Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Stuart Webber where are you ?

Time for him to come out and tell the supporters how he is going to sort this mess. All the hard work from last season chucked away without a fight

5 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Time for him to come out and tell the supporters how he is going to sort this mess. All the hard work from last season chucked away without a fight

After a period of reflection, I would very much like to hear what he has to say. In the past he has been refreshingly honest, lets hope this continues

• Like 3

The coronavirus situation may also get an airing as part of any excuse.

But I predict something along the lines of we are ahead of where we wanted to be so this season was always going to be tough. We have the ingredients in place to bounce back blah, blah, blah...

Probably a little harsh expecting statements from our sporting director within a couple of hours of being relegated.

It'll come soon enough. It'll be blunt and to the point and he'll say something like 'we aren't going to apologise for doing things our way just because others wouldn't'

And I'm going to throw my cat amongst the pigeons on this angry thread by saying I still have faith.

• Like 3

I'd like to hear from Delia & MWJ in the face of lack of investment from a disastrous Premiership campaign.

I'd also like to hear from the players too. Before the covid break we had our best spell and had strung some good results. Since the break we've played mostly without passion or urgency, so what changed so dramatically for us. Players simply haven't stepped up since the break   

I am afraid you will have to wait a little longer because he is waiting on a call from Barcelona, perhaps somebody could tell him it will be a long time coming. 

• Haha 1

I'm not sure what else you are all expecting him to say. He was honest about our chances from the promotion party onwards, it's just that too many supporters got carried away with optimism and bravado. We were never good enough, even with a full squad, so the injuries and behind closed doors ending gave us no chance whatsoever.

I know you'll all tell me I'm wrong, but I detest the EPL and everything about it. I'm delighted that we're back in the Championship and I genuinely don't want to get promotion again unless we have the funding to compete, because it is completely pointless and soul-destroying. And if Delia doesn't want to sell, that means never. So be it, I'm not going to criticise her for wanting to ensure the continuance of the club she loves, even if it restricts our ambition.

The FA should let clubs like us sell our place if we win promotion to one of the billionaire owners who are so desperate to get there. We could probably have got £200m from Leeds last year and had another great season in the Championship....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

I am afraid you will have to wait a little longer because he is waiting on a call from Barcelona, perhaps somebody could tell him it will be a long time coming. 

Well he's got a relegation to add to a promotion to add to his CV. Copy book blotted. Has basically toed the line, he couldn't do anything else really, but our transfer strategy this season has been all over the place.

16 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I'm not sure what else you are all expecting him to say. He was honest about our chances from the promotion party onwards, it's just that too many supporters got carried away with optimism and bravado. We were never good enough, even with a full squad, so the injuries and behind closed doors ending gave us no chance whatsoever.

I know you'll all tell me I'm wrong, but I detest the EPL and everything about it. I'm delighted that we're back in the Championship and I genuinely don't want to get promotion again unless we have the funding to compete, because it is completely pointless and soul-destroying. And if Delia doesn't want to sell, that means never. So be it, I'm not going to criticise her for wanting to ensure the continuance of the club she loves, even if it restricts our ambition.

The FA should let clubs like us sell our place if we win promotion to one of the billionaire owners who are so desperate to get there. We could probably have got £200m from Leeds last year and had another great season in the Championship....

This should be Delia’s and MJW mission statement for for the club 🤣😂

What exactly are people expecting him to say?

He came out before the season started and said the position we were in, why we couldn't spend loads of money and that we had budgeted for 20th?

What I'd like is someone to come and explain why we were so bad at defending set pieces and what the plan is for not being the same next season.

Getting relegated isn't a problem for me as I took on board what was said, ok that may have been negative but it was honest, what's important for me now is how we bounce back and what that looks like.

2 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

After a period of reflection, I would very much like to hear what he has to say. In the past he has been refreshingly honest, lets hope this continues

Its quite easy to be honest  when blaming your predecessor.  The true test is to own up to your own failings 

• Like 2

I think this season has proven he is great at PR but the actual delivery expected from a Sporting Director is sorely lacking 

let’s hope Leeds take him off our hands when they go up

Buck stops with SW for me.

However he has built up enough points that I'll back him into next season.

