Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Stuart Webber where are you ?

2 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

In your stand against those who feel the current owners can no longer take the club forward,  you have repeatedly reiterated that there are no billionaires lining up to buy the club and even asked those with differing opinions, to list potential buyers to substantiate your stance, er go your point is, nobody wants to buy the club!

Yet in this current exchange with Til, your retort to his point is that she could have sold the club at anytime for a healthy profit, which would imply you believe there are lots of potential buyers out there?

I don’t need to point out the contradiction in these two statements I’m sure!

Perhaps Til only posts when the club are doing badly but at least his opinion is consistent and doesn’t change to win an argument!

He doesn’t only post when the club does badly. He’s always posting on here through good and bad times. It’s just the good has been far outweighed by the bad lately!

7 minutes ago, JF said:

He doesn’t only post when the club does badly. He’s always posting on here through good and bad times. It’s just the good has been far outweighed by the bad lately!

To be fair, Tilly does post on here consistently throughout good times and bad.

He just doesn't acknowledge that the good times are good times.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JF said:

While you’re here, what’s your thoughts on how you’ll fare next season? Many on here, myself included, under estimated the gulf in quality and believed we would comfortably manage a mid table finish. 

If we get the magic 7 points required, then apparently the QSI investment machine is ready to roll. If Bielsa stays then I’d expect a handful of new signings certainly. We’ve seen the different financial strategies of Norwich and Villa this season, and also the quality of recruitment by Huddersfield recently. With respect, despite what some might say, Leeds are still a big draw and that may help in attracting players. 3 points tomorrow and we can start to taste it...

2 minutes ago, ALAW said:

If we get the magic 7 points required, then apparently the QSI investment machine is ready to roll. If Bielsa stays then I’d expect a handful of new signings certainly. We’ve seen the different financial strategies of Norwich and Villa this season, and also the quality of recruitment by Huddersfield recently. With respect, despite what some might say, Leeds are still a big draw and that may help in attracting players. 3 points tomorrow and we can start to taste it...

Might Bielsa leave, then?

1 minute ago, ALAW said:

You won’t blow it now, you’re definitely going up. I would say good luck and enjoy it but from our experience it’s really not very enjoyable! 

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Might Bielsa leave, then?

The man’s an enigma, would never try to second guess him. Hopefully he’ll give it a shot if we get there.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

ALAW..

If the investors only want to invest if you're promoted what happens if you're relegated?

If they buy in, they’ll not want to see their asset lose value. It’s in their interest to build a team equipped to stay up.

Just now, ALAW said:

The man’s an enigma, would never try to second guess him. Hopefully he’ll give it a shot if we get there.

Hope he does. Love the guy, and it'd be great to see him have a crack at the PL. Wonder if he'll buy himself a new bucket to sit on?

2 minutes ago, ALAW said:

If they buy in, they’ll not want to see their asset lose value. It’s in their interest to build a team equipped to stay up.

I know.

But what happens if you're relegated?

Or are you discounting that possibility.

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I know.

But what happens if you're relegated?

Or are you discounting that possibility.

Your guess is as good as mine!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

To be fair, Tilly does post on here consistently throughout good times and bad.

He just doesn't acknowledge that the good times are good times.

Wolf I’m not sure that’s fair on Til, I don’t think he’s been anti owners Til recently, I might be wrong but I don’t see Til as not acknowledging the good times, I just think like a lot of us, he’s become a tad fed up with things. I did three years ago to the point I jacked in my season ticket after 20 odd years. 
Finally accepting there’s no chance of changing things allows you to pull back from the environment of the club to just enjoying the game and our team for what it is.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Wolf I’m not sure that’s fair on Til, I don’t think he’s been anti owners Til recently, I might be wrong but I don’t see Til as not acknowledging the good times, I just think like a lot of us, he’s become a tad fed up with things. I did three years ago to the point I jacked in my season ticket after 20 odd years. 
Finally accepting there’s no chance of changing things allows you to pull back from the environment of the club to just enjoying the game and our team for what it is.

It was only intended in a light-hearted way, I should've put a smiley after it or something.

It is bloody hard to get him to say anything positive at all, though!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It was only intended in a light-hearted way, I should've put a smiley after it or something.

It is bloody hard to get him to say anything positive at all, though!

Fair enough Wolfi, it’s a tough time but not unexpected so I’m calm with it. I think we’re doing things the right way by investing in the younger hungry players, not journeymen who cost far too much for no real commitment.

Though I’ve never been so enamoured as others by the owners. I’ve been to many functions in my time and went to Malaysia with the fans where we got the Delia who loves to be adored, she soon turns very sour when she’s challenged. I find her very flippant towards the fans and that was my biggest issue. Now I really can’t say I care much who owns the club, I’m just a casual supporter now and lot happier.

Just now, Indy said:

Fair enough Wolfi, it’s a tough time but not unexpected so I’m calm with it. I think we’re doing things the right way by investing in the younger hungry players, not journeymen who cost far too much for no real commitment.

Though I’ve never been so enamoured as others by the owners. I’ve been to many functions in my time and went to Malaysia with the fans where we got the Delia who loves to be adored, she soon turns very sour when she’s challenged. I find her very flippant towards the fans and that was my biggest issue. Now I really can’t say I care much who owns the club, I’m just a casual supporter now and lot happier.

I've not seen that side of her, other than when she's having a pop back in the media at people accusing her of being an Ipswich fan, or telling her to sell up or whatever. But I trust that what you say is true as you saw it.

Similarly, if ever there was going to be a time when people are entitled to have a grumble and a groan, it's now. Yes I know we were in a lot worse situations in the past, but what we've put up with in the past few weeks is going to test the patience and positivity of everyone.

