28 minutes ago, GallonOM said:

Use you're nut. Rumours are true about you Norfolk folk, a few chips short of a chip butty.

How many chips are there in a chip butty?

Do all chip butties contain the same number of chips?

If not, how many chips are we short by in each butty?

59 minutes ago, GallonOM said:

Just gonna leave these little snippets of comments on this very forum about the Mighty Blades. Enjoy the Champ 🙂

“to me they  look like a championship team playing in the prem”

“I think Sheff had no problem picking up points against frankly rubbish bottom half Champo teams but raising their level against prem teams every week will be too much.”

“if you look at the summer signings Sheffield does have the look of a club building for a play-off spot next season.”

“Sheff U are going to be hard to beat but are a pretty horrible side – over the top challenges all the time, not overly great to watch.  I’d much prefer our ‘style’ over theirs but good luck to them I suppose!”

“Still think Sheff U will struggle. This is as good as they can play I reckon & they struggled. They certainly wanted it more than CP but I feel their, er, robust style may cause them problems in the end.”

“Sheff Utd fans are completely delusional if they think their attacking play is as good as ours – there is no contest whatsoever! They’re pretty robust in defence, I’ll give them that, but that was a very poor Palace side so even that isn’t much of a compliment.

Both looked Championship to me. I’ve got no worries watching that, not exaggerating when I say that I think that’s quite possibly the worst game I’ve ever seen in the Premier League quality wise.”

“There is no Pukki, Buendia, Vrancic, Hernandez, Cantwell, Drmic etc at Sheff Utd as far as I can see, or am I missing something? Time will tell of course, but I’m confident that our focus on attack, and a quality one at that, rather than defence will prove to be more successful in our attempts to staying up this season – sure, we’ll take some beatings along the way, but I don’t think they have enough quality up top to surprise too many teams like we possibly can. “

Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down

45 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

How many chips are there in a chip butty?

Do all chip butties contain the same number of chips?

If not, how many chips are we short by in each butty?

Surely it depends on how big your butty is or whether the chips are proper chips from the chippy or skinny fries from the supermarket 🤷‍♂️

Interesting to see how SU do against Chelsea then tonight now we have had a visitor giving his opinion.

Of the two teams, how many of their new players have made a massive impact? Not many?

Are their players better than ours? You'd have to assume so.

Are they a better team? Yes, definitely

Is Wilder a better manager? Again, you have to say a definite yes.

Sean Bean....."True Blade".....Sean's got that tattooed on his arm.......Bit o' triv....just a bit o' triv if anyone actually gives a flying fluke......

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Interesting to see how SU do against Chelsea then tonight now we have had a visitor giving his opinion.

Of the two teams, how many of their new players have made a massive impact? Not many?

Have they had their first 11 fit for nearly all of the season, yes

Have they had long periods where they have only had 2 fit centre half, no

They have had a consistent team week in week out, how many times have we put out a settled side week after week?

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Have they had their first 11 fit for nearly all of the season, yes

Have they had long periods where they have only had 2 fit centre half, no

They have had a consistent team week in week out, how many times have we put out a settled side week after week?

Agree Rich T. Those are decent points in mitigation.

Yet, I still think the points for the prosecution outweigh the defence!

Problem with Sheffield United now is next season. Can they buy players better than what they have now. A lot of them have come from their travels through league 1 and championship. 

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Agree Rich T. Those are decent points in mitigation.

Yet, I still think the points for the prosecution outweigh the defence!

Definitely, I'm not defending the club or what they have done.

There have been some really simple basic errors in terms of teams picked, strategy and that has cost us a lot.

The frustrating thing is that before Coronavirus hit we were starting to find a bit of form, Spurs win in the cup, beating Leicester but the reality is that we had a fabulous chance to get out of trouble and failed to take it.

I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing how many and who goes and how we develop from this position.

What a strange post. The majority of Norwich fans have nothing but admiration for what Sheffield United have achieved this season. Seems rather strange to come on to another clubs forum and gloat about their relegation. 

10 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Definitely, I'm not defending the club or what they have done.

There have been some really simple basic errors in terms of teams picked, strategy and that has cost us a lot.

The frustrating thing is that before Coronavirus hit we were starting to find a bit of form, Spurs win in the cup, beating Leicester but the reality is that we had a fabulous chance to get out of trouble and failed to take it.

I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing how many and who goes and how we develop from this position.

Indeed. What a transformation there has been. The break did us no good at all. We WERE competitive, we beat Leicester and Spurs. How can a team go from that to what we have witnessed? I think your point gives me a little more reassurance though for the future as I'd forgotten that we have had some resilience in us.

These last 6 games tend to be what you remember (Daniel Kahneman's book "Thinking, fast and slow" explains the phenomena about what we remember is often associated with the last thing that happens and rarely explains or describes the whole picture).

Edited by sonyc

2 hours ago, GallonOM said:

Just gonna leave these little snippets of comments on this very forum about the Mighty Blades. Enjoy the Champ 🙂

“to me they  look like a championship team playing in the prem”

“I think Sheff had no problem picking up points against frankly rubbish bottom half Champo teams but raising their level against prem teams every week will be too much.”

“if you look at the summer signings Sheffield does have the look of a club building for a play-off spot next season.”

“Sheff U are going to be hard to beat but are a pretty horrible side – over the top challenges all the time, not overly great to watch.  I’d much prefer our ‘style’ over theirs but good luck to them I suppose!”

“Still think Sheff U will struggle. This is as good as they can play I reckon & they struggled. They certainly wanted it more than CP but I feel their, er, robust style may cause them problems in the end.”

