Sign in to follow this  
hepphep

Who would you want to keep for next season?

This disaster season is nearing to end and it has really underlined some of the weaknesses we already had in championship. While watching the last few minutes of the match, I started to think of who you'd still like to see in team next season?

My list is following.

Krul - good championship level. Decent in Prem

Aarons - prem level. Our best defender this season and improved during it.

Byram - very solid defensively. Good in champs. Decent in Prem

Tettey - Trustworthy and solid performer, always doing his duty

Buendia - tons of skill even though has some off days. Has passion. Mid-table premier quality

Cantwell - getting better all the time. Works hard. Decent in Premier

Pukki - has been carrying team for two seasons with his goals. Will get more chances in champs. Mid-table premier quality

Idah - on verge of breakthru. Exciting talent who can step up next season

McLean - hard working box to box midfielder covering large range, there is always need for such. Will be good for champs

Vrancic - out of his league in premier, but will have more time in champs to use his creativity

Krul and maybe Idah, really not arsed about any of the rest as they clearly don't give a flying ****. Either not good enough for us or they don't really want to be here.

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

Krul and maybe Idah, really not arsed about any of the rest as they clearly don't give a flying ****. Either not good enough for us or they don't really want to be here.

Writing been on the wall for so long they're playing like they had admitted defeat. At least they give us the whole season and didn't jump ship in Jan. Hernandez has been giving it his all, and emi in bits and pieces. Godfrey will go, aarons will go, think lewis will stay 

All the players have proven themselves capable in the Champs, so each one could be kept, but you’d have to expect a couple of leavers and a degree of an overhaul.

It is odd how three of our apparently most valuable players are defenders, in a side that has huge problems defending.  It’s an area which needs a fair bit of looking at throughout the side.

Yeah, I'll let Onel off as well and maybe Zimmermann. As much as I love Tettey, he needed replacing 2 years ago and its testament to him that he has kept going so long really. He isn't the answer though.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

All the players have proven themselves capable in the Champs, so each one could be kept, but you’d have to expect a couple of leavers and a degree of an overhaul.

It is odd how three of our apparently most valuable players are defenders, in a side that has huge problems defending.  It’s an area which needs a fair bit of looking at throughout the side.

problem with that is that there are so many cases like Huddersfield where you could say that and now look at them... We need a complete refresh, we were far too complacent this season and it bit us hard in the ****!

Lewis, Aaron’s and Cantwell can be the high profile sales. Mclean can go too. Leitner will be gone aswell. Wouldn’t be sad if Klose left. Would be elated to keep Buendia, but he is too good for us and the way we play.

Cantwell will be sold. As will the full backs. Of the rest I'd keep Krul, though that may be tough, Buendia, Onel, and Tettey. Idah obviously. Mc Lean probably ok for the Champs. I'd put Godfrey as CDM if not sold. New defence required. The rest can move on.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Zimbo?

I think if he'd stayed fit Klose would not have been rushed back before he was fully fit.

yeah totally, thats why I am not particularly angry at Klose, in normal circumstances he would be nowhere near the first team and would be getting up to speed for next season. He has looked miles off the pace since his return.

You just know that the likes of Emi, Godfrey, Aarons and co will get their moves back to the big time, probably for less money than we want and they will then pull their fingers out. A bit like Hazard did at Chelsea. Football is a harsh game.

The ones that want to be here and are up for the challenge.

On present performances that list is relatively short IMO.

Happy to lose McLean,Klose and probably Tettey although he has arguably been one of our better players.

Looks like we’ll lose, Pukki, Buendia, Cantwell, Aaron’s, Godfrey and possibly Lewis. I would like to lose Rupp, Klose, Drmic.

