Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Just for the record

1 hour ago, CDMullins said:

Guys calm down we're not up yet.

Win promotion by 11 points

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

Guys we can break into the top3 this year

Bottom, f**king rock bottom.

What I meant was "It's about not allowing yourself to think you know exactly what an outcome will be before it has happened"  

7 cup finals left we can do this

Nope, still bottom.

Guys were going to beat Man U and be in a FA Cup Semi final

Nah, zilch, zip, nada.

Coming above Bourmenouth would be an achievment, lets not come bottom

Yep, still bottom.

Our playing style is like Liverpool and Man City

Really? Tell me more how about their 630minute spell where they scored just once.

Now do you understand?

And thats why you have zero credibility.

Whatever you can find to put up about what I said, whatever happened in all those matches, nothing was sorted before they started, no result existed beforehand.  So really you are barking up the wrong tree. 

At any stage, we could have lost our way towards the end of last season - the Sheff Wednesday result - a draw by the skin of our teeth, at Wigan, against Reading, all were dicey to say the least. So I was right to be cautious - any of those results could easily have gone the other way.   And this season, nothing was pre-determined beforehand.

Your cynicism shines through everything you write and that is where you and me differ. My outlook is much more open - I know that anything is possible at any time - and that is where the excitement is, whether it is us at the top or bottom of a table. Perhaps you don't get excited about football.......

As for "zero credibility", on what planet do you think about I care one jot about my credibility?  I am happy in my apparently delusional state of thinking we could win draw or lose any match we start in, including the 3-2 Man City game which you conveniently forgot to quote me on.  NOTHING is decided before hand - and even though we've had such a poor season, it didn't have to be like that - we might have stayed injury free and had a settled defence, we might have had a bit more luck in front of goal and with var, we might not have had the lockdown which disrupted us so much and has given advantage to the better resourced teams with the extra substitions allowed.

In short being bottom was not decided before the season and at that stage anything was possible and survival was still on, even up to the last game. Now you and I have had a long conversation about this, you will never understand my attitude and I will never understand yours. I cannot understand why people are so down about the club - as they were at the beginning of last season when there was still everything to play for - as they were before this season too, even though a ball hadn't been kicked. 

Football is unpredictable - so being certain about what will happen in matches or seasons is simply wrong thinking.  I'm not certain of anything - I never am - I predict that we might do well because I think it is possible we can do well, that is all.  Nothing wrong with that is there? Nor is there anything wrong with being uncertain that we will win promotion even though we are ahead, but with difficult matches ahead.  Nothing wrong at all. 

So thanks for your posts to me, but we'll have to agree to differ. I am happy in the way I think about NCFC, happy to be optimistic about our chances when things look bleak or challenging, happy to be cautious when we are a long way ahead at the top and overall happy in my knowledge that nothing in football has any certainty about it before it happens. 

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm not reading that. Really, I'm not.

I started it  and then came to the same conclusion...

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

It wasn't meant for you.

I doubt the person it was meant for will read it either, tbf.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I doubt the person it was meant for will read it either, tbf.

It'll cure someone's insomnia......