53 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

In your stand against those who feel the current owners can no longer take the club forward,  you have repeatedly reiterated that there are no billionaires lining up to buy the club and even asked those with differing opinions, to list potential buyers to substantiate your stance, er go your point is, nobody wants to buy the club!

Yet in this current exchange with Til, your retort to his point is that she could have sold the club at anytime for a healthy profit, which would imply you believe there are lots of potential buyers out there?

I don’t need to point out the contradiction in these two statements I’m sure!

Perhaps Til only posts when the club are doing badly but at least his opinion is consistent and doesn’t change to win an argument!

Can I make this any clearer? I mean I'll try but if you've not got it yet I'm not sure you're going to.

I DO NOT THINK WE HAVE BILLIONAIRES WAITING TO BUY THIS CLUB. 

My point was in regards to Delia and if she "cares" or not. My point is, if like others are saying, there ARE billionaires who want to buy the club (again, to reiterate I DO NOT believe that is the case), then Delia could have just sold to the first bidder and made herself incredibly rich.

Do I need to clarify further?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s surprising that a persons public persona and how they actually are can be very different.

4 hours ago, Cliff the Canary said:

This should be Delia’s and MJW mission statement for for the club 🤣😂

I think you'll find it is.......and I think it's you and people like you who don't understand that who are posting stupid emoji's who make yourselves look a bit silly.

1 hour ago, ALAW said:

I did read that Biesla remaining at Elland Rd isn’t certain if the new investment materialises. People often want their own man in charge.

Given the choice I find it hard to believe he wouldn’t want a go at it especially as he stayed with you this season.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

We'll miss Webber once he's gone. I absolutely love Farke, but our form since the restart means he's not bulletproof. I absolutely trust Webber to make the call on whether he's the right man to get us back up.

How can you make judgement calls like this though, when we don't know who is pulling the strings with transfers.

I mean, if Farke had no or little input on Duda and Drmic, should Farke really be the fall guy when he fails to polish a turd?

And if the dressing room is unsettled, why do we assume that it is Farke they aren't playing for, somebody above him could have rocked the boat? 

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

How can you make judgement calls like this though, when we don't know who is pulling the strings with transfers.

I mean, if Farke had no or little input on Duda and Drmic, should Farke really be the fall guy when he fails to polish a turd?

And if the dressing room is unsettled, why do we assume that it is Farke they aren't playing for, somebody above him could have rocked the boat? 

Not claiming to have insider knowledge, just offering my opinion based on my hunches. As we all are, really.

All season I'd been defending Farke for having to polish the turd you mention, but the performances since the restart have been so appalling, the man who picks the team and the tactics has to take some of the blame for that.

I would guess that Farke would have had some input into Duda and Drmic, seeing as they both played in the German league. But again, even assuming it was Webber who made those signings, do you blame him, or do you blame the owners for not giving him any budget and asking him to polish that same turd?

Webber seems to be a man of action rather than empty words, and I trust him. Whether that trust is misplaced, we'll see in the next 12 months.

12 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

We'll defo be one o' the teams to beat next season....Not gonna be easy.....

Unless the manager or squad changes, it’s probably more realistic to say we’ll definitely be one of the teams most other clubs will beat next season.

Edited by Jonncfc

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Not claiming to have insider knowledge, just offering my opinion based on my hunches. As we all are, really.

All season I'd been defending Farke for having to polish the turd you mention, but the performances since the restart have been so appalling, the man who picks the team and the tactics has to take some of the blame for that.

I would guess that Farke would have had some input into Duda and Drmic, seeing as they both played in the German league. But again, even assuming it was Webber who made those signings, do you blame him, or do you blame the owners for not giving him any budget and asking him to polish that same turd?

Webber seems to be a man of action rather than empty words, and I trust him. Whether that trust is misplaced, we'll see in the next 12 months.

Agree with this!

1 minute ago, Jonncfc said:

Unless the manager or squad change, it’s probably more realistic to say we’ll definitely be one of the teams most other clubs will beat next season.

The squad will change that's natural.

The manager is the same one who won the division we are going to be in next season. The same manager who got us playing fantastic football and nearly scoring 100 goals in the process.

11 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hope he does. Love the guy, and it'd be great to see him have a crack at the PL. Wonder if he'll buy himself a new bucket to sit on?

One of my favourite clips is when he sat on a hot coffee placed on his bucket by his assistant😂

• Haha 1

Stuart Webber has worked wonders at this club, look at where we were when he came in. A mid table championship side. Changed the whole philosophy and makeup of the club. 

The money which has been spent on training facilities and youth set up, that should've been done years ago when we had 3 consecutive seasons in the prem.

2 seasons ago did you expect to have 4 young players coming through the academy and being genuine starters week in week out. With others clearly coming through behind them.

He will admit we made mistakes in the recruitment this season but the wages we pay and the fees we can afford we are shopping in a different market than most other premier league clubs so the signings were always going to be a risk.

Fahrmann was signed to be no1, got injured and Krul was superb.

Amadou was signed to play CM but we had too many injuries at CB for him to get a run there.

Robert's looked a good signing on paper But im sure no one expected Cantwell to kick on like he did.

Duda is another one on paper who should've worked, had a good spell the season before for a decent side in the Bundesligait. Done well on his debut but hasnt offered anything since.

We have made mistakes and knowing Webber like we do, he knows that. 

Keep the faith, he know what hes doing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

One of my favourite clips is when he sat on a hot coffee placed on his bucket by his assistant😂

Worth 22 seconds of anyone's time.

13 hours ago, Indy said:

Delia Is In Charge And Indy is 100 % She can turn Sour Very Quickly Ask Moxey ha !!