Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So apparently dennis man has a 100 million euro release clause..

Well, according to Wikipedia. Supposedly Man United offered to buy him for 15 million in the past too, and they turned this down.

Is it iust me or does this all sound very odd if true for a player from the Romanian Leauge? I mean, I'm not going to call it a pub leauge, but it's not quite the Bundesliga or Serie A is it?

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, according to Wikipedia. Supposedly Man United offered to buy him for 15 million in the past too, and they turned this down.

Is it iust me or does this all sound very odd if true for a player from the Romanian Leauge? I mean, I'm not going to call it a pub leauge, but it's not quite the Bundesliga or Serie A is it?

Not sure if true in Romania but in some countries it is compulsory to have a release clause in every contract. Hence every player having some absurd amount attached to them in the event they turn into Lithuanian Mbappe.

Suggestions are that as well as Man we have taken a look at his teammate Olaru as well.

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The source for a lot of this information is the batsh*t crazy owner of FCSB and not worth listening to.

Dennis Man did have a trail with Man City in the past as lots of ‘big’ clubs have scouted him, but none have taken it further than that it seems. 

He is a much hyped player, but hard for clubs to really assess how good he is due to the league he plays in. It’s similar to Sinani, lots liked the look of him, but few prepared to commit as judging his true level is very difficult. 

7 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The source for a lot of this information is the batsh*t crazy owner of FCSB and not worth listening to.

Dennis Man did have a trail with Man City in the past as lots of ‘big’ clubs have scouted him, but none have taken it further than that it seems. 

He is a much hyped player, but hard for clubs to really assess how good he is due to the league he plays in. It’s similar to Sinani, lots liked the look of him, but few prepared to commit as judging his true level is very difficult. 

It does sound a lot like the club desperately want to try and sell him. From 'he's worth 100 mill, see?' 'Look man United wanted him!' and of course they/the club apparently voted him the golden boy.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

It's just negotiating tactics. And something is always lost in terms of culture differences and things being lost in translation.

If city offer 5-7 up front and double it in promotion add ons l, the truth is they will bite our hand off. 

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It does sound a lot like the club desperately want to try and sell him. From 'he's worth 100 mill, see?' 'Look man United wanted him!' and of course they/the club apparently voted him the golden boy.

I don’t think they have ever really said he’s worth £100m. Release clause figures don’t equal what a club think is a realistic valuation. 

Man is a big talent and the club don’t want to lose him for a small fee - there is a trend on clubs from England trying to take the Mickey and making small bids for players from leagues considered lessor in order to unsettle players. 

The FCSB owner is a convicted fraudster and a pretty despicable guy all in all. It is probably worth avoiding the tittle tattle on this one, especially anything coming out of Romania as it will all be coming from him. 

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The FCSB owner is a convicted fraudster and a pretty despicable guy all in all. It is probably worth avoiding the tittle tattle on this one, especially anything coming out of Romania as it will all be coming from him. 

The Romanian FA banned him for 4 months yesterday too - He said "Women should not be allowed to play football" to earn that.

As said above, the release clause means very little. You’re not going to put it at a sum you think the player will realistically go for, because then if he turns out to be just a little bit better than you expected, you’ve shot yourself in the foot. 

I have mixed feelings about the supposed Man Utd interest etc. Yes it might be that Bucharest are just pricing him out of the market, but if a club like Man Utd were interested two years ago, I’m surprised he’s still at Bucharest. He’s 22 next month - I would have thought a 19 year old “wonder kid” exploding on the scene with one or two good years in the Romanian league would bring a better price than a 22 year old with four or five good years in the Romanian league who nobody has yet taken a punt on. So is it just that Bucharest have negotiated badly and missed the chance to sell for bigger money two years ago, do they genuinely just want to keep him and he’s happy to stay, or is he actually not quite as good as they are making out?

18 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The FCSB owner is a convicted fraudster and a pretty despicable guy all in all.

thank god, English football has no such scoundrels involved in the game over here

I have seen some games inn Romania . Supporter og G.Hagi and he is manger and owner of Viitirul Constanta. 

The leage is ok, like the Norwegian (im from Norway). 

I did see some games with Man against Viitirul and for Romania U21. 

He is good, but not a star in the team. Ianis Hagi went for 5mill euro. Man is not a bether player then Hagi. So im positive if we geth him for 5mill, but not more.

Edited by Olano