cambridgeshire canary

So, today is relegation day..

Or at least it will be should we lose, becoming the most relegated team in Premier Leauge history.

What will you do to 'celebrate' our historic achievement should it come? How many pints deep will you be by 2PM?

I've got a round of footgolf at 11.10 so will probably miss much of first half, and then having mates over for a bbq so the game will be on in the background but largely secondary. Probably be a few beers in by 2, but I'm not upset at going down so won't really bother me - can't wait for next season.

Edited by kick it off

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

I'm a balls rather than pints deep man myself

How many people are you planning on being balls-deep in by 2PM? Do you know these people or are they just random punters? Do they form an orderly queue (socially distanced of course) or is it a bit of a free for all?

Please ensure you have plenty of hand sanitiser for all concerned.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

...also, football has been around a lot longer than the Premier League.

I want us to show a bit of fight but happy for us to lose today. I live in a VERY Villa area and it will please me to see them come down with us.

• Like 1

What a strange post by for a Norwich City fan to make, today is just the mathematical confirmation of relegation should we lose (I personally think we will lose 2-0), but most of the people I sat with at Carrow Rd had accepted relegation just after Christmas so no great surprise really. Will watch the game, will not be celebrating  and looking forward to next season, but more importantly I am looking forward to the R rate being 0.1 and/or an effective vaccine for coronavirus so that I can watch football from the comfort of my shiny new, plastic seat at Carrow Road, OTBC and balls to the doomsters...............

We owe West Ham one. The defeat earlier in the season started our real downturn - just four games into the season we were in the game, competing well, holding our own and bang, down goes the best defender under a late and heavy challenge that goes unpunished either with a free kick or a yellow card which it deserved, followed by a goal while he was trying to recover - and scored by the same player who did for him.  That we have been without the inspiration that is Christophe Zimmermann ever since has been part of our problem ever since.

2-0 to Norwich. We deserve it.  

24 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We owe West Ham one. The defeat earlier in the season started our real downturn - just four games into the season we were in the game, competing well, holding our own and bang, down goes the best defender under a late and heavy challenge that goes unpunished either with a free kick or a yellow card which it deserved, followed by a goal while he was trying to recover - and scored by the same player who did for him.  That we have been without the inspiration that is Christophe Zimmermann ever since has been part of our problem ever since.

2-0 to Norwich. We deserve it.  

Still had loads of time to get over that Lakey if we were good enough. I’d argue the Pukki disallowed goal much later against Tottenham hurt far more. 

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

but most of the people I sat with at Carrow Rd had accepted relegation just after Christmas so no great surprise really.

Obvious to all at that stage.

Barring a miracle, which of course didn't happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Obvious to all at that stage.

Barring a miracle, which of course didn't happen.

Actually not quite all Ricardo, I’d guess around 30% on here thought we’d still stay up. 

I've said before it was December that killed us. Zimmermann came back in for a bit and we turned in some really competitive performances. Combination of VAR, bad luck and 10-minute concentration lapses meant we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory more often than not and by the time January rolled around our mindset was shot.

Most binner seems to actually want a City winin order to increase the prospects of a of West Ham relegation.

For some reason they view Wet Spam as alternative rivals (wishful thinking?)

Is it because the Hammers attract a lot of their own fringe supporters or because they see themselves as a bit of a London overspill area in the first place? 

All quite strange really. I thought most of the traditional East End support moved out to places like Basildon.

2 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

If we’re the most relegated, are we not also the most promoted 🤔

Joint most promoted along with five others. As we were in the first season of the prem, we have had four promotions and this will be our fifth relegation.

West Brom and Sunderland weren’t in the first prem season so have been promoted four times and relegated four times. Leicester have had four promotions,  weren’t in the prem’s first season and are still in the Prem so currently only have three relegations. 

Boro were in the first prem season,  but were promoted that season - so they had one promotion to the prem before the prem had even kicked off! Therefore same number of promotions as us, but one less relegation.

Palace were in the prem in the  first season and have been promoted four times, so have had four relegations. If they were going down this season as well, they would match our record.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

What a strange post by for a Norwich City fan to make, today is just the mathematical confirmation of relegation should we lose (I personally think we will lose 2-0), but most of the people I sat with at Carrow Rd had accepted relegation just after Christmas so no great surprise really. Will watch the game, will not be celebrating  and looking forward to next season, but more importantly I am looking forward to the R rate being 0.1 and/or an effective vaccine for coronavirus so that I can watch football from the comfort of my shiny new, plastic seat at Carrow Road, OTBC and balls to the doomsters...............

Reeks of Bin tbh ......or at least the phraseology does and it could have been just as easily lifted straight off TW*TTED🙄

Depressing that the so called "expert" pundits were actually right at the start of the season when they wrote us off. Bounce back next season hopefully (whenever that is).

24 minutes ago, Derry Quay said:

Depressing that the so called "expert" pundits were actually right at the start of the season when they wrote us off. Bounce back next season hopefully (whenever that is).

But of course they were right!

We spent 750K in the summer window and blew a few million on loan fees for players we didn't even play in the team!

What, in all honesty, did we expect?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Derry Quay said:

Have a feeling we play like we our now it's back to a 15th place finish in the 2nd tier.

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

But of course they were right!

We spent 750K in the summer window and blew a few million on loan fees for players we didn't even play in the team!

What, in all honesty, did we expect?

I agree, just depressing all the same to see them proved right about us, especially when they got it so wrong about Sheffield United (who did admittedly spend a bit in the summer, but still have a squad that's cost peanuts in PL terms).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derry Quay said:

Bounce back and then repeat the same mistakes every time. 

The manner of this relegation hurts more than anything. Players and managers come and go but it's the supporters who live with it. 

So much lack of fight since the restart. Big changes are needed.

Commiserations. Not going to gloat as i'm not like that.

The only thing i will say and i've mentioned this before on here, your relegation was confirmed last August with a horrific transfer market.. 

Good luck next season and don't forget to keep an eye out for us. 

Edited by peter72

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The manner of this relegation hurts more than anything. Players and managers come and go but it's the supporters who live with it. 

So much lack of fight since the restart. Big changes are needed.

I used to think no relegation would hurt as much as Fulham.

But at least then we had hope we could survive.. I had zero hope of that today even before the match started

Where’s the brave towering centre half that wins every ball in the box - a Malki,Flem,Dunc? We are totally unable to defend corners.

1 minute ago, Felixfan said:

Where’s the brave towering centre half that wins every ball in the box - a Malki,Flem,Dunc? We are totally unable to defend corners.

Just corners ?