Massive turn around in a very short space of time, I don’t think Farke is the man to do it, he needs to be sacked now and move quickly on a replacement, so we create some momentum

Tettey is one of the best players we have. He isn't an enforcer like we need to protect the back 4 and to distribute the ball. Tettey is a player who breaks up play and does those needed fouls. We need two dms playing when we push up the full backs 

To be honest I think I’d like to see all the squad stay. Here’s a few names that I might not mind going:

McGovern - 35, contract expires next summer, wouldn’t mind us selling him go so we could get some money for him as he’s 2nd choice and I don’t think he’ll be offered a new contract. Would need to find a replacement though

Tettey - 34, again contract expires next summer, wouldn’t mind us selling him for some money as although I think he’s a decent player, I reckon he’s on quite high wages. Probably won’t get offered a new contract, although we might give him one more year

Klose - in his early 30s. Although I think he’s a decent player, he’s rather injury prone, and probably on quite high wages. Wouldn’t mind seeing him go for some money as I believe he cost us quite a bit. Happy for him to stay though 

Leitner - seems to have completely fallen out of favour under Farke. Might need him for next season if we sell some of our first choice players though

Drmic - thought he was a good signing when he first arrived. Was clearly wrong though as he’s very injury prone and can’t seem to cut it in the PL. Might be ok in the championship next season though but probably on rather high wages - think he might possibly be another Naismith

I think Cantwell is the perfect example of why the squad needs to change

light weight, ineffective, worried more about his hair than winning a game

he would be first out the door for me followed by all the Germans apart from Zimmerman 

All depends who has the stomach and the heart to want to slog through another 46 games in the Championship. If they don't , and there's a decent offer on the table, I'd expect the club to take it.

From our current squad not including new signings or the younger guys.

Krul, Byram, Hanley, Zimmermann, Mclean, Hernandez, Idah.

I really wouldnt be too disappointed see the others move on.

Def keep Krul.

In defence I'd keep Zim, but for all our talent, we leaked goals for fun last season, we did so this season, we'd do so again keeping them. Always looked more solid when Byram played and high hopes for McCullam but we need a a complete overhaul and the sales of the high profile players (Godfrey, Aaron & Lewis) will help get replacements and help the club financially. Sorry but Godfrey has cost us so many goals in 2 seasons, and a wasted opportunity not to be developed in his more natural CDM/box to box role

Tettey for his experience but desperately needs replacing. If we can keep Cantwell, Buendia & Hernandez we'd be in a great shape. Won't count the youngsters/newbies (e..g Martin, Sitti etc) as we're expecting them to play a part

Keep Pukki & Idah and get rid of the rest.  

Think they are keen for Lewis and Buendia to go. Aarons to stay as we don't have another RB. Think it is too much of a risk to rely on Bryam. 

Lewis, athletic but not physical enough nor can cross.

Buendia, think we can afford to lose. Great player but the money coming in may be too good to turn down. 

3 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

To be honest I think I’d like to see all the squad stay. Here’s a few names that I might not mind going:

McGovern - 35, contract expires next summer, wouldn’t mind us selling him go so we could get some money for him as he’s 2nd choice and I don’t think he’ll be offered a new contract. Would need to find a replacement though

Tettey - 34, again contract expires next summer, wouldn’t mind us selling him for some money as although I think he’s a decent player, I reckon he’s on quite high wages. Probably won’t get offered a new contract, although we might give him one more year

Klose - in his early 30s. Although I think he’s a decent player, he’s rather injury prone, and probably on quite high wages. Wouldn’t mind seeing him go for some money as I believe he cost us quite a bit. Happy for him to stay though 

Leitner - seems to have completely fallen out of favour under Farke. Might need him for next season if we sell some of our first choice players though

Drmic - thought he was a good signing when he first arrived. Was clearly wrong though as he’s very injury prone and can’t seem to cut it in the PL. Might be ok in the championship next season though but probably on rather high wages - think he might possibly be another Naismith

Drmic better be on for a massive cut with Webber in charge of negotiating... Even then he'd be on too much. I'd take bloody Elmander over him and that's saying something.