Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Just for the record

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I tend to agree 🤪

It’s a dog with a bone syndrome and in the end the energy is sapped out of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I tend to agree 🤪

You could always debate with a mirror...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I tend to agree 🤪

 

56 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You could always debate with a mirror...

Might get a more satisfying outcome than going round in endless circles with some of the mad hatters on here 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

 

Might get a more satisfying outcome than going round in endless circles with some of the mad hatters on here 😉

That's what I meant👍🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

This is exactly the sort of thing that justifies people in calling you out.

On the one hand you’re saying that you think you’re not far wrong in forecasting other teams final point totals then on the other you’re forever telling us to be positive and anything can happen.

How is it then that with positive thinking we can get the points but teams around us somehow cannot ?

Completely contradictory isn’t it ?

 

In fairness to Lakey he has been proved sort of right? He's been saying for weeks that anything can happen and in a way it has. I really didn't expect such a downturn in form for Villa, Bournemouth and Watford all at the same time. Briefly the stars were almost all perfectly aligned but we couldn't produce the performances or results. Immediately before lockdown we were probably stronger than we had been all season but that 3 month lay off killed us, and probably didn't help those above us either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

In fairness to Lakey he has been proved sort of right? He's been saying for weeks that anything can happen and in a way it has. I really didn't expect such a downturn in form for Villa, Bournemouth and Watford all at the same time. Briefly the stars were almost all perfectly aligned but we couldn't produce the performances or results. Immediately before lockdown we were probably stronger than we had been all season but that 3 month lay off killed us, and probably didn't help those above us either.

I think Lakey thought anything could happen and ultimately we would survive though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

And there lays the frustration. Pre lockdown we had an outside but achievable chance of avoiding the drop, but generally the 6 point gap was viewed as too much. As it happens the others in the relegation zone have actually done as much as they can to help us, but since the restart we have been diabolical. We came out a different team post lockdown, I don't know why?

No near, so far. We had a great opportunity but we blew it. Onwards and upwards next season 

OTBC

Zimmermann, Hanley, Byram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

You should try it sometime.....

I just did....

Nutty nigel said: I think City have a good chance of winning on Saturday.

Mirror said: Good post.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

In fairness to Lakey he has been proved sort of right? He's been saying for weeks that anything can happen and in a way it has. I really didn't expect such a downturn in form for Villa, Bournemouth and Watford all at the same time. Briefly the stars were almost all perfectly aligned but we couldn't produce the performances or results. Immediately before lockdown we were probably stronger than we had been all season but that 3 month lay off killed us, and probably didn't help those above us either.

Yes, he is right in saying anything can happen but that’s the same for all sport. Must say it has been a bit of a surprise how poor all the teams have been.

What  I can’t get my head round is how Lakey always seems to think we’ll somehow turn it round while the other teams won’t. Reminds me of the sort of unfounded schoolboy optimism we all took part in until the reality dawned as we got older

Overall we’ve had an abysmal season and there really isn’t any point pretending otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how anyone with a positive approach about games to come can be accused of pretending previous results were different.

I understand Lakey logic much more than Smiffy logic.🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

What  I can’t get my head round is how Lakey always seems to think we’ll somehow turn it round while the other teams won’t. Reminds me of the sort of unfounded schoolboy optimism we all took part in until the reality dawned as we got older

Sounds like I haven't grown up then. Well in a way I'm fine with that.  The thing is, the reality last season was people were sagely shaking their heads and saying we were no good and/or heading for League 1, up to that draw at portaloo road - and my schoolboy optimism (if that is what you want to call it) said to me that we could start winning - and we did.  So my view that we should not be too certain about what will happen has some sense to it. 

I try never to write us off and never think anything is done until it is done, so it's not just about being positive, it's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Sounds like I haven't grown up then. Well in a way I'm fine with that.  The thing is, the reality last season was people were sagely shaking their heads and saying we were no good and/or heading for League 1, up to that draw at portaloo road - and my schoolboy optimism (if that is what you want to call it) said to me that we could start winning - and we did.  So my view that we should not be too certain about what will happen has some sense to it. 

I try never to write us off and never think anything is done until it is done, so it's not just about being positive, it's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened.

 

Fair play that you stick to your beliefs in the face of horrific flak. There’s room in this place for views at both ends of the scale and as long as it doesn’t result in abusive name calling it does work fairly well.

Over time what actually happens usually ends up somewhere in the middle but it can be fun chewing the cud in the meantime 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't see how anyone with a positive approach about games to come can be accused of pretending previous results were different.

I understand Lakey logic much more than Smiffy logic.🙃

But does anyone understand Nutty logic ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I just did....

Nutty nigel said: I think City have a good chance of winning on Saturday.

Mirror said: Good post.

Did you buy it in the club shop ?

I saw some in the ‘ End of Line ‘ section...... 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

didnt Sounds like I haven't grown up then. Well in a way I'm fine with that.  The thing is, the reality last season was people were sagely shaking their heads and saying we were no good and/or heading for League 1, up to that draw at portaloo road - and my schoolboy optimism (if that is what you want to call it) said to me that we could start winning - and we did.  So my view that we should not be too certain about what will happen has some sense to it. 

I try never to write us off and never think anything is done until it is done, so it's not just about being positive, it's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened.

 

Didn't you then pour cold water on out promotion chances and have a very pesimistic outlook when everyone else was optimistic?

You cant have it both ways.

