Beat West Ham and that result could put pressure on them too especially if Watford beat Newcastle this weekend.

I know our club isn't doing too well but 2 positives:
1 - We're not Villa.
2 - We're not Ipswich.

Being relegated having spent hardly anything is far less embarrassing than being relegated having spent £144.5m !!

• Like 4

Just had a look at the halftime score and delighted to see they are losing by 2 goals. Bournemouth have got a point against Spurs as well, though from what it says it sounds like they should have had 3.

Hopefully Villa will join us next season, as they don’t deserve to stay up considering their league position in comparison to the amount of money they’ve spent 

Edited by HazzaJet

Mings is having a poor game. Thinks too much of himself but hasn't got the skills to go with that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, K Lo said:

I know our club isn't doing too well but 2 positives:
1 - We're not Villa.
2 - We're not Ipswich.

Being relegated having spent hardly anything is far less embarrassing than being relegated having spent £144.5m !!

So, they've spent about 140 times the amount we have?! That's the big relegation story of this season if it transpires that way.

Edited by sonyc

Yeah bottom 2 looking sorted now. At this stage of the season it's far better to have points on the board than games left.

14 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Mings is having a poor game. Thinks too much of himself but hasn't got the skills to go with that.

Hopefully Oliveria is watching and laughing at him. He meant that and had got previous.

Regardless of the pen United always looked capable of a different gear. This could be four or five.

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Regardless of the pen United always looked capable of a different gear. This could be four or five.

Penalty was a joke, albeit funny that it was against Villa but that's now 19 or 20 that they've this season; that's madness

Ville have conceded more goals than us at the moment too, we we're not bottom at everything just yet !

35 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Ville have conceded more goals than us at the moment too, we we're not bottom at everything just yet !

As it stands they have spent £1m on defenders per goal conceded, compared with our £ 10,000.

• Haha 3

That was no penalty, no way.  Defender gets to the ball first, Utd attacker stands on defender's leg and falls over. Yet VAR can't see it......oh, but it's ok because it's Man Utd.

What I don’t understand is if they go down what will happen re financial fair play, they were on the edge when they went up , wil ll they fall foul of the rule unless they have a fire sale? 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

What I don’t understand is if they go down what will happen re financial fair play, they were on the edge when they went up , wil ll they fall foul of the rule unless they have a fire sale? 

Isn’t there a period of time after which it’s too late, like the statute of limitations? Presumably one year is too short though.

1 hour ago, daly said:

Who really cares

I do.

I want them to go down along with Bournemouth.  Not bothered about you lot. You have no money so are no threat.

That penalty is one of the worst var decisions of the season. Yet to find anyone who seriously thinks that was a penalty. 

It does look like Villa are set for the drop. They will rightly take a savaging about how much money they spent. However, finances/FFP will not be an issue for them next season with the sale of Grealish for £60m+.

If they can keep players like Mings, McGinn, Luiz and Heaton - they will certainly be challenging for the top two next season imo. If they get sold, then I expect massive investment. 

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Isn’t there a period of time after which it’s too late, like the statute of limitations? Presumably one year is too short though.

I believe FFP applies over a 3 year period and is in relation to turnover. So their turnover will have increased hugely this season because of the TV money - nevertheless, I think they were looking in trouble before promotion. I doubt it will quite be a fire sale but they will have to sell to increase those figures; getting their supposed £80m for Grealish would be a good start though, and without him they are very ordinary. Going forward they will need to reduce wages or they will have the same problem next year.

Grealish £60 - 80 million? 😊  They can certainly ask, just as we can for Godfrey ... more like £30 - 40 million. He’s a bit better than Cantwell but nowhere near as good as Maddison. Which top six team would he actually get in as a starter? 

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That was no penalty, no way.  Defender gets to the ball first, Utd attacker stands on defender's leg and falls over. Yet VAR can't see it......oh, but it's ok because it's Man Utd.

To be fair Villa and their fans are bemoaning this one yet have not mentioned when VAR didn’t overrule a decision where the ball was obeying social distancing against Sheffield United. VAR admitted to 3 mistakes last night.

5 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I believe FFP applies over a 3 year period and is in relation to turnover. So their turnover will have increased hugely this season because of the TV money - nevertheless, I think they were looking in trouble before promotion. I doubt it will quite be a fire sale but they will have to sell to increase those figures; getting their supposed £80m for Grealish would be a good start though, and without him they are very ordinary. Going forward they will need to reduce wages or they will have the same problem next year.

My understanding is they did the same as Manchester City and Derby amongst others ie they sold their ground to their owners who then put it in a trust ( in Villas name ) that then leased it back for a pepper  corn rent.

A lot will depend on the Man City appeal today and subsequently what happens to Derby. Personally I believe that should Man City’s appeal not be upheld today then they will be releasing a lot of info on other clubs to show they have been singled out.

31 minutes ago, Well b back said:

My understanding is they did the same as Manchester City and Derby amongst others ie they sold their ground to their owners who then put it in a trust ( in Villas name ) that then leased it back for a pepper  corn rent.

A lot will depend on the Man City appeal today and subsequently what happens to Derby. Personally I believe that should Man City’s appeal not be upheld today then they will be releasing a lot of info on other clubs to show they have been singled out.

Good, by going for Man City for their shennanagins, they've gone after a club with huge resources. If upheld, great ,as it will deter others from following suit and make those that have done similar realise  there's no point arguing.....you broke the rules, you pay the price.  High profile test case. And if man city have done the legwork  for the footy authorities on other clubs , great too, it will save time and money going for them as well. No sympathy  for teams buying success and breaking the rules.   Makes me even prouder of the way we are trying to  go about our business. Would love to see man city stripped of any titles, cups etc that were won unfairly. We'll never be the biggest but have much to be grateful for.