Bill

Official West Ham thread

Just now, ricardo said:

Defence needs complete rebuild.

Pretty bloody obvious we needed to invest in a proven Prem defender.

Would it be that hard? I don't even want us to splash huge is 5-10m big?

STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELVES.  SHOW US SOME FIGHT AND PRIDE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HertsCanary93 said:

This restart has made the Hughton relegation season look like the glory years. 

If fans were in the stadium for these performances, I think Webber would be being asked some serious questions. It's been ugly. 

I think they would be ducking pitchforks. And rightly so after so many successive no shows.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

If we start next season like we've finished this one then Farke will be in trouble.

Think he’s on his bike very soon

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Defence needs complete rebuild.

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I think the team as a 'unit' need a defensive rebuild.

OTBC

Agreed with both. Getting decent money for Aarons, Godfrey and Lewis wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. It might even force us to tweak the whole way we play - with less emphasis on marauding full backs and more balance to the side. Can probably pick up solid reliable defenders for less than we can sell those three, meaning we can maybe use the balance to bring in a quality Tettey replacement or additional striking option....

3 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Agreed with this and your previous post re Idah. Chucking him in at the deep end “right, it’s your job to score the goals to keep us up” would have been poor, even as second choice behind Pukki but ahead of Drmic. Now we’re down (even an argument for him to be in the starting line up today to be honest), I wouldn’t be averse to giving him much more game time. No pressure. I said elsewhere - if I was a young player I’d be buzzing to be given the chance to play against Chelsea and Man City in a competitive match but one where I basically have no pressure because the rest of the squad has already got us relegated. 

You might hope Adam starts in the next 3.

Relegation is confirmed later today, barring a miracle. And it's time to try something.

If Watford get a draw today at the least, it looks more like Villa will be joining us. They have Palace tomorrow.

I hope that is the last time we see Klose in a Norwich Shirt and if we get serious money for any of that back four it will be a miracle...

If fans were in the stadium we almost certainly wouldn’t be playing like this - it’s a huge factor in this non-football farce. 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Pretty bloody obvious we needed to invest in a proven Prem defender.

Would it be that hard? I don't even want us to splash huge is 5-10m big?

What does 5-10m even get you? When Brighton signed Adam Webster - a good Championship defender - from Bristol City, he cost them about £20m

4 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

If fans were in the stadium for these performances, I think Webber would be being asked some serious questions. It's been ugly. 

Yes - I think the fans would have made their feelings clear. I'm not one for booing but I don't think I would have blamed anyone who had paid to watch these games if they did.

OTBC

2 minutes ago, daly said:

Think he’s on his bike very soon

Honestly will upset me if he goes off to Germany, get's a board that allows him to buy who he want's a decent club and does well.

Who am I kidding, egg on delias face woud be amusing.

A lack of confidence has a massive effect, but this seems more than just that to me.  Something quite clearly is not right.  Even with  squad overhaul next season I don't see Farke turning it around.

5 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

Klose and Godfrey need a rocket right up them! Terrible!

Certainly do, today really sows that they just want the season over with.

• Like 1

Klose is a liability - the second goal should have been his to clear

And here's a bizarre idea - mark the farken opposition, which means getting rid of the stupidest of stupidest ideas ..... zonal marking

This has been the worst attempt at a PL season by us so far. Relegated with a whimper, no fight, no desire, no urgency and absolutely no clue. 

1 minute ago, Tired said:

What does 5-10m even get you? When Brighton signed Adam Webster - a good Championship defender - from Bristol City, he cost them about £20m

Alternately, Bryam cost pittance and looked like he’d be a perfectly solid prem player.

5 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

This restart has made the Hughton relegation season look like the glory years. 

Delia & Co have been b*oody lucky that fans haven't been able to go to Carrow Rd.

Lucky that all the ranting is on the internet as it could have got nasty.

They need a cracking start next seson to keep everyone happy.

2 minutes ago, Tired said:

Timm Klose about 5 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Agreed with both. Getting decent money for Aarons, Godfrey and Lewis wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. It might even force us to tweak the whole way we play - with less emphasis on marauding full backs and more balance to the side. Can probably pick up solid reliable defenders for less than we can sell those three, meaning we can maybe use the balance to bring in a quality Tettey replacement or additional striking option....

Using the full-backs as wingers is fine if:

1) Other players cover their runs.

2) The full-backs then get a quantity ball in the box.

In our case, neither has happened enough this season.

OTBC

Just now, JF said:

This has been the worst attempt at a PL season by us so far. Relegated with a whimper, no fight, no desire, no urgency and absolutely no clue. 

Definitely. By a big margin. We aren't even playing good football to compensate.

• Like 1