Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Who are ya?

Name: C
Job: University faculty/data analyst/quantitative researcher
Started supporting City: 2012
Season ticket: I wish! Still yet to visit Carrow Road sadly
Favourite Canary moment: Everything about getting promoted last season was special
Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: Maddison, Hoolahan, Pukki, Buendia, Aarons
Favourite current player: I have a huge soft spot for Tettey
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Travel, music, cooking
Random fact: I was once forcibly removed from Russia after being accused of espionage ...

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Shipham as in shiphams salmon and shrimp  spread?  Or did you mean shipman the man who singlehandedly  reduced the oap count in uk by 10 %?

Can you still get fish paste?. I don't see it anymore. We used to have fish paste sandwiches when we were kids. Didn't do me any harm 

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Only the other day someone on here threatened to knock someone out. Keyboard bravado maybe, but you never know.

Stay classy, Pink 'un.

Name: Blue

Location Jurassic World

Job: Theme park exhibit
Started supporting City: 1986
Season ticket: 94-96 Lower Barclay 03- 07 Harold Stand 08- lower barclay
Favourite Canary moment: finally seeing Norwich play at Wembley. Not ashamed to admit I did shed a tear when the teams came out

Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: Hucks, Crook, Iwan, Mackay, grant Holt
Favourite current player: Krul

Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Music-playing and gigging, Lego building, baking

Random fact: I once gave directions after a city game to 'the moose' from talk sport. He told me Norwich had been **** and should've lost by more so I told him a 'shortcut'in the opposite direction to the one he wanted to go. He's probably still driving round mile cross!

Edited by The Raptor
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Can you still get fish paste?. I don't see it anymore. We used to have fish paste sandwiches when we were kids. Didn't do me any harm 

I loved it on cold toast with lashings of butter. Salmon and shrimp  was my fave ever.  Had some a few years ago . Will have a look in our local deli  , not sure if it still exists 

Name: Peter 
Job: Mental health 
Started supporting City 75 Luton F.A cup (won 2.0)
Season ticket: Casual fan
Favourite Canary moment: Milk Cup win 85
Top 5 players you've seen play MacDougall, Peters, Bruce, Crook and Huckerby.
Favourite current player: Buendia 
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: History and laughing. 
Random fact: Fell over after 1 pint before the Preston match 2017 and ended up at Norwich A& E for plastic surgery and 30 stitches in my forehead. 

In for a penny...... 

Name: Steve
Job: Lorry Driver
Started supporting City 1988 (0-0 home to Middlesbrough, dreadful match) 
Season ticket: Not currently, previously various areas of the Barclay Lower 
Favourite Canary moment: Play off final 2015, also 3-3 away to QPR, Peter Grants first game, cracking away day with some top top people. 
Top 5 players you've seen play: Disco Dale, Huckerby, Iwan, Crook, Goss 
Favourite current player: Tettey
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Holidays with the family (meant to be in Florida in 5 weeks 😔), films, pretending I'm still 20 whilst in bars 
Random fact: Was so drunk once in Thetford I bought some bloke a few drinks as I was adamant it was Darren Eadie (apparently he looked nothing like him) 

Oh, what the hell

Name: James
Job: Retired
Started supporting City 1973 Texaco Cup against Scottish opposition on a Wednesday night ( there are two possible teams in contention for this)
Favourite Canary moment: Ipswich home Milk cup semi-final

Season Ticket: never
Top 5 players you've seen play: Martin Peters, Ted MacDougall, Ian Crook, Iwan Roberts, Darren Huckerby 
Favourite current player: Tim Krul
Hobbies/pastimes outside offootball: Holidays, punk rock, walking my dogs, gardening, eating out, twitching.
Random fact: I kissed Gaye Advert of the Adverts backstage at West Runton Pavilion, supporting the Damned 1/7/1977.

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow
  • Like 1

This is awesome! Thanks so much to everyone who's joined in so far.

Great to see so much love for my boy Tettey 😄

I've probably already mentioned everything in this profile at some point anyway, but let's go...

