Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Stuart Webber where are you ?

9 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Get that but if you are demanding commitment then maybe don't mention you'll be off at every available opportunity.

Did Webber leave Huddersfield better off... Seems to have come undone a bit...

I Think Webber Seems Very Good short Term ,

i Do Not know what went on at Huddersfield but that did not last 

he has stated he will be on the move From us ,

seems he likes a new Challenge ever 2/3 years  

must be a reason he likes to move instead of staying long term 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

I Think Webber Seems Very Good short Term ,

i Do Not know what went on at Huddersfield but that did not last 

he has stated he will be on the move From us ,

seems he likes a new Challenge ever 2/3 years  

must be a reason he likes to move instead of staying long term 

Career progression, probably

40 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Get that but if you are demanding commitment then maybe don't mention you'll be off at every available opportunity.

He knew that owner at the time Dean Hoyle was going to scrap the academy (downgrade it to Cat 4 status).

5 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

I'm sorry but Leicester are a way, way bigger club than us in almost every regard. Palace? Burnley? Brighton? That's about our level.

No chance. Only very recently due to the wealth of their owners. Look back at the club Leicester were before they got their current investors and you will see a very Norwich-esque club indeed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

No chance. Only very recently due to the wealth of their owners. Look back at the club Leicester were before they got their current investors and you will see a very Norwich-esque club indeed. 

Who until recent years couldn’t attract attendances like Norwich. 

10 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think it's quite refreshing to hear someone speak the truth and say that the club is a massive old entity and he is merely a custodian passing through for a short time.

That perspective means he's making decisions and laying down foundations that benefit the club for the long term, rather than doing what's best for himself in the short term. That can only be applauded. What do you want to hear? He wants to stay until he's 65? Barely anyone in any walk of life would set such an unrealistic expectation like that, let alone in the crazy world of football.

The alternative is McNally who despite all his great work, very much rolled the dice at the end and when it went all wrong, left the mess to someone else. 

Pinkun bingo - latest Athletic article featuring Stuart Webber

“I’ve not read the social media comments but I can guess them. ‘Lost the dressing room’. ‘Why are we zonal marking?’ ‘Tactics are wrong’. Show me the social media posts of someone who has done the job, successfully. Not for 10 games and got the sack. Then I’ll listen to them.

14 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I'm not sure if this is rhetorical or not. However, yes, obviously he did.

9 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Pinkun bingo - latest Athletic article featuring Stuart Webber

“I’ve not read the social media comments but I can guess them. ‘Lost the dressing room’. ‘Why are we zonal marking?’ ‘Tactics are wrong’. Show me the social media posts of someone who has done the job, successfully. Not for 10 games and got the sack. Then I’ll listen to them.

Just read it- interesting piece again but he's really putting the boot in on the players and probably not helping cool any anti owner sentiment.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Just read it- interesting piece again but he's really putting the boot in on the players and probably not helping cool any anti owner sentiment.

MIchael Bailey always seems to get more out of his interviews than the remaning Pinkun guys. I wouldn't say he put the boot in, but acknowledged the gap between the Premiership and Championship.

“It’s not so much fitness. We’ve pretty much outrun 90 per cent of the teams we’ve played. We’re as fit as everyone,” says Webber. “But every team we played was bigger than us. Even their small players are big. The pace in the league is unbelievable too. Every team has three or four Michail Antonios. You’re coming up against juggernauts. They can turn it up for 20 minutes and bang, just blow you away.”

Adding to that you've got young players having their heads turned by agents, and players whose time with us has naturally drawn to a close as some of them need to be upgraded.

It will be a very interesting couple of months. Our squad is top heavy with not quite good enough players who are on long contracts, and moving some of them on is not going to be easy. Clearly we have some money available to buy in fresh legs and if we already have the seven detailed, with at least another 2 or 3 on the radar, there will be some exits.

How this window is managed will ultimately determine whether the Farke/Webber time here is deemed a long term success or just another short term Alex Neill type hiatus.

Remember though that when we went down in 2016 we were left with what we all thought was a squad more than capable of bouncing straight back - we had gone down with 34 points and had scored 39 goals; lots of our losses were by the odd goal. We won at Old Trafford; drew at Anfield. We had 23 points by early January and were 3-1 up against Liverpool and a win in that game would probably have seen us end up safe, but then the roof caved in.

That bought Alex Neill a few months, but in the end his inflexibility and commitment to those players who had got him to that high point cost him his job. I'm not sure Farke has that long after the end to this season, which has been embarrassing and has destroyed his reputation as a coach. He has to be completely ruthless to succeed and I don't think he can be. I was a huge Farke fan like everyone else, but he seems to have lost his way, just like Neill did when the results went against him.

I like Webber a lot. I admire his honesty and his priorities. Will he get rid of Farke when he needs to or will he wait until they both have to fall on their swords together? 

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

It will be a very interesting couple of months. Our squad is top heavy with not quite good enough players who are on long contracts, and moving some of them on is not going to be easy. Clearly we have some money available to buy in fresh legs and if we already have the seven detailed, with at least another 2 or 3 on the radar, there will be some exits.

How this window is managed will ultimately determine whether the Farke/Webber time here is deemed a long term success or just another short term Alex Neill type hiatus.

Remember though that when we went down in 2016 we were left with what we all thought was a squad more than capable of bouncing straight back - we had gone down with 34 points and had scored 39 goals; lots of our losses were by the odd goal. We won at Old Trafford; drew at Anfield. We had 23 points by early January and were 3-1 up against Liverpool and a win in that game would probably have seen us end up safe, but then the roof caved in.

That bought Alex Neill a few months, but in the end his inflexibility and commitment to those players who had got him to that high point cost him his job. I'm not sure Farke has that long after the end to this season, which has been embarrassing and has destroyed his reputation as a coach. He has to be completely ruthless to succeed and I don't think he can be. I was a huge Farke fan like everyone else, but he seems to have lost his way, just like Neill did when the results went against him.

I like Webber a lot. I admire his honesty and his priorities. Will he get rid of Farke when he needs to or will he wait until they both have to fall on their swords together? 

We had a similar situation in 2005- Ashton McKenzie and Huckerby were going to score 50+ goals between them, Safri and Holt would dominate central midfield, Drury was the best left back outside the Premier League, Rob Green was an international quality keeper etc etc. 

I don't doubt Webber will get rid if the need arises though- I'd imagine if we're midtable around Christmas then there will be pressure.