Bill

Official West Ham thread

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This is an absolutely disgraceful pathetic performance yet again. Pathetic. If some of these players think they're Premier League quality then they need to look at themselves. The defending has been woeful. The two players being touted for greatness... One is sat on the bench, the other is at the heart of the worst defensive display I've seen since the last game. Thank goodness for Hernandez and Krul. At least Buendia is playing well also. I feel for Farke, this isn't bad training, this is the players giving up. It's pathetic.

• Like 1

If we keep playing like this, Norwich will have to get used to playing in front of the very small crowds. Coronavirus or no coronavirus.

We are awful! Really really awful. For anyone saying Farke is great, you are wrong.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

At least hernandez is still trying, looks like everyone else has gave up

DF will probably take him off now then 🤬

Does anyone still believe that in 2020 our ownership model can be successful at this level then? I’ve no interest in us spending another season in this league like this

2 minutes ago, JF said:

Does anyone still believe that in 2020 our ownership model can be successful at this level then? I’ve no interest in us spending another season in this league like this

I so badly want the model to work, and really, it could... for a Championship club... not a Premiership club. You need quality with current ability in the prem not potential.

Edited by Michael Starr
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Think we might be witnessing the end of Klose and Vrancic.

...Farke as well by the looks of it.

2 minutes ago, JF said:

It can't work at top level, that has become patently clear.

• Like 3

I think we need to remember a lot of these players are likely to not be with us next season. Next season is the Championship. We need to start thinking of the players and management team in terms of that level. They've already demonstrated they're not Premier League standard. But Premier League is no longer relevant to us

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Who effing cares about Villa... its the shambles I support that I care about.. genuinely appalling season and a record 5th relegation...

I care because their faillings with spending will have our Board using it as a justification for not spending as the outcome is the same for both clubs. 
If we ever get back to the prem then this will be trotted out and no money spent again. 
Hamster wheel strategy by a club with no ambition but to avoid any debt. 

3 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

This is an absolutely disgraceful pathetic performance yet again. Pathetic. If some of these players think they're Premier League quality then they need to look at themselves. The defending has been woeful. The two players being touted for greatness... One is sat on the bench, the other is at the heart of the worst defensive display I've seen since the last game. Thank goodness for Hernandez and Krul. At least Buendia is playing well also. I feel for Farke, this isn't bad training, this is the players giving up. It's pathetic.

This. I posted on another thread we should be looking at £30-£35m for Godfrey but now I do think we should accept anything close to £25m.

1 minute ago, Crafty Canary said:

Why all the angsf? Did you really expect anything different?

I expected us to lose based on previous performances...but we seem to be hitting new lows today.

OTBC

Just now, percy varco said:

I care because their faillings with spending will have our Board using it as a justification for not spending as the outcome is the same for both clubs. 
If we ever get back to the prem then this will be trotted out and no money spent again. 
Hamster wheel strategy by a club with no ambition but to avoid any debt. 

Fair enough...apologies

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

**** *** *** ******* **** 👍 

I feel sorry for Mr Lakey watching this **** and defending it.

Bringing on two promising youngsters when we are being thrashed. Does not make sense.

Made all the worse by the fact we still weren’t actually mathematically down before kick off today. Realistically perhaps, but surely whilst there’s even a tiny chance of staying up the players should be fighting tooth and nail to do so. Just gone down with a whimper.

Some of the players probably already know they won't be here next season. 

I'm beginning to wonder if Farke knows he won't be here too. 

Farke has had nowhere near the backing he needed this season, but despite that this still isn't good enough.  I don't just blame Farke though, Webber deserves a lot of criticism for the embarrassment of this season.  Webber should no longer be viewed as the messiah by anybody.  We are not and should not be beholden to him.  A slow start to next season and Webber's position should be under severe scrutiny.