For sure Farke as made mistakes but like SW he has built enough brownie points up for me to back him into next season.

Our major failing as been recruitment - Not just lack off but the recruitment we did was sensationally p*iss poor to the point all three players we brought in on loan lasted what, six months tops before they were whisked off to some other club.

Duda - well words fail me and I'm not going to allow Rupp to be made a scapegoat but hes way off Premier League class.

We look, to be in a good position to to complete for a position back in the Premier League but the Championship is a unpredictable rollercoaster.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barbe bleu said:

Its quite easy to be honest  when blaming your predecessor.  The true test is to own up to your own failings 

Along the lines of one of his previous statements will he admit to pi$$ing this season up the wall ? 😜

Are we all going to swallow the line that this was due solely to lack of money? Early in the season it was right to give latitude because of injuries, though why we had so many to key players needs scrutiny. However, we are where we are now whilst pretty much up to strength. We had limited resources yes, but what we had was spent in the wrong areas and on some poor choices and senior management has to account for that.

Historically, this club has been arrogant in the Premier League: the Norwich way: "we appoint unproven Premier League coaches, we buy players all the big guys have missed, we ignore the basic principles of setting up a strong team....and we will prove the others wrong."

It is not the fault of the coaches- good operators like Neill and Hughton. But when fortunes dive Premier League clubs take decisive action by appointing the right character at the top: look at the opposition today. Would Norwich have gone for Moyes? Not in the same league, Norwich? Who is leading it with any real senior expertise? What was the Moxey saga all about? 

If Webber and Farke fail, who will be making the next call? Probably them.

Just now, NCFCInnit said:

Are we all going to swallow the line that this was due solely to lack of money? Early in the season it was right to give latitude because of injuries, though why we had so many to key players needs scrutiny. However, we are where we are now whilst pretty much up to strength. We had limited resources yes, but what we had was spent in the wrong areas and on some poor choices and senior management has to account for that.

Historically, this club has been arrogant in the Premier League: the Norwich way: "we appoint unproven Premier League coaches, we buy players all the big guys have missed, we ignore the basic principles of setting up a strong team....and we will prove the others wrong."

It is not the fault of the coaches- good operators like Neill and Hughton. But when fortunes dive Premier League clubs take decisive action by appointing the right character at the top: look at the opposition today. Would Norwich have gone for Moyes? Not in the same league, Norwich? Who is leading it with any real senior expertise? What was the Moxey saga all about? 

If Webber and Farke fail, who will be making the next call? Probably them.

Interesting quote from Farke in the post match in which he states he could not spend as much as he wanted too..

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting quote from Farke in the post match in which he states he could not spend as much as he wanted too..

as "he" wanted to.  Does this give a clue as to who is in charge of transfers?

Whoever it is, did they choose the right players to spend what is still a significant amount of money on? 

I'm sure Webber will feature on plenty of podcasts and 5 live interviews as per usual. Places that won't ask him hard questions. 

He only wants to talk to the local press when things are going well or he wants to slag off the previous regime. 

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Probably a little harsh expecting statements from our sporting director within a couple of hours of being relegated.

Especially when he's hard at work trying to get better players through the door, and probably can't say much about them till the deals are done.

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

What happened to the £15 mill we were prepared to spend on a player last year?.....  

Bid was never that high, but we tried to spend it again in January 😉

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

That's a contradiction my friend! If she genuinely 'loved' the club she would not loiter around for decades as majority shareholder if she was 'restricting our ambition' surely?? NCFC is The Cooks train set and no-one is allowed anywhere near owning it unless she / her family can basically keep control. Ego trip I'm afraid. 

9 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

That's a contradiction my friend! If she genuinely 'loved' the club she would not loiter around for decades as majority shareholder if she was 'restricting our ambition' surely?? NCFC is The Cooks train set and no-one is allowed anywhere near owning it unless she / her family can basically keep control. Ego trip I'm afraid. 

The only contradiction is your post.

If she didn't love the club she could have sold to anyone whilst the club was in the prem and make her family very rich.

• Like 1

How many chairmen, directors, CEOs, sporting directors, managers, assistant manager, coaches, players, sponsors has she got through, not to mention loyal season ticket holders has she got through in the quest for...........?