Sign in to follow this  
Wymondham Canaries

Norwich City Crest

Simple question. Would you like to see a updated crest or are you happy with the current one.? Was talking to a mate and he said we were thinking of updating our crest about 10 years ago. But obviously never happened 

It is fine apart from the amateurish lines of shading on the football. Something should have been done about that years ago.🥵

27 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is fine apart from the amateurish lines of shading on the football. Something should have been done about that years ago.🥵

The scooby doo lion ghost below the castle always gives me a laugh, I know it's from our cities flag and all but it looks so silly.

Wouldent mind a new crest- Provided it keeps it familiar and simple.

Norwich_City_03_grande.jpg

Yep, a minor change to the lion (never liked the eyes or mouth because they appear so amateurishly drawn and makes me think that this was the best 1980s CAD could come up with...three odd triangles).

The shadow on the ball could also look more realistic (agree with Purple). And now I look more closely could we even have a castle mound?

The design though is quite classic overall and far prefer this to the more n a z i like ones you see about.

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Yep, a minor change to the lion (never liked the eyes or mouth because they appear so amateurishly drawn and makes me think that this was the best 1980s CAD could come up with...three odd triangles).

The shadow on the ball could also look more realistic (agree with Purple). And now I look more closely could we even have a castle mound?

The design though is quite classic overall and far prefer this to the more n a z i like ones you see about.

You know the Earlham crest in green and yellow wouldent look half bad..

coat-of-arms-crest-earlham-history-norwich-others-png-clip-art.png

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

More detail in that lion for sure

43 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I know most fans like it, and I do, but that doesn't mean it cannot be improved a bit. The ball could be panelled with black lines, or done à la Nantaise:

World Football Club Crests on Twitter: "Earlier this week we ...

Wonder if there was a shortlist of badges. Of if the current one was just picked as the winner. I’ve seen different versions. Wasn’t there one with a white football and lion? 

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I know most fans like it, and I do, but that doesn't mean it cannot be improved a bit. The ball could be panelled with black lines, or done à la Nantaise:

World Football Club Crests on Twitter: "Earlier this week we ...

More stars than them down the road.

Agree with keeping our OTBC theme though but surely modern CAD can design a nifty update on our classic theme.

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I heard Delia drew it like that. Boo! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Honestly pretty neat.. Although it does look a tad Man United

Ye I was just joking as it is a complete rip off of Man utd.

But why does it even exist?

58 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That lion looks like he's just told a joke and awaiting laughter...

Sounds daft, but it’s just the shape of the shield I’ve never been keen on though I can’t think of a decent alternative. The canary and all the rest of it are fine with me it’s just that massive plain green shield. It’s as if it needs a swirly banner underneath it with some cheesy Latin on it of something just to balance it out a bit.

3 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Sounds daft, but it’s just the shape of the shield I’ve never been keen on though I can’t think of a decent alternative. The canary and all the rest of it are fine with me it’s just that massive plain green shield. It’s as if it needs a swirly banner underneath it with some cheesy Latin on it of something just to balance it out a bit.

I have the same issue with it. I also think it makes it look very jarring on kits that aren't green and yellow - like this season's red away kit.

1 minute ago, Darth Vadis said:

I have the same issue with it. I also think it makes it look very jarring on kits that aren't green and yellow - like this season's red away kit.

I notice it most when we’re on telly and they’re doing a preview or something and flash our crest on the telly next to the oppositions and ours just looks so big and in your face, but not in good way. It’s like our crest is caught between two era’s - not quite old and traditional and not quite new and modern. It’s like our team - caught between two divisions!!

4 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I notice it most when we’re on telly and they’re doing a preview or something and flash our crest on the telly next to the oppositions and ours just looks so big and in your face, but not in good way. It’s like our crest is caught between two era’s - not quite old and traditional and not quite new and modern. It’s like our team - caught between two divisions!!

Agreed. I actually think the shield is a bit of a strange shape as most football-crest-shields go. As if it was an afterthought and designed just to squeeze everything in. 

Although I do think the castle should be involved somehow, I personally like the simpler designs such as:

0D648426-4725-44AC-B843-65070A8C9BBA.jpeg

52785CDF-B4EE-4F39-9ACD-3BA15C1B28AE.jpeg

Never really noticed before but that lion does look well naff. One suggestion I might have is that rather than have a badge that is glued or stitched onto the shirt it's actually embedded within  the material. Currently we have a shirt with contemporary design and material with this thing 4 times the thickness glued on. Bit like a school uniform. An embedded flat design would look well cool in my opinion and could evolve each time the shirt is relaunched. Cambridge's profile picture looks quite excellent in this respect.

I really like it. It's timeless. Everyone knows which club the badge belongs too, and we don't need any text or slogans. I think it's perfect as it is.

I'm sure I've seen variations where the shading on the ball was replaced with "1905". Also seen it with the white castle and white ball as mentioned.

Yes it’s time to add a rolling pin and chefs hat in honour of our saint Delia.....😂💚💛

The first shirt I was given, not one I bought has a canary on a twig, I’m sure it did.

On 09/07/2020 at 19:36, cambridgeshire canary said:

The scooby doo lion ghost below the castle always gives me a laugh, I know it's from our cities flag and all but it looks so silly.

Wouldent mind a new crest- Provided it keeps it familiar and simple.

Norwich_City_03_grande.jpg

It looks like a cross between the 7up character with the sticky up hair and a famished lion.