Name: Owen

Job: English teacher

Started supporting City: 1989 (see below) or 1995 (first game)

Season ticket: 2004-2008 (Norwich), 2017-present (Lecce)

Favourite Canary moment: Probably Wembley 2015

Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: Huckerby, Ashton, Hoolahan, Maddison, Buendia

Favourite current player: Alex Tettey

Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Not much because I'm a boring ****, but I guess I'd say 'other sport' (darts, cricket, others), going to the gym, going to the sea, playing Football Manager and eating

Random fact: I was in the matchday programme when I was about three weeks old because I was the youngest Junior Canary at the time

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I am happy to join in:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/05/08/17/28037686-8301391-Additionally_some_of_the_documents_released_today_included_heavi-a-1_1588955400913.jpg

You're the official advice about lockdown? I would've never guessed that...

Sorry Wolfo, after Damiengate there's  no way I'd share any detail on here. I was completely  shocked that someone would bother. ... and I was already aware there are one or two weirdos on here.  I couldn't  trust them. Me, not bothered but I have an extended family and the thought of those , how can I say, strange  obsessive types   , trolling any of them would probably end very badly. You already know  who I am related to . I trust you with that info. I can deal with any old shoite on here but it seems some dont leave it at that.

I’m the foreign one.....

Name: Emil
Job: Design Engineer
Started supporting City: 1977 - First Game v WBA (Confess it’s my second team....Born in Oxford means U’s are my first team. I’ve been known to wear my Oxford shirt in the Barclay on the odd days Oxford played at Carrow Road & I follow Sparta Prague when in Prague).
Season ticket: from 1993 to 2018 decided Saturdays were better spent on other things.
Favourite Canary moment: 1985 cup final.....followed by 1986 cup final.....
Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: Channon, Hucks, Malky, Keelan & Strihavka  😂
Favourite current player: Hanley
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Cycling, Golf & Painting
Random fact: I used to play Ice Hockey in Prague as a youngster and I once was told by Maurice Evans after summer trials at Oxford in 1988 that while he had a hole in his bum, I’d never be fit enough to be a pro footballer! He was right!

Edited by Indy

I've thought about this and I think I don't feel important enough even to myself. And I'm being serious. "Who the f*** cares" is what I think about myself. I'm a fairly quiet type generally and keep myself to myself most times. Indeed I was shocked the other day to see my post count because I logged on using a laptop (it doesn't show on a mobile which is what I use virtually all the time)....I had posted nearly 5000 times!.....yet over 16 years plus that is still less than one a day. Most of my posts have been me talking sh*t too 🙂 because I looked back on some. It's best not to look at what you've written I think!

As for others sharing, it's fine by me (indeed interesting). People can say and do what they like. I'm not sure about other posters but you get to 'know' folks well after a while from what they say and especially from how they say it. I think overall I'm happy not to know who people really are because I just don't mind. Plus, I would forget their names in a week anyway!

I understand some posters' worries though because they've received inflammatory and threatening comments. Thankfully, these happen very rarely. Once or twice in the past I've tried to join in as a peacemaker but I've found I got ignored as the argument was too 'hot'. I used to hate the Morty/Lakey duels. I was so pleased both met up subsequently and made peace. It was good to read and restored my faith in people.

I like this forum most of the time. Some amusing folk post here. Fair play to Feedthewolf's post, it's good to be open and honest. I felt it was dishonest to just ignore it as that felt disingenuous. Yet, to respond and say something just what do you say?! So these are some of my thoughts above. I guess I may change my mind in time.

• Like 2

I was a little sceptical but all I’ve posted is pretty much what I’ve posted before on this forum, Nutty and others know my background, I’ve not said where I live but just my first name and some info!

As you say it’s interesting to see the demographic of our supporters and allows us to see a smidge deeper into each other.....

39 minutes ago, Indy said:

I was a little sceptical but all I’ve posted is pretty much what I’ve posted before on this forum, Nutty and others know my background, I’ve not said where I live but just my first name and some info!

As you say it’s interesting to see the demographic of our supporters and allows us to see a smidge deeper into each other.....

