Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Jacob Lungi Sörensen has agreed to join Norwich City.

Part of "an expected quartet" of new faces to add to Sitti, McCallum and Sinani. 3 more must be close to signing. 

Really pleased with this signing. Certainly brings a new dimension to our struggling midfield.
Looks like a replacement for Todd though....

11 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Part of "an expected quartet" of new faces to add to Sitti, McCallum and Sinani. 3 more must be close to signing. 

Two will be Bali Mumba and Matthew Dennis I assume. Dennis has left Arsenal and Sunderland have finished in League One.

The last one could be foreign. Most leagues are still ongoing so I doubt it's a high quality signing.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Really pleased with this signing. Certainly brings a new dimension to our struggling midfield.

He's a 6ft defensive midfielder, so very unlike Todd.

13 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

How does a Defensive midfielder look like a replacement for a winger/number 10?

More likely to be Trybull's replacement, with Sitti being developed for a year to replace Tettey.

• Like 1

I’m a long time reader of this forum, but this is my first contribution. Despite a disappointing 19/20 season, i’m really looking forward to next season & the new players which we’ve already signed, plus the other new players which will follow in the coming weeks.

• Like 9

I’d have thought the expectation is that more signings will be for the first team - Mumba (who spent the season on loan at a Northern League side rather than playing at Sunderland) and Dennis will surely only be for the ‘age group’ squads, and will be ‘ones for the future’.  

Edited by Branston Pickle

21 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Two will be Bali Mumba and Matthew Dennis I assume. Dennis has left Arsenal and Sunderland have finished in League One.

The last one could be foreign. Most leagues are still ongoing so I doubt it's a high quality signing.

Soto might be another? 

Scrub that, he has already signed and to be loaned out.

Perhaps the Man fellow?

Edited by sonyc

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’d have thought the expectation is that more signings will be for the first team - Mumba (who spent the season on loan at a Northern League side rather than playing at Sunderland) and Dennis will surely only be for the ‘age group’ squads, and will be ‘ones for the future’.  

Depends, it says "link up with the Canaries in the next week" which I presume would exclude anyone involved in an ongoing league: UK Premiership/Championship, Spanish or Italian.

46 minutes ago, Top corner said:

I’m a long time reader of this forum, but this is my first contribution. Despite a disappointing 19/20 season, i’m really looking forward to next season & the new players which we’ve already signed, plus the other new players which will follow in the coming weeks.

Enjoy I look forward to hearing your posts pink in virgin.B-)

I love the fact we’re building for next year already, Villa and Bournemouth still not accepting relegation means they will have less time and will no doubt require bigger changes to finances.

Great to see such good work by Webber and Farke.

8 hours ago, sonyc said:

The article isn’t very clear - I’d probably agree with your reading of that sentence, but could it mean the quartet is Sorensen in addition to Sitti, McCallum and Sinani and the expected to link up with the squad bit is as opposed to the three who are currently only training with the development squad?

The signing itself though is one which I think could work. My only slight concern is that of the four names mentioned, three have never played in England and could completely struggle to deal with the pace and physicality of the game and even McCallam has only played 40 or so competitive games all at a lower level. Could be risky if the plan is to bring in seven of that type of player all at once. One or two signings around 25/26 years old with a bit of know how in English football wouldn’t go  amiss - defensive midfielders would have been the prime example imo.

8 hours ago, Top corner said:

Hello Waveney 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Top corner said:

Welcome to the forum Top Corner. As a long term reader, I'm sure you already know who to ignore. 😉

OTBC

9 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Happe from Orient?

52 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

We've already got 4, all of whom are capable in the championship.

My guess would be one youngish centre half in if we keep Godfrey (as a long ish term replacement for Klose) and if Godfrey goes then probably a first choice centre half and maybe a younger one too. 

Klose - 32, season long injury pretty much - I don’t think we can assume he’ll be able to play regularly for a full season. Zimmerman has just had a very long lay off too. Hanley should be fine but again, will be coming back from injury. If we sell Godfrey, I’m not sure the other three give me confidence that we’ll have an established regular pairing who can play together the majority of the season (despite all three being good enough at champs level).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aggy said:

The article isn’t very clear - I’d probably agree with your reading of that sentence, but could it mean the quartet is Sorensen in addition to Sitti, McCallum and Sinani and the expected to link up with the squad bit is as opposed to the three who are currently only training with the development squad?

The signing itself though is one which I think could work. My only slight concern is that of the four names mentioned, three have never played in England and could completely struggle to deal with the pace and physicality of the game and even McCallam has only played 40 or so competitive games all at a lower level. Could be risky if the plan is to bring in seven of that type of player all at once. One or two signings around 25/26 years old with a bit of know how in English football wouldn’t go  amiss - defensive midfielders would have been the prime example imo.

I know what you're saying re the other players but McCallum has been an integral part of a brilliant Coventry side and would have been playing in the championship with them this coming season.

I am pretty excited about these other signings in terms of potential. Let's hope they've unearthed another Buendia instead of a Franke! 

Man would really put the cherry on top of the cake for me. Although the crazy figures being bandied about seem to have put us off. A lot of that will just be hot air from Bucharest's bonkers owner though! 

If we’re to build a team around youth who get promoted we need a better defender in, even if we lose Klose. I doubt Godfrey will be here next season, but with Bushiri already out on loan at the age of 20 I don’t think our coaches rate him.

So agree we need a couple defenders with potential in.

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

If we’re to build a team around youth who get promoted we need a better defender in, even if we lose Klose. I doubt Godfrey will be here next season, but with Bushiri already out on loan at the age of 20 I don’t think our coaches rate him.

So agree we need a couple defenders with potential in.

Bushiri is a weird one. Very highly regarded in Belgium - the fact he was sent on loan after signing surprised many over there. Think there has been an issue adjusting away from home for him - but who wouldn’t struggle if they had to live in Blackpool. Really hope he is around the squad next season as people I know in Belgium say that he could be excellent. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Bushiri is a weird one. Very highly regarded in Belgium - the fact he was sent on loan after signing surprised many over there. Think there has been an issue adjusting away from home for him - but who wouldn’t struggle if they had to live in Blackpool. Really hope he is around the squad next season as people I know in Belgium say that he could be excellent. 

Thought he'd been packed off back to Belgium on a season loan?

Bushiri could be another Todd Cantwll situation, I would certainly ask how many 20 year old cbs actually get regular football at Championship level? (Yes I know we had one last time we were in the division).

I wonder if either Sitti or Sorensen are seen as potential central defenders

I don't believe Melvyn Sitti has the size to be a CB (he weighs in about 67kg which is light). He looks a Trybull type. Something tells me though he will become a favourite. Hopefully he can learn a lot from Alex Tettey (who also had some time in France I recall...was it Rennes?).

I'm sure we'll see a proper CB or two signing. No more square pegs in round holes please!

Just seen the training photo, yeah he doesn't look like one.

Wouldn't call Godfrey a square peg. Whilst those sort of players are rare I wouldn't bet against us trying it again. I highly doubt Ben Godfrey the midfielder would be commanding anywhere near the fee that Ben Godfrey the CB will.

5 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Just seen the training photo, yeah he doesn't look like one.

Wouldn't call Godfrey a square peg. Whilst those sort of players are rare I wouldn't bet against us trying it again. I highly doubt Ben Godfrey the midfielder would be commanding anywhere near the fee that Ben Godfrey the CB will.

Not talking about Godfrey! More trying to shoehorn Amadou and then Tettey in to CB. The latter did ok when called upon but neither were ever proper CB's