Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Sinani, Mccallum and Sitti all training with Norwich!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Darth Vadis said:

Is there any reason why they're with the U23s and not the first team?

Age?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darth Vadis said:

Is there any reason why they're with the U23s and not the first team?

To do with Premier League rules on player bubbles. Not allowed to mix with the first team squad. 

  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Is there any reason why they're with the U23s and not the first team?

Presumably as they are not yet fully registered players. And isn't Mcallum still technically on loan at Coventry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

To do with Premier League rules on player bubbles. Not allowed to mix with the first team squad. 

Ah, thought it might have been something like that. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Is Sitti a DM?

Is that not where Godfrey plays?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Is Sitti a DM?

Yes. (At least this is what we've been told). In reality he's probably a 5ft 8, technically gifted, lightweight German 😉😉 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yes. (At least this is what we've been told). In reality he's probably a 5ft 8, technically gifted, lightweight German 😉😉 

Or Julien Brellier Mark II. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Our success rate is 1 in 3... so two of these players will end up flopping and one will kick on next season, but which one? I'm guessing McCallum. I really want to see all of them succeed. It's such a big ask for Sinani. He was literally playing in a part time league which is equal to top National League / bottom League Two level. Such a jump up, even in the Championship. Plus, they need time to adapt to the English game and the culture shift. Let's give them time next year guys and not get on them.

Edited by Michael Starr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Our success rate is 1 in 3... so two of these players will end up flopping and one will kick on next season, but which one? I'm guessing McCallum. I really want to see all of them succeed. It's such a big ask for Sinani. He was literally playing in a part time league which is equal to top National League / bottom League Two level. Such a jump up, even in the Championship. Plus, they need time to adapt to the English game and the culture shift. Let's give them time next year guys and not get on them.

According to Coventry fans Mccalum is one of the best players they have seen in years, think I will be going for him too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am assuming that the homegrown rules remain in place for EFL match day squads so assume we have more in that category being targeted too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ZLF said:

I am assuming that the homegrown rules remain in place for EFL match day squads so assume we have more in that category being targeted too. 

Idah will count as homegrown from next season and I'm assuming that Josh Martin will too which will help in regard to the home grown player rule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

Is there any reason why they're with the U23s and not the first team?

I should imagine that it is a case of differing training routines

The first team squad are preparing for a game every three or four days

 Those that have joined will be getting 'up to speed' ready for next season, as will the u23s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Idah will count as homegrown from next season and I'm assuming that Josh Martin will too which will help in regard to the home grown player rule. 

Depends how ready we think they are for regular action- EFL requires players to be in your 18 man matchday squad rather than the squad in general.

 I think whatever happens we need to trim the amount of non-homegrown players as we'll only be able to have 11 in each matchday squad so several would have to miss out each week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, king canary said:

Depends how ready we think they are for regular action- EFL requires players to be in your 18 man matchday squad rather than the squad in general.

 I think whatever happens we need to trim the amount of non-homegrown players as we'll only be able to have 11 in each matchday squad so several would have to miss out each week.

I saw Todd Cantwell play when he was 18 and I've seen Josh Martin play. There's never any guarantee of how players will develop, but Martin looks a considerably better player at 18 than Cantwell did. (Cantwell of course has come on leaps and bounds in the last 14 months or so). 

Idah is clearly ready for the Championship. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s lots of players who’ve looked world beaters as youngsters, it seems to be how they come on when they start to play non (or broader) age-group football that is the key.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

According to Coventry fans Mccalum is one of the best players they have seen in years, think I will be going for him too

That's one hell of a statement bearing in mind they had Maddison recently.

If that's true then we might have a gem on our hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...