Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Stuart Webber where are you ?

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

The only contradiction is your post.

If she didn't love the club she could have sold to anyone whilst the club was in the prem and make her family very rich.

Yet instead, she and Michael have stayed and reached a point where the club has no internal or external debt. How many other clubs can say that at the moment?

I'm absolutely not against new investment, but considering that modern football generally involves gambling on ever-increasing amounts of debt in an attempt to get the crumbs from the top table, we're in an excellent position overall.

Just as no amount of money in the bank can excuse the gutless performances in the past few weeks, no amount of gutless performances can avoid the fact that we've done brilliantly to stay in the black with lots of talented young players.

In the next twelve months it could go very wrong, very right, or anywhere in between. But whatever happens, we won't be one of the many, many FL clubs fighting for their very existence in the biggest footballing financial crisis since the collapse of ITV Digital.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If she didn't love the club she could have sold to anyone whilst the club was in the prem and make her family very rich.

You really do need to wake up my friend. Reason Smith has not sold has zilch to do with ...'making her family very rich' but everything to do with retaining control. It's surely obvious to even a blind man! Wanting to 'retain control of something' does not necessarily correlate with 'loving something'. Still - in Delia we trust eh???

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I thought there was nobody interested out there so how does that work that she could have sold to anyone ? Now please don't tell me that you have not said that numerous times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

You really do need to wake up my friend. Reason Smith has not sold has zilch to do with ...'making her family very rich' but everything to do with retaining control. It's surely obvious to even a blind man! Wanting to 'retain control of something' does not necessarily correlate with 'loving something'. Still - in Delia we trust eh???

It's obvious to me that Delia wants to retain control, for better or for worse. But surely it's obvious even to a blind man that she does love the club? Any time I hear her talk about NCFC, her love and passion for the club shines through. She believes she is doing the right thing for the club; whether she is or not, well that's obviously open for debate.

• Like 3

"A prophet is never accepted in his home land" someone said, apparently, and it might apply to SW. It is hard to follow a different path to most teams in the Prem and Chumpionship, but I still have faith and believe.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought there was nobody interested out there so how does that work that she could have sold to anyone ? Now please don't tell me that you have not said that numerous times.

You cant have it both ways. Either there is interest and she cares more about the club than having 10s of millions of pounds or there isnt interest and therefore the entire conversation is pointless?

It's not me that wants it both ways. I'm trying to entertain these ideas..

17 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

"A prophet is never accepted in his home land" someone said, apparently, and it might apply to SW. It is hard to follow a different path to most teams in the Prem and Chumpionship, but I still have faith and believe.

We'll miss Webber once he's gone. I absolutely love Farke, but our form since the restart means he's not bulletproof. I absolutely trust Webber to make the call on whether he's the right man to get us back up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Probably a little harsh expecting statements from our sporting director within a couple of hours of being relegated.

Quick enough to come out after promotion 

This is probably the most depressing thread on the pinkun for a long time.

Any goodwill Webber built up with the fans is long gone and so should he if he has an ounce of self respect. How anyone can can still listen to his nonsense after this season has got to take a good hard look at themselves 

let’s get a DOF in that really cares for the club

after 3, we want worthy back 🎤 we want worthy back 

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Quick enough to come out after promotion 

Who wouldn't be? It's easy to come out and celebrate after promotion and just wing it, spout some happy platitudes and all that. Webber will be seething, and he'll want to choose his words very carefully. He won't mince them when he does speak up, though, we know that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

This is probably the most depressing thread on the pinkun for a long time.

Any goodwill Webber built up with the fans is long gone and so should he if he has an ounce of self respect. How anyone can can still listen to his nonsense after this season has got to take a good hard look at themselves 

let’s get a DOF in that really cares for the club

after 3, we want worthy back 🎤 we want worthy back 

Great idea. We also need a manager who isn't scared to put a rocket up the players and get them fighting for their places. I recommend Peter Grant for this role.

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You cant have it both ways. Either there is interest and she cares more about the club than having 10s of millions of pounds or there isnt interest and therefore the entire conversation is pointless?

It's not me that wants it both ways. I'm trying to entertain these ideas..

I don’t think Til wants it both ways! His opinion has always been clear and concise.

You on the other hand have been exposed for making contradictory statements and clearly want it “both ways”????

I think it's a pivotal season for both Farke & SW. I'm pleased that we have " a couple of signings lined up" but if the plan is really being followed, this season we have to get it right, and be right in the mix to challenge. Else Delia's top 25 club is another ignorant wish.

The Board, SW & Farke have got to prove they're doing everything to secure that we're right up there and a strong challenger next season.

