Bill

Official West Ham thread

Kind of disappointed Idah hasn't started, as I think he'll be an important player for us next season. 

However, Watford was our best performance since lockdown (not saying much) - so an unchanged team makes sense. 

Would love to drag West Ham back into the mixer today 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That didn't help obviously but mainly it was the way she breathed 

Not sure if your sopposed to boil tbe chestnuts Baddoggo, roast or panfry in tiny bit butter would be the way I tackle them, then add to nearly cooked drained sprouts, give a stir to mix well , then  bung in oven for final couple mins . Mine turned out lovely with  crisp streaky bacon crumb sprinkled on at serving. Mind you, I like sprouts. And  chestnuts. And Bacon.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Well i wonder at who's door we can lay that then ?

maybe the same ones who appointed Farke/Webber

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Thus from Farke should be read, and the reality of it grasped by every supporter before today's game - as so many seem to forget how things looked after the 1-1 draw at poorman road, or our financial position before that summer

"When myself and Stuart (Webber) started here we had to sell our best players just to keep the club running. Without selling James Maddison to Leicester it is doubtful whether this club even had a future.

“Let’s be honest, we have more or less the same group who got us promoted.

“But now the club is financially solid, able to invest in the infrastructure and the stadium and to invest in our players and extend contracts. The experience we all have as a club at this level should help when we come back; sooner rather than later.

“For the mid - to long-term this season is a success."

It will take some spin to persuade us that this season has has been any type of success, that sentence is nonsense

22 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I do the opposite, eat the sprouts and throw the chestnuts away (from M & S Foodstore.)

I like my Christmas's alone though.

Bah! Humbug!

Or bah! Hamburg!

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

maybe the same ones who appointed Farke/Webber

Quite obviously the club was on it's knees if the quote from Farke is to be believed which begs the question who let it decline leading up to when Farke and Webber came on board. Everybody gets a free pass on blame except for Moxey who was hardly here long enough to pull up his chair at his desk let alone do any damage.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well i wonder at who's door we can lay that that?

Naismith....and whoever negotiated his contract from our end. 8million plus  however much we paid him in wages, would almost shallow the fee we got for Madders. If I remember correctly there were a few without relegation clauses too.... that would drain us. 

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Naismith....and whoever negotiated his contract from our end. 8million plus  however much we paid him in wages, would almost shallow the fee we got for Madders. If I remember correctly there were a few without relegation clauses too.... that would drain us. 

if you think Niasmith was the sole reason this club may have gone belly up that is a bit of a stretch.

Edited by TIL 1010

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Quite obviously the club was on it's knees if the quote from Farke is to be believed which begs the question who let it decline leading up to when Farke and Webber came on board. Everybody gets a free pass on blame except for Moxey who was hardly here long enough to pull up his chair at his desk let alone do any damage.

The responsibility falls accordingly - as should be obvious

However the comment from Farke was not addressing that, but one of pointing out how far the club has come since then - but as ever your fixation is upon wallowing in your continual self-righteous grievance

No whining on your part will change the past - but action on Farke/Webbers part can change our future

and I know which one of those interests me

can you guess ?

13 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

It will take some spin to persuade us that this season has has been any type of success, that sentence is nonsense

that's because you have chosen not to read it in the context in is put

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

if you think Niasmith was the sole reason this club may have gone belly up that is a bit of a stretch.

Other transfer fees or some greedy hands in the till? Didn’t Moxey cost the club around £700,000 for his sterling at the club? 

I just don’t get it! I’m sort of wondering about Farke! Twice now Idah has come on and shown to have energy and improve our team, why not start him instead of Steipermann! 

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not what I said at all Tillo, Naismith and others who were overpaid after relegation is what really put a hole in us.  We only had to be shelling out a few grand here a few there on players without relegation clauses ....every week!! Soon adds up big time. But I doubt youll actually read what I have written. Just edit it to suit yourself. Im off to watch the match.

Edited by wcorkcanary

Just now, Indy said:

I just don’t get it! I’m sort of wondering about Farke! Twice now Idah has come on and shown to have energy and improve our team, why not start him instead of Steipermann! 

Play Idah in midfield?

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Play Idah in midfield?

No play Idah just off Pukki as they both drop deep! Steipermann doesn’t play midfield, the Steipermann of this season just doesn’t play, but jog round the field!

Edited by Indy

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Why does there have to be "blame"?  Why can't it just be circumstances?  If you have to blame someone, what about McNally, who insisted all money be spent on players at the expensive of eveything else in the club?  No holds barred - every penny on the team in transfers and wages. THAT is where the cause of our financial problems lies.....and that is after he was seen as our saviour in getting Lambert in. Moxey gets it too, for not having the ability or know how on how to be the kind of chief exec that was expected of him.  

Even before Webber and Farke arrived we managed to attract Maddison, showing what a good club we are seen as for up and coming players, so that was an indication that not everything was bad at the club. 

But of course the club has been totally tranformed since then - and totally for the better.

Just now, Indy said:

No play Idah just off Pukki as they both drop deep! Steipermann doesn’t play midfield, the Steipermann of this season just doesn’t play, but jog round the field!

No I get you, nothing to lose now and I’m sure getting his first goal in a league match this season will help him  so much in the Championship. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill said:

The responsibility falls accordingly - as should be obvious

However the comment from Farke was not addressing that, but one of pointing out how far the club has come since then - but as ever your fixation is upon wallowing in your continual self-righteous grievance

No whining on your part will change the past - but action on Farke/Webbers part can change our future

and I know which one of those interests me

can you guess ?

You post a quote from Farke and a post responds that does not fit your narrative. What exactly is a self righteous grievance as well ?

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Other transfer fees or some greedy hands in the till? Didn’t Moxey cost the club around £700,000 for his sterling at the club? 

Indeed he did but where does that fault lay as anybody in the boardroom looks blameless to me ?

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Why does there have to be "blame"?  Why can't it just be circumstances?  If you have to blame someone, what about McNally, who insisted all money be spent on players at the expensive of eveything else in the club?  No holds barred - every penny on the team in transfers and wages. THAT is where the cause of our financial problems lies.....and that is after he was seen as our saviour in getting Lambert in. Moxey gets it too, for not having the ability or know how on how to be the kind of chief exec that was expected of him.  

Even before Webber and Farke arrived we managed to attract Maddison, showing what a good club we are seen as for up and coming players, so that was an indication that not everything was bad at the club. 

But of course the club has been totally tranformed since then - and totally for the better.

As long as some are not focussed on the positives, recognise that we have pulled ourselves out of a situation that so many others ended up in then you will be wasting your time talking about where we are now.

Til seems to have a great dislike of Delia if not the club..... so save your breath

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yep and i bet you were saying the same thing after the appointment of McNally.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Indeed he did but where does that fault lay as anybody in the boardroom looks blameless to me ?

It’s all history now and nobody knows everything but some do get a very cosy ride. Here’s to a better recruitment drive and adding some real quality after a few or more gems are sold. 

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Yep and i bet you were saying the same thing after the appointment of McNally.

Initially yes, so would i, it was looking good...on the surface. Much prefer  current set up though, looks far more solid long term. Would hate to see the Club in such financial trouble that we became the prey.