But you will, cause that gets you the attention you so desperatley crave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Didn't you then pour cold water on out promotion chances and have a very pesimistic outlook when everyone else was optimistic?

You cant have it both ways.

But you will, cause that gets you the attention you so desperatley crave.

Did you bother to read my post all the way through?  If you did you might understand what was said a bit better. But then you probably didn't read it all the way through in your haste to be unpleasant. If that is how you want to be, fine, but at least have the decency to try and understand what is being written a bit more often. Here, I'll help you - the post said " it's not just about being positive, it's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened". 

 

Edited by lake district canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Did you bother to read my post all the way through?  If you did you might understand what was said a bit better. But then you probably didn't read it all the way through in your haste to be unpleasant. If that is how you want to be, fine, but at least have the decency to try and understand what is being written a bit more often. Here, I'll help you - the post said " it's not just about being positive, it's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened". 

 

True or False?

In April/May you played down our also certain promotion and in August you'd tipped us up for Top3?

Again, your opinion is always that which gets you the most attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

True or False?

In April/May you played down our also certain promotion and in August you'd tipped us up for Top3?

Again, your opinion is always that which gets you the most attention.

Yes and I've explained that above if you care to read it again. It's about not expecting to be bottom or top, not expecting to be promoted or not promoted....oh actually, I give up. Read my post above again if you can be bothered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes and I've explained that above if you care to read it again. It's about not expecting to be bottom or top, not expecting to be promoted or not promoted....oh actually, I give up. Read my post above again if you can be bothered. 

Which of course in true LDC form means nothing at all;

Why bother to make so many bold statments and predictions if with you undoubtdly make yourself look stupid then hide behind;

"It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Which of course in true LDC form means nothing at all;

Why bother to make so many bold statments and predictions if with you undoubtdly make yourself look stupid then hide behind;

"It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

Not hiding, I've never hidden.

Look you don't understand, that's fine, I've tried explaining it, that is all I can do. 

I didn't expect us to be 4th. I wrote it in a prediction thread, yes - but I don't really do predictions as such, it was more like looking in on a thread seeing people so certain of the outcome this season and who started arguing with people who said anything different as if there was something wrong with them and saying to them "look, you don't know how this season is going to pan out, anything can happen".    Sheffield Utd have done really well - and we could have too - the Zimmermann injury then Hanley's on top of Klose's injury did for us and we lost any momentum we had. Even so we still played some good football along the way.  Yes, I like to be positive, but I do not prejudge the results of matches or seasons before thery have happened and I'll steer clear of prediction threads in future.....unless people start pontificating about how bad we are going to do.........

Now if you still don't understand, just leave it alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

 

 

I didn't expect us to be 4th. I wrote it in a prediction thread, yes - but I don't really do predictions as such, it was more like looking in on a thread seeing people so certain of the outcome this season and who started arguing with people who said anything different as if there was something wrong with them and saying to them "look, you don't know how this season is going to pan out, anything can happen".   
 

Now if you still don't understand, just leave it alone.

Says something ridiculously over the top to try and prove a point that might have otherwise been sensible , backtracks when clear the initial point was ridiculously over the top and then makes out others are being deliberately obtuse because they didn’t realise you didn’t mean it that way in the first place. Like suggesting Farke’s CV was “up there with the best” and he would “walk into” management at any Bundesliga club, only to then backtrack three posts later to say “what I meant was I wouldn’t be surprised if he might get a top flight job after us”. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

 

Not hiding, I've never hidden.

Look you don't understand, that's fine, I've tried explaining it, that is all I can do. 

I didn't expect us to be 4th. I wrote it in a prediction thread, yes - but I don't really do predictions as such, it was more like looking in on a thread seeing people so certain of the outcome this season and who started arguing with people who said anything different as if there was something wrong with them and saying to them "look, you don't know how this season is going to pan out, anything can happen".    Sheffield Utd have done really well - and we could have too - the Zimmermann injury then Hanley's on top of Klose's injury did for us and we lost any momentum we had. Even so we still played some good football along the way.  Yes, I like to be positive, but I do not prejudge the results of matches or seasons before thery have happened and I'll steer clear of prediction threads in future.....unless people start pontificating about how bad we are going to do.........

Now if you still don't understand, just leave it alone.

Guys calm down we're not up yet.

Win promotion by 11 points

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

Guys we can break into the top3 this year

Bottom, f**king rock bottom.

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

7 cup finals left we can do this

Nope, still bottom.

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

Guys were going to beat Man U and be in a FA Cup Semi final

Nah, zilch, zip, nada.

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

Coming above Bourmenouth would be an achievment, lets not come bottom

Yep, still bottom.

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

Our playing style is like Liverpool and Man City

Really? Tell me more how about their 630minute spell where they scored just once.

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

Now do you understand?

And thats why you have zero credibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Guys calm down we're not up yet.

Win promotion by 11 points

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

Guys we can break into the top3 this year

Bottom, f**king rock bottom.

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

7 cup finals left we can do this

Nope, still bottom.

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

Guys were going to beat Man U and be in a FA Cup Semi final

Nah, zilch, zip, nada.

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

Coming above Bourmenouth would be an achievment, lets not come bottom

Yep, still bottom.

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

Our playing style is like Liverpool and Man City

Really? Tell me more how about their 630minute spell where they scored just once.

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

 

Now do you understand?

And thats why you have zero credibility.

Zero seems high!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...