Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Who are ya?

Right then! Seeing as some users seem to think it's fine to share personal information about other posters that they've gleaned from scouring the internet, how about a bit of openness and honesty on here? Obviously some people would rather keep their information private, which is totally cool, but I figured if I shared the information myself it's better than having other people post things about me out of context.

I'm not doing this in a passive-aggressive way. I know I've slagged off other posters along the way, and I probably will do again in future, but life's too short for all the bickering, so here's a little exercise to try to bring us a bit closer together.

I've put together this natty little questionnaire about myself, so you can find out a little bit about me from the horse's mouth.

Name: Matt
Job: editor/writer/marketer (and yes, I did take voluntary redundancy from a role with Archant in 2019!)
Started supporting City: 1986
Season ticket: since 2008, River End Upper (shhhhhh)
Favourite Canary moment: Playoff final 2015, finally watching Norwich at Wembley with my old man after nearly 30 years of waiting
Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: James Maddison, Darren Huckerby, Grant Holt, Ian Crook, Wes Hoolahan
Favourite current player: Alex Tettey
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Music, gigs and festivals, cycling, gardening, reading, board games, travel, languages
Random fact: I'm currently trying to learn Japanese. It's hard.

Over to you guys!

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I have to say fair play to you Wolfie , your motive is genuine 

Let's hope you don't do one for each profile/persona Waveney. Absolute thread domination.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I have to say fair play to you Wolfie , your motive is genuine 

Now's your chance, Waveney - tell us all about the man of a thousand faces! 🙂

Fair play Wolfie.

Name: Paul
Job: DevOps consultant
Started supporting City: 1993
Season ticket: Nope
Favourite Canary moment: The Play-off final was great, but going "Top of the League at Portman Road" was unreal for me.
Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: James Maddison, Darren Huckerby, Grant Holt, Emi Buendia, Iwan Roberts
Favourite current player: Todd Cantwell
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Spending time with my 6-month-old daughter, playing videogames, walking my dog (black labradoodle called Archie)
Random fact: Have given 2 "Father of the Bride" speeches, both before my daughter was born.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Now's your chance, Waveney - tell us all about the man of a thousand faces! 🙂

Surely all you have to do is trawl Facebook ? 😜

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Surely all you have to do is trawl Facebook ? 😜

Not my style, Tilly 🙂

Name: Chris
Job: IT Applications (Support & some coding)
Started supporting City: 1990
Season ticket: 1990-1995 in my teenager years
Favourite Canary moment: Norwich 3 Derby 2 (with Bayern Munich a close second)
Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: Chris Sutton, Darren Eadie, Darren Huckerby, Wes Hoolahan, Emi Buendia
Favourite current player: Emi Buendia
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Gaming, anime, manga, AEW wrestling
Random fact: I once interviewed Harold Bishop from Neighbours

18 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Name: Chris
Job: IT Applications (Support & some coding)
Started supporting City: 1990
Season ticket: 1990-1995 in my teenager years
Favourite Canary moment: Norwich 3 Derby 2 (with Bayern Munich a close second)
Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: Chris Sutton, Darren Eadie, Darren Huckerby, Wes Hoolahan, Emi Buendia
Favourite current player: Emi Buendia
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Gaming, anime, manga, AEW wrestling
Random fact: I once interviewed Harold Bishop from Neighbours

You interviewed Harold bishop ,I can't compete with that ,what a revelation.😁

Just be a bit careful. It's not the regulars but all kinds of nutters view these posts. I've had to put personal information on here for Rays Funds and been trolled with emails and phone calls.

You don't really want posters like that poster on my case the other night trolling you.

