Bill

Official West Ham thread

I'm pretty sure if you replaced us with any top half Championship team since the restart for our fixtures they would have got a point or at least performed better than us. This has nothing to do with our spend or physical shortcomings. Something feels wrong to me, I'm just speculating here but I reckon Farke is leaving and has told the players behind closed doors. i can't explain these pathetic performances any other way realistically. Either that or half the squad know they're off. Something is definitely wrong though

Just now, City 101 said:

How do we avoid taking the Binners 9-0 record against Man City , on these performances you could see 11 or 12 going in 

We'll probably win that one 

Well that’s that. Pre lockdown was bad but it had flashes of quality. Post lockdown has been nothing short of embarrassing and makes me question where this will head into next season. I think far to much damage has been done this season to just be able to go again 

Edited by JF

Just now, JF said:

Well that’s that. Pre lockdown was bad but it had flashes of quality. Post lockdown had been nothing short of embarrassing and makes me question where this will head into next season. I think far to much damage has been done this season to just be able to go again 

Confidence is clearly gone.

Only one goal in what, 5 now? 6?

I honestly worry we will lose every one of our last matches and not score again until next season, and that really will mess with the players heads.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm pretty sure if you replaced us with any top half Championship team since the restart for our fixtures they would have got a point or at least performed better than us. This has nothing to do with our spend or physical shortcomings. Something feels wrong to me, I'm just speculating here but I reckon Farke is leaving and has told the players behind closed doors. i can't explain these pathetic performances any other way realistically. Either that or half the squad know they're off. Something is definitely wrong though

The little he’s interacting with players is interesting, regardless of what it actually means.

1st water break he didn’t leave his seat and had no interaction with them, I find it bizarre.

Just now, Monty13 said:

The little he’s interacting with players is interesting, regardless of what it actually means.

1st water break he didn’t leave his seat and had no interaction with them, I find it bizarre.

That was vey, very strange. Can't help but wonder if goings on behind the scenes

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Confidence is clearly gone.

Only one goal in what, 5 now? 6?

I honestly worry we will lose every one of our last matches and not score again until next season, and that really will mess with the players heads.

Yea I’m more worried about the hangover we are going to take into next season, especially without a proper break. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sounds like booing. Someone with humour in the media department.

Yes I noticed that and thoroughly deserved.

Sad to see Max in tears at the end.

The club needs to take a long hard look itself as this season had been unacceptable in every respect.

Worst ever top flight Norwich side.

• Like 1

Pretty disgusting really. At this moment in time I don't care if the lot of them get driven as far away from Norwich as possible.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Yes I noticed that and thoroughly deserved.

Sad to see Max in tears at the end.

The club needs to take a long hard look itself as this season had been unacceptable in every respect.

Worst ever top flight Norwich side.

On the plus side at least we didnt spend like Villa or Fulham...

And that's the sad part, that being the only positive from this season, that we didnt spend money

Well done Alex Tettey for an excellent post match interview. Can't have been easy to do, but he handled it well. Norwich legend imo. 

• Like 1

Farke doesn't seem to have been his usual self since the restart. I would not be surprised if an announcement is announced.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Pretty disgusting really. At this moment in time I don't care if the lot of them get driven as far away from Norwich as possible.

Huge window for Webber to put things right, could make or break his future career given how high his future aspirations are.

When myself and Stuart (Webber) started here we had to sell our best players just to keep the club running. Without selling James Maddison to Leicester it is doubtful whether this club even had a future.

“Let’s be honest, we have more or less the same group who got us promoted.

you mean Delia would have had to sell up or put money in to keep us a float 

28 minutes ago, JF said:

Really? You don’t think spending a record low amount on new players and even the ones that did come in were an absolute failure has contributed then...

Of course, but not be able to organise a defence and make meaningful substitutions are surely his responsibility

32 minutes ago, Beetley Yellow said:

Jeez, so much ‘bigging up’ of Antonio on BY, we gifted him 3 of the 4 for crying out loud.

We’ve been gifting forwards all season, but none have scored 4! I thought he was excellent

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Relegated being the only team in all of Europe to not draw or win a single match after going behind.

Can we at least agree that's pathetic?

I'm not going to pile on Daniel here in terms of his job security, I want him to stay - but I feel this is on him.

His continual "we are favourites for position 20" schtick, and talking about "we cannot bring players with enormous quality so we must work with what we have", etc.  Translated, to the squad this says "you're all sh1t".

At the very least from a psychological perspective it seems like a bad idea.  I suppose the argument could be made that he was taking the pressure off them, but it very evidently didn't work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anyone have a clip of Aarons crying at the whistle?

He was very upset.

Farke's sun tan deserted him but still mustered a few smiles for the West Ham lads.

18 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sounds like booing. Someone with humour in the media department.

Bl00dy Connor again I bet trying to get to Daniel. 

Watched on NBC and they were very scathing at the end. Robbie Earle called it embarassing and said Farke should be held responsible. Made the point that the club and manager have been happy to accept relegation from the outset so what motivation or accountability is there for the players. Also thought it extremely unlikely we could bounce back with this attitude.

31 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I've always thought we could have benefitted from an animal in centre mid. Not necessarily the best footballer, but someome with some physical presence, high work rate and a bit of aggression.

There is no real aggression in this team, they're all too nice and too lightweight. Buendia and Cantwell have their tempestuous moments, but its not the same. 

Hernandez and Krul (Zimmermann) are the closest we have to that.

We need a Roy Keane, Vinny Jones, Gennaro Gatusso type in central mid to address our soft under-belly. Surely such players can be found in the lower leagues?

How about Ben Godfrey?

2 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Farke is going. 

Nothing else can explain this situation. 

Hope you’re right. Announce it now and start preparing for next season