Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Have some of the players gone already?

Far from Farke losing the players I got the feeling today that some have already got a club lined up for next season. They made Damien Francis look like a workaholic 

I don't know about the players leaving already, but there is something very wrong behind the scenes. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Farke has already told all concerned he has something lined up for next season

Jamal is off to Palace from whats been floating around rumour town, we all know the links to Godfrey, Aaron's and Spurs are getting all lovey dovey and Cantwell I can bet will be one that will probably not be playing with us next season.

Does any of this affect the players mindsets however? Probably, but I'm not a psychologist 

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Jamal is off to Palace from whats been floating around rumour town, we all know the links to Godfrey, Aaron's and Spurs are getting all lovey dovey and Cantwell I can bet will be one that will probably not be playing with us next season.

Does any of this affect the players mindsets however? Probably, but I'm not a psychologist 

I heard the other day that Max is no longer quite as keen on Spurs after playing there in a friendly. Apparently he didn't like what he heard from the Spurs bench during the game. No idea if this is true. 

I’m honestly struggling to see who is actually capable of making the step up and playing regularly at this level. There is a lot of potential but I can’t see many or even any regular starters from what we’ve seen from them this season 

One thing certain 3 of the 4 won’t be here 

Frightening to think what’s left

7 minutes ago, JF said:

I’m honestly struggling to see who is actually capable of making the step up and playing regularly at this level. There is a lot of potential but I can’t see many or even any regular starters from what we’ve seen from them this season 

Thing is most of our players together arent good enough for the top leauge.

But you plop, say Cantwell into a team filled with world class superstars and he will improve and shine even further.

Godfrey has got some learning to do as I'm sure he will admit. Probably his worst game ever for us today. He will learn nothing from Norwich with our defensive coach and even less from Klose who is frankly abysmal. Aarons and Lewis are decent defenders and might flourish in a better set up. Emi is class and worked hard today, Cantwell didn't do much when he came on and is probably the one who's mind was elsewhere.

Pains me to say it but Pukki didn't really look interested unlike Hernandez who put himself about - top man Onel!

12 minutes ago, JF said:

But that does not bother me at all.

I am very happy to sell when these players have a high market value.

If they play for us next seasons and we struggle and their hearts are not in it then we lose out, one on performance and points, but two the value of that player.

I dont want any player injured and hope we sell for big £££. We are building and again feel we can have a more balanced team with those funds going into areas that develop the spine of the team.

I always look forward to the off season but feel this off season we can make the most for players who can give us plenty of cash in the bank and available for players.

Edited by smooth

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Thing is most of our players together arent good enough for the top leauge.

But you plop, say Cantwell into a team filled with world class superstars and he will improve and shine even further.

Yes maybe. But we’ve seen so many individual errors and no shows from these players that you wonder if they will end up as bench warmers or worse just squad players that never see the pitch. I don’t think another season In the championship will do any of them any harm development wise at all. Obviously we know that if big clubs and money come in then that won’t happen and they will be off

Edited by JF

9 minutes ago, JF said:

I think several of them individually could be carried by a better team, but not to the extent of a £25m bid. If we have really already accepted a bid from Palace for Lewis I would be astonished - if McCallum is as good as we think, Lewis probably isn't even first choice here anymore. The performances since lockdown and without a crowd encouraging them have shown how weak some of our so called stars are at this level.

Honestly, I don't think any of them will attract a bid big enough to tempt Webber.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Aarons and Lewis are decent defenders

Seriously? You must be watching different games to me.

Just now, sgncfc said:

they're caught upfield all day because that's how they're being asked to play.

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

I said they were decent, that's hardly a glowing assessment. It doesn't help Lewis is often left defending the back stick against the tallest player on the pitch. This was evident in the very first game against Liverpool when he was left to mark Van Dijk yet Farke still persisted with it.

Far from retarded (checkout me on Countdown) 

You show your ignorance and immaturity by even contemplating using that word

Not getting drawn into arguing with your type

PS If you think the present team will walk TC let’s hope you are right

What is our valuation strategy?

Godfrey has only 3 under 21 internationals under his belt yet we rate him at £50 million. Yet a player we were apparently interested in 8 months younger than Godfrey with 4 full internationals behind him plus 15 under 21 internationals including a Euro under 21 semi final is apparently worth no more than £5 million. 

Frankly why did Stuart Webber board a plane under current circumstances when it must be possible to watch videos of the player and to confer my telephone or other media  about the potential price?

21 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I said they were decent, that's hardly a glowing assessment. It doesn't help Lewis is often left defending the back stick against the tallest player on the pitch. This was evident in the very first game against Liverpool when he was left to mark Van Dijk yet Farke still persisted with it.

Simple - the guy has not got a clue how to set up a team (or individuals) to defend! He is obsessed with making players 'comfortable on the ball' and keeping possession. Sorry - but the most obvious priority for a defence is  to get your tackles in, win headers, hold the line and 'stand up your opponent'. Only when you've mastered that should you move on to the pretty stuff playing out from the back. 

17 hours ago, essex canary said:

What is our valuation strategy?

Godfrey has only 3 under 21 internationals under his belt yet we rate him at £50 million. Yet a player we were apparently interested in 8 months younger than Godfrey with 4 full internationals behind him plus 15 under 21 internationals including a Euro under 21 semi final is apparently worth no more than £5 million. 

Frankly why did Stuart Webber board a plane under current circumstances when it must be possible to watch videos of the player and to confer my telephone or other media  about the potential price?

We don't think Godfrey is worth 50m, the cub doesnt think that.

It's called both trying to price him out of a move.