Well people know too where I'm based (Bradford and Leeds area) plus already know my age. So not an unknown Indy.

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Well people know too where I'm based (Bradford and Leeds area) plus already know my age. So not an unknown Indy.

I’m up that way a lot as I have a relative in Stamford Bridge. Great part of the country.

From my point of view, as a newbie, I found this post interesting as a way to see the demographic of folk on here, but also hopefully a good way for one or two of those wary of whether I'm some old reborn poster or not to take me at face value.

As for keeping more annonymous, I totally get why people would want do that, and I totally respect that, from my point of view, if people ever get so narked with me online they want to "find me" or whatever , then good luck to them, but more importantly I'm just a normal bloke so I don't think anyone would give two ****s about wasting their time anyway 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That's brilliant. Good job!  

Thanks Lakey.

Everyone I've re-met since the lockdown loosened has mentioned they wish it was as easy for them to lose weight as it is for me. In the words of Stuart Webber 'it's taken me 6 months to be an overnight success'!

• Like 1

Name: Simon
Location: Watford and surrounding area 1963-2018, Wallasey since 2018
Job: Local Government Officer
Started supporting City: 1972/73
Season ticket: At Carrow Road, never. Watford season ticket holder from 1977/78 to 1981/82.
Favourite Canary moment: Wembley Play-off Final 2015
Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: Bryan Gunn, Darren Eadie, Robert Fleck, Craig Fleming, Grant Holt.
Favourite current player: Tim Krul
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Playing Football Manager, Punk/New Wave/Indie music-listening to, going to gigs, performing-see below
Random fact: I have been the singer (in the loosest possible sense) for The Jellyfiends since 1990. 'Famous' artists supported-Toyah, Vic Goddard, Blue Aeroplanes, The Subways, Department S, Spizz, The Flatmates

Name .Kingsley Harrison

Age 49

Location .thetford

Job .support technician

Started supporting city. 1985

A member every year and casual fan

Favourite city moment. us beating Leeds at elland road last season.

Favourite Norwich players .crook Sutton Bellamy rivers culverhouse

Favourite current player .Zimmerman.

Hobbies .Gaming,betting

Random fact .nothing really I've not ever interviewed any Australian soap stars lol

Edited by Canary dwarf

It's really cool to read so many of your NCFC stories. Keep them coming!

Before long we'll have enough to make a Panini Pinkun Posters sticker album... I'm going to task @Uncle Fred with doing all the picture research.

11 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Thanks Lakey.

Everyone I've re-met since the lockdown loosened has mentioned they wish it was as easy for them to lose weight as it is for me. In the words of Stuart Webber 'it's taken me 6 months to be an overnight success'!

Hope this doesn't sound too personal but what weight were you before? You've done amazingly well, either way! 

Ps. My real name is Rob and I live in Norwich. Bet that was tricky for y'all to work out! 🤪

Random fact... I knew all of the members of the short lived pop band North and South. 

I'm 39 years young and I'm a late bloomer to being a proper supporter. Started in 2000 when I first moved here. I worked for Archant or ECN (as it was at the time) and soon got drawn into the footie. Had a season ticket since 2008, I think. 

Recently ended up without a job but I'm having a second interview for a new one soon which I'm looking forward to!

I love music, playing guitar, drawing, smoking and whisky 😉

Anyway did that in a bit of a weird, roundabout way but anyone who knows me probs wouldn't expect anything less! 

Fave player at the moment is Emi

Fave players I've seen in a Norwich shirt, Hucks, Holt, Ashton, Wessi, Howson

Best moment was definitely playoff final for me. What a day! 

Lots of love all...

Bobbo

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

Hope this doesn't sound too personal but what weight were you before? You've done amazingly well, either way! 

Bobbo

Happy to talk about it. As of my last takeaway 198 days ago (on Boxing Day 2019, I worked in hospitality don't judge me) I was 18st 2lbs and now sit at a lithe 14st 9lbs. 

Good luck with your interview pal, it's a jungle out there currently.

• Like 1