This season we may be finishing with "the same team" that stormed the championship last year, but they look bereft of ideas, passion, energy or a win mentality. My fear is it doesn't suddenly magically work just cuz we're in the Champs, and if we start badly, and the way we're playying is very realistic, it all could fall apart very quickly. I feel sorry for Farke. He hasn't been backed in trabsfers and the purse strings have been very firmly shut. Even Sheff U spent quite a few millions, and it;s shown how we have looked like boys against men.

Lets hope the squad is freshened up and the new blood gel and inject some passion, desire and quality as its much needed, and doesn't look likely to come from the current bunch of players 

9 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

I don’t think Til wants it both ways! His opinion has always been clear and concise.

You on the other hand have been exposed for making contradictory statements and clearly want it “both ways”????

How? What have I contradicted? I've literally tried to answer people who think differently to me, given them the benefit of doubt they might be right on an interest level and still pointed out where the argument falls flat.

Tils opinion is only clear and concise when we're doing badly. He didnt have much to say about Delia last season...

Both Webber and Farke have more than enough credit left in the bank to get the chance to go again next season. This season has been the toughest of learning curves, the recruitment clearly was a disaster and if we do manage to bounce straight back up, which is by no means a certainty, then next time things will have to be approached differently as clearly this hasn’t come close to working. A big season coming up for both of them career wise, if they get it wrong next season then both could easily go the way of Lambert 

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

I think this season has proven he is great at PR but the actual delivery expected from a Sporting Director is sorely lacking 

let’s hope Leeds take him off our hands when they go up

No thanks 

1 minute ago, ALAW said:

No thanks 

Leeds fan? We've already got a Blade on here winding everyone up, are you going to play nicely?

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Leeds fan? We've already got a Blade on here winding everyone up, are you going to play nicely?

Maybe you could ask him wolfie why the ' No thanks ' ?

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe you could ask him wolfie why the ' No thanks ' ?

I'm not your PA, you bloody do it. 😛

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ALAW said:

No thanks 

Webber is a Leeds fan. Ignoring the obvious failures of this season where everyone’s hands were tied with the transfer budget available, his time here has been an absolute success, as was his time at Huddersfield. So yes, hopefully your clubs owners will stay away from him! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

Do you really trust Webber in the transfer market again? 

His Transfer compared to McNally is poor

Until this season it's been much better. We sold Maddison early in the window in summer 2018, and got Buendia, Pukki and Leitner in before the end of June (with Krul and Rhodes following in July). For balance, we also signed the awful Ben Marshall, and Passlack on loan who never got a chance due to Aarons being so good.

Some of the players we signed in the first season took a while to get up to speed, but loads of them made a good contribution for very little money (Stiepi, Vrancic, Trybull, Zimbo, Onel, Hanley, Kenny). A few flops (Franke, Srbeny, Husband, Watkins), but we got up with the players Webber signed (only Klose and Tettey are still here from before Farke).

This year has been a disaster (apart from Byram, who is quality when fit), but it's one thing signing unknowns and getting them to perform in the Championship, but pretty much impossible to do the same thing in the Prem (as we've found out).

So in summary yes, I do trust Webber in the transfer market when we're shopping for Championship players. But obviously after this season, he will be judged on the success of the signings we make this summer.

28 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Of course, have browsed the site over the last few years, but wanted to acknowledge the thread about Jack Charlton.

• Like 1

Just now, ALAW said:

Of course, have browsed the site over the last few years, but wanted to acknowledge the thread about Jack Charlton.

Fair play to you, and very sad news about Jackie. What a guy.

I'll be interested to see how you get on in the Premier League (as long as you don't do the usual!). Love Bielsa as a coach, but I wonder if his principles might be so set in stone that he doesn't have the strength (or weakness) to adapt to the very different nature of the PL.

We have a pretty inexperienced manager, but he certainly found out the hard way what happens if you stick to the same template in the top flight.

1 minute ago, ALAW said:

While you’re here, what’s your thoughts on how you’ll fare next season? Many on here, myself included, under estimated the gulf in quality and believed we would comfortably manage a mid table finish. 

39 minutes ago, hogesar said:

How? What have I contradicted? I've literally tried to answer people who think differently to me, given them the benefit of doubt they might be right on an interest level and still pointed out where the argument falls flat.

Tils opinion is only clear and concise when we're doing badly. He didnt have much to say about Delia last season...

In your stand against those who feel the current owners can no longer take the club forward,  you have repeatedly reiterated that there are no billionaires lining up to buy the club and even asked those with differing opinions, to list potential buyers to substantiate your stance, er go your point is, nobody wants to buy the club!

Yet in this current exchange with Til, your retort to his point is that she could have sold the club at anytime for a healthy profit, which would imply you believe there are lots of potential buyers out there?

I don’t need to point out the contradiction in these two statements I’m sure!

Perhaps Til only posts when the club are doing badly but at least his opinion is consistent and doesn’t change to win an argument!

• Like 2