Move Klose

Pukki Would You Sell?

A Bid For Pukki, Stay Or Go?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Hypothetically A £7m Bid Comes In For Pukki,

• Accept
    • Reject, Not Selling
    • Ask For More

Hypothetically a bid comes in for £7m for Teemu Pukki, are you accepting it?

30 years old, not looked the same player since that injury, would he repeat another 30 goal season in the championship.

Edited by Move Klose
Mistake

Bielsa loves him so you never know a bid like this could materialise. Difficult to know his worth and I also suppose it's who we may have lined up as a replacement and our confidence. Personally, would love to see Teemu with at least another half season.

No sell. Whether it is goal scoring, goal creating, work rate, being a supreme team player, likeability........take those into account and he is worth far more to us than what we could sell him for.

• Like 1

I would sell

.... though expect the club wouldn't let me keep the money

(they can be like that at times)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The only ways I can forsee Teemu's departure is if he wants to leave (some rumours abound since January) or if the club receives a ridiculous bid of 10m+ which isn't going to happen now I feel. I hope he stays & I hope he wants to stay. He's a bit of a talisman, would be very difficult to replace and while the likelihood of him banging another 30 in is close to nil, he's one of our top players. He'll surely get more opportunities to score next season and, because he'll be a marked man, he can make lots of dummy runs, dragging players out of position and creating space. "Ole hyvä ja pysy Teemu!"

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hmm didnt I make a thread the same as this only like the other day

Yeah, I hate it when that happens 😉

to be honest next season I would not expect him to get 30 goals.

I would be happy near the 20 goal mark, he needs competition and a striker scoring goals to come off the bench and midfielders alongside scoring more.

I would be much happier with Pukki in the team and not relying on him to score all our goals, he has a lot of weight on his shoulders this season and it could be very tough next season if he does not have that competition or Buendia/ Cantwell and other chipping in with goals.

Everyone has their price. If someone bid £15m, I'd probably take that and reinvest it in a younger, up-and-coming striker to compete with Idah and Drmic.

Have voted Not for sale. Idah is still a bit green and I'm not sure Drmic will come good. There might be better strikers out there than Pukki but the question is would they want to come here and would we pay the asking price? Too risky to sell, although I may change my mind in January if he's still underperforming!

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Have voted Not for sale. Idah is still a bit green and I'm not sure Drmic will come good. There might be better strikers out there than Pukki but the question is would they want to come here and would we pay the asking price? Too risky to sell, although I may change my mind in January if he's still underperforming!

That's my take Captain but with more confidence Drmic won't come good. Only time would consider a better Pukki offer is if we buy a top striker in the next 2 months.... but I doubt we will.

Edited by sonyc

I would want more than £7mil but I also think Teemu is unhappy here (as I wrote on another thread) and think we will accept anything reasonable.

How hes been playing since Christmas I'd snap a bid of £5m plus. Has spent too much of his career struggling to score goals.

We fell lucky for 14 months! 

No chance, unless we got offered something stupid like 15m+

He looks shot of confidence, it's nothing to do with an injury. He's not gambling, anticipating balls, making the right runs and when he gets a half chance he's panicking and fluffing it. It's also becoming increasingly clear to me that a big reason for his previous goalscoring form was his understanding with Stiepermann. who was trying to play him in every chance he got last game but Pukki was always on his heels or in the wrong place.

Once back in the Championship, if we keep Stiepermann and Buendia, start to dominate games again and create him chances he will find form again, I'm certain of that. It might take him a few weeks but in those circumstances it will happen, then watch him bang them in regularly again from then on. 

I would leave him out for the rest of the season though. give him a rest, give Drmic a good chance to see whether he's really up to it and give Idah some time with the pressure off. 

• Like 2