Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Which Side Was Better, Lambert or Farke.

Farke’s is more skilful but Lamberts had more grit and self belief. In this division you can’t outskill the big boys...leaving us with nothing in the tank. Bullied off the ball week In and week out 

• Like 2

Farkes technically better, Lambert practically better and that's what counts at the end of the day.

Godfrey and Loose versus Grant Holt 🤣

Yep, agree with the above. Having no tough players has done for us. We had lots of characters in that team.

Lambert’s by a country mile. Exciting. Great players and spirit. Two promotions. Mid table in the premier league. Some awesome football, drama, moments... wow!

farke. Useless year one and three. Great for a few months.

Agreed. I can remember at the time comparing Lambert’s Norwich side to Swansea and saying Swansea might play the “nicer” football but we were every bit as entertaining if not more so. I’d say the same can be sad for Lambert vs Farke’s sides - Farke’s side played “nicer” football last season but Lambert’s side entertained more than this side has done in the prem, and most importantly Lambert’s side entertained whilst also staying up which the current side hasnt been close to doing. 

Lamberts team. Stats don’t lie and this is our worst top flight performance ever. Farkes team are technically superior but are so powder puff they couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag

Lambert - although he only got us to runners up whilst Farke got us the title in the Championship, he got us to 12th in his first season in the Premiership. If Lambert came back for Farke I don’t think he would do as good a job as he did last time though, as he seems to have failed at every club he’s been at ever since he moved to Villa - would probably turn out to be an equivalent of Mike Walker.

1 minute ago, JF said:

Lamberts team. Stats don’t lie and this is our worst top flight performance ever. Farkes team are technically superior but are so powder puff they couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag

I wonder if that Lambert team would beat our present Farke team? I reckon it would be a comfortable 2-0. And Holt one of the scorers big not both.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

I wonder if that Lambert team would beat our present Farke team? I reckon it would be a comfortable 2-0. And Holt one of the scorers big not both.

Himself and Morrison would both have been guaranteed to get on the score sheet from set pieces

Hughtons team of his 'first' season was even streets ahead of this one. Obviously more pragmatic than Lamberts last but defensively organized. Bassong and Turner were a solid partnership and wr even went 11 games unbeaten.

Unfortunataly, despite having £26m to spend , it went wrong for his second season and didnt get the defence/attack balace right

1 minute ago, JF said:

Himself and Morrison would both have been guaranteed to get on the score sheet from set pieces

Exactly. Morrison often could find a way to get his head on a corner. Grant could hold off or barge players away. Loved watching him over those halcyon years.

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hughtons team of his 'first' season was even streets ahead of this one. Obviously more pragmatic than Lamberts last but defensively organized. Bassong and Turner were a solid partnership and wr even went 11 games unbeaten.

Unfortunataly, despite having £26m to spend , it went wrong for his second season and didnt get the defence/attack balace right

I thought earlier whilst watching the highlights the club had posted on Twitter of our 3-1 victory over West Ham under Hughton.  You  know things are bad when you’re reminiscing about Chris Hughtons tenure! 

Lambert's was clearly better.

Had he stayed we could've become entrenched in the division with the right transfers to evolve that squad.

However, this is a very different context. We're fielding teenagers with immense potential and German 2nd tier punts who we didn't fancy to win promotion let alone the title last season. We've deliberately not spent any serious money on improving that squad so that we can invest in the roots and the be stronger in the long term. It's not really a fair comparison to make.

How can anybody state that Farke is technically better than Lambert was? 

How many times did Lambert turn a losing or drawing position into 3 points with inspirational substitutes? 

Edited by Sideshow Tim

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I think that's EXTREMELY generous on Hughton!

He rode on the coat tails of Lambert and made us poorer and poorer the longer that that legacy faded.

Our biggest error in recent history was replacing Lambert with Hughton ... in my humble opinion.

Lambert's all day long. It doesn't help Farke has largely a young side who are still finding their feet coupled with a bunch who are frankly quite useless. Lambert's were far more experienced, some who had played in League One and knew how to battle, unlike this lot.

It's a no contest really, I can not remember leaving the ground when Lambert was in charge thinking we didn't even try, unlike Farkes teams. Farke has had three years in charge and still the defence is not even up to National League standard.

Under Lambert I remember at Brighton 1-0 down, then 1-1 and Lambert takes off a defender and brings a forward or midfielder on and we went on to win. Lambert was not afraid to make changes and would make a substitution after 15 - 20 minutes if necessary.

No contest.

Some of this lot believed the hype too much whereas Lamberts lot just got on with it on the pitch, probably knowing that if they went down then there would be no big move to exotic clubs to fall back on.

Household names like Anthony Pilkington, Elliott Ward, David Fox and Grant Holt all had mentalities that make an absolute mockery of our current players.

Lambert had fight and character as did many of his players. Farke has no fight or aggression in him. And outside of Tettey and Krul, none of this squad has any character. This isn't just the worst Norwich team in prem history. It's the worst team in Prem history. To not pick up one point from a losing position is an utter, utter disgrace. And that statistic alone should see Farke given the boot.

Big Keith Scott.

Just now, Keith Scott said:

Lambert had fight and character as did many of his players. Farke has no fight or aggression in him. And outside of Tettey and Krul, none of this squad has any character. This isn't just the worst Norwich team in prem history. It's the worst team in Prem history. To not pick up one point from a losing position is an utter, utter disgrace. And that statistic alone should see Farke given the boot.

Big Keith Scott.

come on mate, Derbys 11 point lot were far worse!

3 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Big Keith Scott.

Now you’re just talking ****. Worst PL  Norwich team in history, the stats don’t lie so yes. Nowhere near the worst PL team in history. It was only a few weeks before lockdown that questions were being asked if we were the best bottom team ever in the PL. you’re an absolute **** house troll...

Edited by JF
  • Like 1