“Sheff Utd fans are completely delusional if they think their attacking play is as good as ours – there is no contest whatsoever! They’re pretty robust in defence, I’ll give them that, but that was a very poor Palace side so even that isn’t much of a compliment.

Both looked Championship to me. I’ve got no worries watching that, not exaggerating when I say that I think that’s quite possibly the worst game I’ve ever seen in the Premier League quality wise.”

“There is no Pukki, Buendia, Vrancic, Hernandez, Cantwell, Drmic etc at Sheff Utd as far as I can see, or am I missing something? Time will tell of course, but I’m confident that our focus on attack, and a quality one at that, rather than defence will prove to be more successful in our attempts to staying up this season – sure, we’ll take some beatings along the way, but I don’t think they have enough quality up top to surprise too many teams like we possibly can. “

All credit to your club, you've been excellent. A real fairy tale of a season masterminded by a manager who deserves a lot of praise.

Perhaps try enjoying the moment rather than acting like a ****, though?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JF said:

What a strange post. The majority of Norwich fans have nothing but admiration for what Sheffield United have achieved this season. Seems rather strange to come on to another clubs forum and gloat about their relegation. 

Weird isn't it? After all SU took 4 points off is last year and likewise we've been second best this year. Perhaps the poster felt SU should have won the league last year and hasn't got over it? Or he is annoyed that some Norwich fans have negative views of another team (no sh1t....of course some will but who cares)? But it takes some kind of person to collect quotes like this fella has! An obsession I guess. I'm often pleased to see SU putting one over on the bigger clubs. They have a real spirit we haven't had. 

To say all this within an hour of relegation being confirmed is a kind of cruelty. But maybe he feels better and his stress has reduced. Long time to carry such stress!

I'd still like to know which posters on here spend time trawling through other teams forums.

And if they have a full quota of chips...

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Weird isn't it? After all SU took 4 points off is last year and likewise we've been second best this year. Perhaps the poster felt SU should have won the league last year and hasn't got over it? Or he is annoyed that some Norwich fans have negative views of another team (no sh1t....of course some will but who cares)? But it takes some kind of person to collect quotes like this fella has! An obsession I guess. I'm often pleased to see SU putting one over on the bigger clubs. They have a real spirit we haven't had. 

To say all this within an hour of relegation being confirmed is a kind of cruelty. But maybe he feels better and his stress has reduced. Long time to carry such stress!

It takes all sorts I guess but a lot of time has gone into their post and the two clubs/fan bases are not even rivals! 

39 minutes ago, Rolf Harris said:

Problem with Sheffield United now is next season. Can they buy players better than what they have now. A lot of them have come from their travels through league 1 and championship. 

I think that's a problem we'd be quite happy to have.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I'd still like to know which posters on here spend time trawling through other teams forums.

And if they have a full quota of chips...

Looking through this forum is enough for me! Too much time wasted actually. Blimey, the idea of looking at others too Nutty.

3-0 at home against Chelsea. Caps off a tremendous season for them 👏👏

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Think you've got your answer. Any Norwich fan (not you sonyc) who still believes Farke is a better manager than Wilder needs to take a look at the league table. It doesn't lie. 

3 hours ago, GallonOM said:

Banked for next year.

Congratulations on not just staying up but finishing really high in the table. You've had a great season and you've given us an objective. Enjoy your stay in the Premiership however long it may be. We'll be back.

Lockdown, Furlough, Yorkshire and 20 litres of diamond white must make a man feel very insecure, lonely and looking for attention. Maybe no male or female partner on the scene for a while I think.

18 minutes ago, treacletown07 said:

Lockdown, Furlough, Yorkshire and 20 litres of diamond white must make a man feel very insecure, lonely and looking for attention. Maybe no male or female partner on the scene for a while I think.

These little ditty attempts at insults are fantastic. It's like intelligent trolling, no swearing or calling people ****, just nice little mind**** attempts. 

And for the poster saying it'll be interesting to see our game tonight....how did you find it? 🤭😘😉

3 minutes ago, GallonOM said:

These little ditty attempts at insults are fantastic. It's like intelligent trolling, no swearing or calling people ****, just nice little mind**** attempts. 

And for the poster saying it'll be interesting to see our game tonight....how did you find it? 🤭😘😉

Why are you ignoring the posts from people praising your team and saying how well they've done? There have been loads of people replying with magnanimity, but you're just skipping over those. 

Well I love football....I watched our 'going through the motions match' then the Sheff U v Chelski game - and I'm now watching the Seagulls v Man City. I  thought the Blades played very well....and thoroughly deserved their 3 points.....

19 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Why are you ignoring the posts from people praising your team and saying how well they've done? There have been loads of people replying with magnanimity, but you're just skipping over those. 

Because, there was absolutely none of that at the beginning of the season. You gave it Billy biggun, turned out to be **** and now I'm giving it biggun back.

Just now, GallonOM said:

Because, there was absolutely none of that at the beginning of the season. You gave it Billy biggun, turned out to be **** and now I'm giving it biggun back.

There was plenty of it at the beginning of the season, you're just choosing to ignore it. Nobody predicted quite how well you'd do, but how many of your own fans really thought you'd have a crack at finishing in the top six?

But yeah, a lot of people said you'd die on your árse, and you didn't. But hey, you're not here for footy chat, you're just here on a wind-up, so go ahead and fill your boots.

18 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Well I love football....I watched our 'going through the motions match' then the Sheff U v Chelski game - and I'm now watching the Seagulls v Man City. I  thought the Blades played very well....and thoroughly deserved their 3 points.....

Oh, I also had the Watford v N'castle game (sound muted) playing on my phone whilst our game was on the tv.....