Edited by nutty nigel
Stoopidity
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Name: Mason
Job: Braving the job market
Started supporting City: 1991
Season ticket: Not held (family tickets were upper Barclay until I moved away)
Favourite Canary moment: Ipswich in Playoffs. Winning the final was good, but burning them forever was better
Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: James Maddison, Darren Huckerby, Dion Dublin, Dean Ashton, Wes Hoolahan
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: fitness, gaming, self-improvement, digital design
Random fact: I've learnt a language and lost 3 stone since January

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Just be a bit careful. It's not the regulars but all kinds of nutters view these posts. I've had to put personal information on here for Rays Funds and been trolled with emails and phone calls.

You don't really want posters like @citysick from the other night trolling you.

Fair shout. I've redacted my surname and made my location a little less specific. Surprised that 'citysick' poster hasn't been banned?

• Like 1

Maybe he has? I don't know. I didn't report him. It doesn't get to me on here. But imagine those people trolling your family...

Name: Lakey
Job: Footballing advisor for left footed players
Started supporting City: around 1965
Season ticket:  Main Car Park in Keswick since 2015
Favourite Canary moment: Too many to choose from but one that always sticks in my mind is a Kevin Keelan save against Chelsea in the replay after the fogged off match in 73 - a save that was simply breathtaking.

Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: Any left footed player who has ever played on the left at some time in their career 🙂
Favourite current player: Vrancic (also co-incidentally left footed)
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Wearing daft hats and looking morose
Random fact: I once had a dog called Elvis fall on me from the roof of a house, I managed to catch him and break his fall and ended up talking about it on Radio 5 with the headline "Elvis fell on me from a great height". True. Every word.

Sorry if some of that is a bit fecetious, but don't want to much personal stuff out there. Those that know me already is quite sufficient.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Name: Lakey
Job: Footballing advisor for left footed players
Started supporting City: around 1965
Season ticket:  Main Car Park in Keswick since 2015
Favourite Canary moment: Too many to choose from but one that always sticks in my mind is a Kevin Keelan save against Chelsea in the replay after the fogged off match in 73 - a save that was simply breathtaking.

Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: Any left footed player who has ever played on the left at some time in their career 🙂
Favourite current player: Vrancic (also co-incidentally left footed)
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football:
Random fact: I once had a dog called Elvis fall on me from the roof of a house, I managed to catch him and break his fall and ended up talking about it on Radio 5 with the headline "Elvis fell on me from a great height". True. Every word.

Sorry if some of that is a bit fecetious, but don't want to much personal stuff out there. Those that know me already is quite sufficient.

Thought Snoddy was your favourite player. 

• Haha 1

Name: RTB
Job: retired
Started supporting City: 1963

Season ticket:  First Bus
Favourite Canary moment: when the Man U clown fell off the roof of the Barclay Stand

Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: martin peters, snoop doggy dog, ed balls, grant Holt, cliff Richard
Favourite current player: Alexander Tetty
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: collecting the vinyl records of the Beverly Sisters. 
Random fact: i just misread Canary Dwarfs random fact as he once interviewed Harold Shipham 

• Haha 1

Why not eh?

Name- Charlie

Age- 32

Location- Hertfordshire

Started Supporting City- 1997 I think?

Season Ticket- 2001 through to 2018 (started in the family area, moved to the Barclay, settled in the South Stand)

Fave moment- McVeigh's header v Wolves

Top 5 Players- Maddison, Hoolahan, Drury, Huckerby, Keith Briggs (#justiceforBriggsy)

Favourite current player- Max Aarons

Hobbies- Cricket, NFL, AEW (nice choice @Icecream Snow), Beer

Random Fact- I've appeared on Blue Peter no less than 4 times...

Name: Paul
Job: Retired
Started supporting City: As soon as I was born, first visit to Carrow Rd 1976. 
Season ticket: Yes, next to the Snakepit
Favourite Canary moment: Steve Bruce header against Ippo, second leg of Milk Cup final
Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: Seen so many, genuinely cannot pick just 5
Favourite current player: Christoph Zimmermann
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Music, cycling, reading and gambling
Random fact: Witnessed the fastest England World Cup finals goal in Bilbao in 1982

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

You don't really want posters like that poster on my case the other night trolling you.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Fair shout. I've redacted my surname and made my location a little less specific. Surprised that 'citysick' poster hasn't been banned?

