Bill

Official West Ham thread

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Get a mini-bus (or the usual executive jet) and take Webber and the Board with him......

👍

1 minute ago, Alfie54 said:

I think it is!

Really? You don’t think spending a record low amount on new players and even the ones that did come in were an absolute failure has contributed then...

1 minute ago, Beetley Yellow said:

Jeez, so much ‘bigging up’ of Antonio on BY, we gifted him 3 of the 4 for crying out loud.

Hasn’t scored 2 in a game since 2016, never scored a hat trick. Fairly safe to say four against us says more about us than it does him!

I make it 9 weeks today until the proposed start of the new football season of Sept 12th.

People saying it'll be a short turnaround between seasons...but for me our pre season starts tomorrow.

Nobody should be playing in the last 3 games who won't be here next season...and that includes those who may be sold.

It'll be interesting to see how many weeks these players get 'off' after the Man City game....

The caption says

Norwich will be relegated if results hold

Four nil down and we haven't scored at home in the league since the restart.

Today the day that Villa and Bournemouth join us in the championship!

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

They had OTBC ringing round at 0-3.

You need a sense of humour

I've got one thanks!

I was commenting on the fact that even the noise button-bashers were acknowledging our woes.

OTBC

4 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

The problem isn’t Farke

He’s been unable to motivate a team that still had a chance of surviving after restart-he has failed totally in the last 6 games-he is part of the problem.

I've always thought we could have benefitted from an animal in centre mid. Not necessarily the best footballer, but someome with some physical presence, high work rate and a bit of aggression.

There is no real aggression in this team, they're all too nice and too lightweight. Buendia and Cantwell have their tempestuous moments, but its not the same. 

Hernandez and Krul (Zimmermann) are the closest we have to that.

We need a Roy Keane, Vinny Jones, Gennaro Gatusso type in central mid to address our soft under-belly. Surely such players can be found in the lower leagues?

I'm a glass half full man, one of life's optimists, but I can't watch this, pants beyond words. But TV banter? Dear old Glenn says the planning starts now for next season - bit late with that thought, running football clubs has changed a bit  since his day! Oh well, champions next season …. as I said, glass half full🤩

We had a side that won the Championship, on a high, scoring for fun with a swagger. We deserved to be and were a PL quality team. Its not just lack of spending. This is shockingly poor and suggests something way more deep rooted.

Just now, Tumbleweed said:

We had a side that won the Championship, on a high, scoring for fun with a swagger. We deserved to be and were a PL quality team. Its not just lack of spending. This is shockingly poor and suggests something way more deep rooted.

We need new defensive coaches that's for sure

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I've always thought we could have benefitted from an animal in centre mid.

Or an elephant in the net? Yeah we’ll give you fifty chances a game, but try squeezing it past that...

How do we avoid taking the Binners 9-0 record against Man City , on these performances you could see 11 or 12 going in 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Who keeps revving up a chainsaw in the stadium? Own up come on

I think it's Webber warming it up before he takes it into the dressing room after the game. 

3 minutes ago, Tumbleweed said:

There’s a huge difference in quality of attacks in the PL - we kept faith, almost to a man, with the side that let in 58 goals whilst getting promoted: that we have conceded more this season can’t be a surprise, it certainly isn’t to me.

Edited by Branston Pickle