Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

“Farke has lost the players” - Robbie Earl

That’ was the view of Robbie Earl on NBC Sports at full time.

He said “The manager has lost the team, and hats a hard thing to say.”

I don’t know if it’s true, the players seem to be trying to play the Farke way. Either they’re not good enough to play it, or his way isn’t working.

Tettey after the game said it was defensive mistakes all season, but I guess that could either be aimed at the players, or the tactics.

Something has to change for next season that’s for sure!

Well, unless either the squad changes or the Manager changes, it’ll be more of the same next season.

• Thanks 1

Watch out now Jedi for the posts slagging off Robbie Earl as a useless pundit and a no mark footballer.

It’s hard to say anything otherwise, any manager will lose the dressing room, I’m sure the same is being said of Villa and Bournemouth now!

That is why the new players have been isolated away from this losing mentality! As I’ve said no doubt 30% of that team will not be here come the start of next season.

I do hope that’s not the case. He’s performed an absolute miracle last season giving us one of the most entertaining seasons in many years. To expect a repeat of that miracle at the top level with next to no backing with hindsight was never likely to happen. I’m concerned that the nature of the performances and the beatings now will have a detrimental effect on next season, some of these players will be too damaged from this experience to just go again but it remains to be seen if that is the case with Farke and Webber. Both of their careers are now very much hinging on us coming out all guns blazing next season 

• Like 1

I don’t see how any pundit can say that unless they have good close connections in the club - not something I’m particularly aware of with Robbie Earle.  Sounds nothing more than a sound byte to me but clearly manna from heaven for those that want to believe it.

• Like 1

Agreed, there is something that has gone on during lockdown. My guess is Farke has told the club he’s off and it has been filtered down to the players.

Not sure if he's lost the players only they will know that and no player will slag off a manager unless they've got a book out.

Post lockdown he's clearly lost the plot which is very worrying as I now have doubts over which version of Farke will (try to) take us forward.

It is obviously going to be all speculation at this stage, but I think it is fair enough to have at least suspicions that he's lost the dressing room after recent performances and team selections.

Edited by HertsCanary93

Think it is more farke is tired of the ones he has. Need fresh blood. Most are lightweight and have no desire. Hopefully a few are already sold.

The players are lightweight. Are unable to play his football. And clearly the footballing board like his brand. So to play it we need better footballers. 

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t see how any pundit can say that unless they have good close connections in the club - not something I’m particularly aware of with Robbie Earle.  Sounds nothing more than a sound byte to me but clearly manna from heaven for those that want to believe it.

Isn’t it a pundits job to say it how they see it? He’s saying it looks like the manager has lost the players and after such an(other) abject performance it’s hard to argue. He didn’t say it’s 100 percent irrefutable fact that every single player hates Farke.

I can’t comment on how he said it, only on how it’s been reported, ie as a ‘fact’, rather than ‘it looks like...’

Edited by Branston Pickle

25 minutes ago, Jonncfc said:

Well, unless either the squad changes or the Manager changes, it’ll be more of the same next season.

...any provision for the difference in quality we'll be facing?

Something has gone badly badly wrong , the new season isn’t a tinkering job it’s root and branch throughout the club 

the scouting was poor , the fitness team with the injuries was poor, the coaching was poor, in fact there is precious little we can say we got right this season

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Obviously not!

But sadly this criticism/comment can be also be levelled in reverse at those at NCFC who attempted to get by without any player investment on promotion.

We look a long way off a Championship winning team. 

It's not just the relegation though it was the pathetic limp wristed way we tried to avoid it. Reputations rightly in tatters at the moment and will need rebuilding quickly.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Something has gone badly badly wrong , the new season isn’t a tinkering job it’s root and branch throughout the club 

the scouting was poor , the fitness team with the injuries was poor, the coaching was poor, in fact there is precious little we can say we got right this season

Have to say I totally agree.

I don't know if Farke has lost the players but I think he’s definitely lost his way this season. The constant harping on about us being the underdogs and favourites to go down seems to have taken its toll on both Farke and the players.

I’d always hoped it was just press talk to lower expectations or take the pressure off of the players but we’ve been playing like a side that doesn't believe they can stay up for quite a while now.

13 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Even taking that into account, there’s no way in a month of Sundays that he can inject the necessary self-belief and confidence into this squad in the few weeks between now and the start of next season.

We look totally devoid of confidence. I don't think that the players have lost confidence in Farke, but they may have lost confidence in the system that we play, at this level. Teams have sussed us out, they are quicker, stronger and we don't have a plan b.

We got this season badly wrong but I personally have faith in Webber and Farke to turn it around next season. We'll need a good start though.

• Like 1

Big job required to turn this around for next season given the manner of our relegation and the short window. If we don’t start we’ll it could all spiral downwards fast, and that doesn’t lend itself to the “project” whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

We got this season badly wrong but I personally have faith in Webber and Farke to turn it around next season. We'll need a good start though.

Turgid football is season one, good football in season two, a complete disaster in season three with unwanted records littering our history but you have faith in both of them for season four. Whatever do you base that on ?

Disagree. Players obviously lacking in confidence seriously. 

How a pundit can call that from watching a match I have no idea. 

11 minutes ago, Jonncfc said:

Even taking that into account, there’s no way in a month of Sundays that he can inject the necessary self-belief and confidence into this squad in the few weeks between now and the start of next season.

Who knows?...get a couple of wins early on and momentum can quickly return.

Even last season when we won it, there were no signs of it coming until October

I don't think the football was much different between season one and two. We just scored some goals. Apart from that what was different?

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

Difference between season 1 and 2 was strikers that stretched the back lines of opponents and then snowballing confidence.

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Who knows?...get a couple of wins early on and momentum can quickly return.

Even last season when we won it, there were no signs of it coming until October

Actually, some of us saw the potential for what happened last season lot earlier - sometimes performances don’t get the results they deserve (eg WBA (h), Sheff U (a)), you need to see beyond the score line.

This season, though, has been pretty pants, particularly since the restart; vs better PL sides who have worked out our clear weaknesses.