Sign in to follow this  
curious yellow

Matthew Dennis

5 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I think Mourgas was released ?

Yes he was, just a list of the players who have recently joined from Arsenal. 

Seems to fit in with the way we are going - and if Martin is any measure then it is a very worthwhile exercise.

There have been numerous lower league hopefuls we have signed when they are in their late teens who have subsequently not made it, but at what cost to the club ? Not a great deal I would venture.... and easily covered by the value of Aarons and Lewis.

And that money is being used to give these lads a further chance, and is financially supporting them, rather than it disappearing into the pockets of shyster agents and millionaire players.

And accepting the club's own interests being served, I would rather this is how our club uses its money - than running up huge debts chasing a dream, that at the moment is unsustainable

5 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Another one for the "Promising" list. Hopefully a bunch of these lot manage to break into the team next year.

As he’s only played one U23s game so far I doubt Matthew Dennis will be near the first team squad for a couple of years at least. 

Some youth recruitment is just to ensure Norwich have enough players to fulfil their U18 and U23 commitments - not all are see as players who will potentially impact the first team. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

As he’s only played one U23s game so far I doubt Matthew Dennis will be near the first team squad for a couple of years at least. 

Some youth recruitment is just to ensure Norwich have enough players to fulfil their U18 and U23 commitments - not all are see as players who will potentially impact the first team. 

What do you think Beth of our youth recruitment? Is it as exciting as some of us think?

21 hours ago, curious yellow said:

Another young Arsenal player(18) signing for us? 

Quite an exciting Arsenal youngster this one. Meant to be unplayable in training sometimes, but still quite raw. Plays right back / right wing

It is a great way for self funding clubs to make money 

A scout ( not from Norwich ) told me one about a player at Cambridge and said he was worth buying

a young striker forgot his name about 15 years ago 

Anyway he said that if he did not make it just because he was being sold by a premiership club they would make money 

if you get a player even make a few 1st team games he has some value 

1 hour ago, Indy said:

What do you think Beth of our youth recruitment? Is it as exciting as some of us think?

I don’t get excited about signing young players that are meant to go into the youth teams. So much can happen that a great looking 18 year old never makes it, or an average one suddenly blooms. 

I don’t think anyone at Norwich would have said Aarons and Lewis would become such good players three years ago. Youth development isn’t linear, it is impossible to accurately predict so best to not get over excited about 18 year olds who are being signed after being rejected by their previous club. Some might be great, but the majority will be gone in a few seasons time. 

8 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/vieira-reborn-arsenal-fans-hail-17544412

I think he could progress quickly. 

It seems like he has chosen to come to Norwich, rather than been released. 

Perhaps seeing Josh Martin's progress has encouraged him. 

Good news for us, the system is working. 

"Vieira reborn"

How I hate that kind of attitude for young players. Talk about pressure, it's always the same

"the new ronaldo" "the new messi" ugh

• Like 1

Well looks like I’ll have to do the honours here: I’d rather have les Dennis. 😁

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Well looks like I’ll have to do the honours here: I’d rather have les Dennis. 😁

I'd rather have Dennis the menace

• Haha 1

This is really encouraging. Supporters have to realise we can only poach other clubs top youngsters if they see the ones we have getting a chance. It's a balancing act- too much youth and we have mistakes and naivety, not enough and young players will go elsewhere. Patience and support folks.

6 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

This is really encouraging. Supporters have to realise we can only poach other clubs top youngsters if they see the ones we have getting a chance. It's a balancing act- too much youth and we have mistakes and naivety, not enough and young players will go elsewhere. Patience and support folks.

And to give youth a chance, we have to make room for them by moving on some of our first team. So player sales, when they come need to be seen in that context.

• Like 1