Sign in to follow this  
Jerrykerry

To be fair to the players and Farke...

I guess most people would view your comment as tongue n cheek but it`s a fair point. We started the season with four centre halves which for most clubs would have been sufficient, injuries killed us early on together with a poor January window to follow. Farke is an honest bloke doing his best with what he has.

That’s absolutely true and our injury list can’t be discounted easily. Had we have been able to ride the wave of confidence from last season into this season, with a favourable injury list then who knows how it would have gone. I think what the current frustration is, is the absolute lack of anything remotely near what we know we are capable of doing since the return from lockdown. We’ve been nothing short of embarrassing since football returned, no fight, desire, determination and frankly have looked like a bang average championship team. 

Edited by JF

I think if anything needs to be scrutinised closer than anything it is probably the fitness department. I’d hope they’ll be carrying out internally a top to bottom analysis of what we’re doing and whether it’s working. 

Obviously there have been one or two freak injuries that nobody could legislate for as with Onel, Klose and Zimmermann early on, but we do seem to suffer an awful lot of training injuries and hamstring injuries and such like. I mean, we had a massive corona break and the within days leading up to the restart, the point you’d  hope everybody was fresh and ready to go, we lose Hanley, Zimmermann and Byram in a flash.

To add to that, in each of the past three seasons, without digging out the facts, it certainly seems that we always have to start the season with a raft of injuries which can really define your season.

16 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

It wasn't tongue in cheek. It's a simple fact. 

We never stood a chance. 

Absolutely. But all the people who hate Delia, Farke, Webber, the way we're trying to play football, simply ignore it.

What really gets me is the way ManC's defeat to us was put down to their missing ONE first choice CB. Perhaps the poor souls didn't have enough money to run to a decent back-up .....

And when we restarted we found we had lost Byram, Hanley and Zimmerman for the season. 

Nobody else has has that kind of bad luck. And if you think that and lack of a crowd didn’t play into the squad’s mental readiness for the final games then ..