intelligence (which of course is nonsense, intelligence is nothing to do with race) then that's very different from the nonsense Jason Lee was spouting last week.

I think it is more that these players get frustrated they are only highlighted for those attributes. 

Detail can be found here - https://www.thepfa.com/news/2020/6/30/racial-bias-in-football-commentary

41 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Think it was more that he got slaughtered on a cult TV program week after week. He really got it the neck, pretty painful to watch now.

Similar to what Craig David got from Bo Selecta, even the programme title is a nod to Craig David.

He did Mel B as well didn't he.

Notice they are all black, and is black mask any better than black face? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

25 minutes ago, king canary said:

May be something in it, who knows.

But Jermaine Defoe praised throughout his whole career for deadly finishing and footballing intelligence. 

And pretty sure the Brazil teams that dominated football for years and years were praised for their beautiful football and not their power. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

But Jermaine Defoe praised throughout his whole career for deadly finishing and footballing intelligence. 

And pretty sure the Brazil teams that dominated football for years and years were praised for their beautiful football and not their power. 

Jermaine Defoe is actually a good example right now, as he came out and said he wants a managerial or coaching position because he is good enough and has worked hard to gain the correct qualifications (Dwight Yorke take note).

I personally think we'll start seeing more and more BAME people in management over the next decade or so, purely because there are currently a lot more BAME players, and most coaches/managers come from a playing background, so when the current crop were playing there was not as higher representation from these groups and as such hasn't manifested into coaching roles just yet.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, I can't be arsed to get involved, but I think you're both being a bit silly. I've been guilty of it myself plenty of times.

I do think you let yourself down when you talk about wanting to act violently towards other posters, though. That's not a good look.

Neither of you are trolls, you're just a bit spiky. It's about knowing when to have a snipe, and when things are getting a bit OTT.

Yes suggesting a straightener was a bit silly (although that's a bit different from threatening to attack somebody, as one is mutually agreed and the other isn't). 

But the reality is that Wcorkcanary is the one coming at me, every time, then playing the victim when I bite and say something silly like offering him a straightener. This thread is a good example of that, and that's the way it has been for a long time.

And I happen to think there is something admirable about the way that travelling men agree to meet up, have a straightener and then shake hands. If only kids in London and Manchester learnt how to use their fists and settled their differences that way instead of stabbing each other!

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

True, you can always find exceptions to these rules but the PFA study seems pretty comprehensive.