1 hour ago, Thumbbass said:

Yep.

Then you have the other end of the scale, Villa, who's best player is their homegrown lad - but lost over £110m (officially) last year, and spent money hand over fist trying to buy a place in the PL. it's failed and as per the thread title they are in the doo doo in more ways than one. Best thing about this season as far as I'm concerned. 

Not sure how many times I’ve seen your posts, several I’m sure, but I’ve only just realised your username is Thumb-bass, not Thumb-****.

It says something about the way my mind works probably. 😳 Too many years reading Viz or something. ☹️

But yes, the “big” club that is Villa failing miserably despite all that hinvestment is just about the best consolation this season. Leeds choking would have been nice, hopefully next season will be a damp squib for them and we will pass them on the way up again.

• Like 1

I know Villa's owner is a billionaire but the level of losses may even be causing a billionaire to smart a little! They have lost 103 million in the last two years before this year's spending spree. It would have been 50 million more but they they got 36 million for selling the stadium and 14 million HS2 compensation. Good ness knows how much they will lose this year. 

Even a billionaire will struggle to sustain this indefinitely - and then there's FFP.

10 minutes ago, Badger said:

I know Villa's owner is a billionaire but the level of losses may even be causing a billionaire to smart a little! They have lost 103 million in the last two years before this year's spending spree. It would have been 50 million more but they they got 36 million for selling the stadium and 14 million HS2 compensation. Good ness knows how much they will lose this year. 

Even a billionaire will struggle to sustain this indefinitely - and then there's FFP.

Will be really interesting to see what FFP police do about this, suspect not a lot but they clearly breached the rules substantially and should be done for it.

Also the same with Bournemouth who I believe did the same when they got promoted.

43 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Not sure how many times I’ve seen your posts, several I’m sure, but I’ve only just realised your username is Thumb-bass, not Thumb-****.

It is my instrument of choice. The bass that is.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Will be really interesting to see what FFP police do about this, suspect not a lot but they clearly breached the rules substantially and should be done for it.

Yes it will be interesting to see what happens. I think that the Covid environment could work in their favour - i.e. don't want to put a club at risk when so many teams are vulnerable - but only a guess.

The problem Villa face is the amount of money still outstanding on transfer payments, and what their wage bill will be.

And as they came up with us, and so have only sent one year in the PL they will only be due 2 years parachute payments

I know Villa is “his boyhood team” but I wonder if Dean Smith wishes he’d stayed at Brentford now? 

Edited by Surfer