Ok, I know it won't affect us next season, but what a farce tonight with three VAR decisions shown as mistakes and officially recognised as mistakes.  What is the matter with them?  They said on MOTD they need an ex-player in there to help them, but we can all see the mistakes as clear as daylight - every one of us could spot Prowse falling into the defender the second it was replayed, the Man utd player standing on ther defender's leg the second it was replayed and that Kane got a shove in the back the second it was replayed. 

Even at first glance the first two were clear, so the ref has something to answer for, but what about VAR?? What are they doing in there?  Do they actually know anything about football??

I do hope they keep VAR out of the championship, but really, just get rid of it altogether, it's ruining the game.

• Like 1

5 hours old for crying out loud. Discussion opened up and everything.

Edited by South Sider

10 minutes ago, South Sider said:

5 hours old for crying out loud. Discussion opened up and everything

Don't need your policing on here - you've 37 posts and most of them derogatory.

I didn't see it and it was way down the page, so button it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, I know it won't affect us next season, but what a farce tonight with three VAR decisions shown as mistakes and officially recognised as mistakes.  What is the matter with them?  They said on MOTD they need an ex-player in there to help them, but we can all see the mistakes as clear as daylight - every one of us could spot Prowse falling into the defender the second it was replayed, the Man utd player standing on ther defender's leg the second it was replayed and that Kane got a shove in the back the second it was replayed. 

Even at first glance the first two were clear, so the ref has something to answer for, but what about VAR?? What are they doing in there?  Do they actually know anything about football??

I do hope they keep VAR out of the championship, but really, just get rid of it altogether, it's ruining the game.

We all make mistakes, some on here thought we were going to finish in the Champions league places.

But joking aside there is no problem with VAR in most other countries as Jose pointed out last night, it’s just that here the EPL like to be in control and have passed their own rules on the game.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

We all make mistakes, some on here thought we were going to finish in the Champions league places.

But joking aside there is no problem with VAR in most other countries as Jose pointed out last night, it’s just that here the EPL like to be in control and have passed their own rules on the game.

Riley has made a proper pigs ear of it this season and for once I’m actually supportive of FIFA in taking control of this farce. At least now the final decision rests with the man on the pitch, he can be told to review it but no being overruled by some part in Stockley park.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

I was speechless after the Man Utd penalty - and the Prowse one where he jumped into the defender was even worse and so obvious, a five year old child could see it.   All those camera angles yet they still somehow managed to contrive to get it totally and utterly wrong.

All they had to do was say to the ref "Man utd player stood on the defender, free kick to Villa 100%"  "Prowse jumped into the defender, no penalty 100%".   It's astonishing they could get it wrong beteween them. Both decisions you could see why the ref might get it wrong from his angle - but then you have two linesen who have an angle they can see it from as well, you have a fourth official on the side where there is a monitor, then you have var too.

If either of those penalty decsions had been against us, we would be rightly furious, but then you get those ridiculous offside decisions where you can be offside by a millimetre and the spirit of the game is lost as in countless goals this season - most notably Pukki's goal. 

Even Bn'mth's goal yesterday should have stood in the spirit of the game - yes it touched his arm but it was going in anyway. 

Officialdom at football in the UK needs overhauling badly.  Var should be a help, but the way these officials are contriving to make a mockery of football is almost insane.

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

He actually has 130 posts Lakey but in what you say you are right.

Edited by TIL 1010

As Dion Dublin pointed out, these errors can easily cost clubs millions of pounds.

I wonder when it gets so bad that the threshold for culpable negligence has been reached? Officially I mean.

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I didn't see it and it was way down the page, so button it.

Let him have his fun. Policing the forum seems to be his favourite hobby. Personally I don't see what he gets out of it, but then I think the same about trainspotters but they seem to enjoy it so each to their own.

2 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

On Saturday, Stuart Attwell and Andy Garratt will be wearing greasepaint, a clown outfit, and be responsible for VAR.

Nothing new, although you forgot the blindfolds

• Like 1