Bill

Official West Ham thread

I understand we were always up against it this season but I wish we could've at least gone down swinging, a bit like Blackpool about 10 years ago who still managed to score a bucket load of goals despite being relegated.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We’re not, we’re worse. 

Or the attack we’re facing this season is better?

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Stiepermann looking very out of place at this level. 

He sometimes struggled at Championship level too. Mixed performances from him last year, some great assists and at times, careless.

5 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Conceding so many from set pieces is down to the coaching. Simple as that. Yes we might have still conceded some from set pieces and yes we probably wouldn’t have been good enough to stay up anyway. But defending set pieces pretty well and at least making it hard for opponents to score from set pieces is something any team can be taught to do by coaching and training groundwork and we continually fail to improve. Regardless of what your thoughts are on the manager vs board vs knits bad luck’ for the more general failure this season, the inability to tighten us up at set pieces is a massive failure by the manager and coaching staff alone.

That was “just bad luck” not “knits”

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Stiepermann looking very out of place at this level. 

I think it’s noticeable which players aren’t ever going to be good enough at this level. Steipermann, Trybull, Leitner, McClean, Duda, Drmic, which is why we have an influx of young midfielders for next season. I think we’ll see a lot of players shown the door, which might not be such a bad thing as we’ve certainly got a mentality issue of losing.

Hiya Sonyc - I hope all is good with you.

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Eddie Riemer's role isn't it?

If that is his specific job role, he should be cleaning his desk at the end of the season.

OTBC

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I think it’s noticeable which players aren’t ever going to be good enough at this level. Steipermann, Trybull, Leitner, McClean, Duda, Drmic, which is why we have an influx of young midfielders for next season. I think we’ll see a lot of players shown the door, which might not be such a bad thing as we’ve certainly got a mentality issue of losing.

Agree with this. A losing mentality going into a new season despite last year being the opposite. It needs changing. 

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Would agree but would query the ‘five year plan’ and how it will work in the future - is the plan to buy five new players from abroad and ‘hope’ they can cut it in the prem, if not go down and gamble by shipping them all out and bringing in five more who we ‘hope’ might be able to cut it next time we go up?

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

If it wasn't for the fact that we've saved a whole heap of money and in fairness needed to be given the opportunity to get ourselves out of it,  with hindsight voiding the season would have been kinder.

Not even voiding. Just freezing as it was. At least then we could always have kidded ourselves that we were robbed!

• Haha 1

Heart breaking to see how much we have regressed both as a team and individually.

To think the plaudits we were getting, the star striker, Emi, the local boy thriving and 3 incredbily talented and valuable defenders.

To getting rolled over by **** poor teams, showing no fight or heart and being powder puff in both final thirds.

The Club Apologists will be all over this forum for the predictable damage limitation exercise later on.....Bill/City 1st is getting the bids in early.....

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

If it wasn't for the fact that we've saved a whole heap of money and in fairness needed to be given the opportunity to get ourselves out of it,  with hindsight voiding the season would have been kinder.

Null and void would have been euthanasia; this is like death by a thousand cuts.

I just worry about the mental damage this is doing.

OTBC

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Poor touch from Hernandez there

At least him Emi are trying.

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Null and void would have been euthanasia; this is like death by a thousand cuts.

OTBC

To who DDJ? Us or the players?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Heart breaking to see how much we have regressed both as a team and individually.

To think the plaudits we were getting, the star striker, Emi, the local boy thriving and 3 incredbily talented and valuable defenders.

To getting rolled over by **** poor teams, showing no fight or heart and being powder puff in both final thirds.

This, sadly.

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

Yes agree Disco. This is a damaging end. Players knowing that not only are they part of a relegated team, but are arguably not even close to being competitive at this level. At least Zimm and Hanley miss out on being part of this end of season patch

Such a typical performance. Most possession, no shots on target, away team has very decent chances.

Edited by sonyc

I’m seriously at a loss, Drmic and Steipermann have been so ineffective, limited effort and yet we can all agree when Idah comes on the game changes! What does Farke see that we don’t.?

We just don't try anything different.

Why not Todd or Emi in the middle? Why not Ben in midfield? Why not three at the back and two up front?

Stubborn is not something a coach can be. Is DF saying he only has one style in his playbook?

Just now, Indy said:

I’m seriously at a loss, Drmic and Steipermann have been so ineffective, limited effort and yet we can all agree when Idah comes on the game changes! What does Farke see that we don’t.?

I think he is trying to ease him in Indy reading into his recent comments. Doesn't want to get him attached so much to our performance level in the last few games. I think that is good management. Adam should be great next year and can hopefully look forward to showing us what he is about 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

At least him Emi are trying.

Mario is trying my patience. Not passing the ball well. Great save TK.