Too late mate.......Leatherface with his chainsaw is on his way round as I type. Seriously though Nutty is right.

You may remember the footballer-turned-boxer Curtis Woodhouse who managed to track down his troll and was texting him ' live ' as he was walking down his street saying he was coming to get him. He didn't of course and the two of them kissed and made up on a morning TV sofa but the danger is real.

Only the other day someone on here threatened to knock someone out. Keyboard bravado maybe, but you never know.

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Too late mate.......Leatherface with his chainsaw is on his way round as I type. Seriously though Nutty is right.

You may remember the footballer-turned-boxer Curtis Woodhouse who managed to track down his troll and was texting him ' live ' as he was walking down his street saying he was coming to get him. He didn't of course and the two of them kissed and made up on a morning TV sofa but the danger is real.

Only the other day someone on here threatened to knock someone out. Keyboard bravado maybe, but you never know.

You'd hope that it would never come to that between genuine NCFC fans, but there are some strange eggs out there.

Anyway, it's good, solid advice, and I'm glad to see lots of other people following suit and sharing their stories/details in such a way that they're not opening themselves up to lunatics!

I'd happily share a drink with any other NCFC fan, no matter what nonsense had been posted between us on an internet forum.

OTBC!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Favourite Canary moment: when the Man U clown fell off the roof of the Barclay Stand

Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: martin peters, snoop doggy dog, ed balls, grant Holt, cliff Richard
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: collecting the vinyl records of the Beverly Sisters. 
Random fact: i just misread Canary Dwarfs random fact as he once interviewed Harold Shipham 

He was a good boxer that Harold shipman,he had a lethal jab.lol

33 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Only the other day someone on here threatened to knock someone out. 

Oh right, who was that?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Name: Stef
Job: Grow plants.
Started supporting City: Early 1980s (bit vague.)
Season ticket: member on and off since mid 90s. VIP shareholder too.
Favourite Canary moment: Playoff final 2015, Norwich at Wembley not that long after my mum had passed. Very low to very high in the space of two months
Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: Darren Huckerby, Grant Holt, Wes Hoolahan, Craig Bellamy, Darren Eadie.
Favourite current player: Teemu and Stieps (for his oddness.)
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: Music, art and cultural stuff in general
Random fact: I was once on an Australian holiday programme.

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Shipham as in shiphams salmon and shrimp  spread?  Or did you mean shipman the man who singlehandedly  reduced the oap count in uk by 10 %?

Name: Tom
Job: Geography teacher
Started supporting City: circa 1990. First game was before I was 3. Never had a choice.
Season ticket: Never had one - Closest I've ever lived is 120 miles from Norwich so not been feasible
Favourite Canary moment: So many. 1-1 with Bayern (Was taken out of school for the day to be there!), Play-off semi against the scum, Winning at Wembley, Directors box and then being on the pitch with Mario minutes after he scored the equaliser against Sheff Weds last season
Top 5 players you've seen in a Norwich shirt: James Maddison, Darren Huckerby, Grant Holt, Wessi, Ashton
Hobbies/pastimes outside of football: 5-a-side, gigs, watching NFL, travel, scuba diving
Random fact: My great, great uncle wrote Winnie the Pooh and I was loosely mates with Kit Harington (Jon Snow in GoT) at college

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Oh right, who was that?

The expression was " break your face" I believe  , wasnt it TvB? 

Damien? X . 👍🤮😉 maybe even " happily break your face". But why split hairs , unless one is short of  a  few.

Edited by wcorkcanary

49 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Only the other day someone on here threatened to knock someone out.

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Oh right, who was that?

You know what......suddenly my mind's gone a complete blank.