Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

From Twitter

27 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

That’s why I used to PM people ha ! No way could I announce on the forum oh by the way Moxey Is getting sacked as we speak ! The best one was heise the left back who was 2 mins from signing everything agreed viewed city ,ground , training ground everything then just as he was about to sign for 3 years he said No I will only sign on loan 

Don't you mean Mitchell Dijks?

Just now, Icecream Snow said:

Don't you mean Mitchell Dijks?

Yeah, sadly Heise did sign. 😆

12 hours ago, Indy said:

In the good old days of the Norwich City forum I had a contact under Joe Ferrari, brother of a friend who’d pass on info....got into trouble a few times with Joe. 😂👍 Got to know Joe who helped with a few signed shirts for good causes. One very nice guy.

Joe's a legend. I played Sunday League football with him for many years... was party to the odd juicy titbit in the pub after matches, but would never have dreamed of sharing them on here. Hands down one of the funniest blokes I've ever met.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

I Have  a very good Friend who lets me know some great Info

i Was the only one to say Farke  was being named new manager 

also when Jez Moxey was sacked he was in the building at the time 

All the transfers and who we were after 

some great stories about Cameron Jerome 

i used  to pm other posters  before news broke as at the time as  i was getting to much grief from some posters about name your source etc 

I have been the recipient of pms from Norfolk, and his info has always been 100% accurate. 

Always been appreciated, and never shared out of respect for him. No need for a 'I know something you don't know' one upmanship that other posters seem the thrive on,, on here. 

Keep it up Norfolk. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry53 said:

What is ITK ?

You won the internet today with that  👍

3 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

That’s why I used to PM people ha ! No way could I announce on the forum oh by the way Moxey Is getting sacked as we speak ! The best one was   Mitchell Dijks the left back who was 2 mins from signing everything agreed viewed city ,ground , training ground everything then just as he was about to sign for 3 years he said No I will only sign on loan 

In fairness Djiks was up to moving here permanently at the end of his loan but the club weren't prepared to meet his wage demands. Almost signed for Birmingham who agreed a fee with Ajax but pulled out for the season reason. 

His aggression was a bit of a liability anyway, always looked like a candidate for a red card.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

In fairness Djiks was up to moving here permanently but the club weren't prepared to meet his wage demands.

His aggression was a bit of a liability anyway, always looked like a candidate for a red card.

it was all agreed it was the player who called that off my man was there i never did find out the reason , maybe it was wages in the end ?

8 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

it was all agreed it was the player who called that off my man was there i never did find out the reason , maybe it was wages in the end ?

I edited my post for clarity before you replied.

I know he was up for moving permanent at the end of his loan, but the club weren't prepared to match his wage demands.

So perhaps he backed out of a permanent then later asked for more money? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I edited my post for clarity before you replied.

I know he was up for moving permanent at the end of his loan, but the club weren't prepared to match his wage demands.

So perhaps he backed out of a permanent then later asked for more money? 

I Know at First it was Permanent then at the last minute he said only loan after that i do not know but the first deal we were going to buy ,

I know plenty of people “in the know” at the Club. And they never tell you anything . Most People claiming to be in the know are chancers . Any that really do have any kind of consistent insight wouldn’t dream of sharing it on a forum. 

That said , If you search I cryptically put on here that we were about to employ  Alex Neil. I found out about this purely by chance and left it vague . It’s there somewhere . 

if Anyone is Clever enough to find the post my man also told me before we signed Wolfswinkel he was not suited to English football 

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I know plenty of people “in the know” at the Club. And they never tell you anything . Most People claiming to be in the know are chancers . Any that really do have any kind of consistent insight wouldn’t dream of sharing it on a forum. 

That said , If you search I cryptically put on here that we were about to employ  Alex Neil. I found out about this purely by chance and left it vague . It’s there somewhere . 

Depends how is it done i would never even by PM name my Source 

it depends how you know the person in the club 

Lewis Holtby Ex Spurs  is married into my extended family so i would know if he was moving here 

Edited by norfolkngood

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s a little scary we wasted so much on Wolfie if there were such obvious misgivings.

Weren't it said by somebody at some stage that Hughton never actually wanted him, McNally did? 

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s a little scary we wasted so much on Wolfie if there were such obvious misgivings.

Well Branston i wrote it before he signed if you can find it ?? it is in Black and white 

Having said that if the Manager really fancied him which he did you can understand it , my man of course could of turned out to be wrong and Ricky could have banged them in , all signings are a gamble and opinions 

Edited by norfolkngood

38 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I wanna know the Cameron Jerome stories!

Why's that? Sounds like something juicy?

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I tried my best. The system just wasn't set up to play to my strengths.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I tried my best. The system just wasn't set up to play to my strengths.

Bring your boots to the next game you are on the Bench ! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Weren't it said by somebody at some stage that Hughton never actually wanted him, McNally did? 

Of course Hughton didn't want him, he wasn't a defender (or an attacker, as it turns out).

6 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

There’s one about how he left all his watches behind in Norwich when he left us. Had to tell someone the combination of the safe so they could get them for him.

7 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

A bloke at work knew Cameron and his family and just before the 2015 final he told me Cameron was 100% sure he would score. A bit of a lame story I guess but I was told Cam had a lot of belief in himself. 

The only other Norwich-related  snippet I've heard from a footballer (Hendrie) is that Darren Moore smashed up our away changing room. Fist right through the door too.

Are these the most boring football vignettes ever?!

7 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

He's  been a great poster though, taking  the time to collate contracts etc long after he left the club.

Norfolkngood has always had decent info, and never been one to boast about it either.

I normally get a good indication on incoming loans or loans ending short, or last minute transfers via property but the rumours have normally surfaced by then anyway.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Joe's a legend. I played Sunday League football with him for many years... was party to the odd juicy titbit in the pub after matches, but would never have dreamed of sharing them on here. Hands down one of the funniest blokes I've ever met.

Got to know Joe a bit during the old official site messageboard days, a few of us used to meet up with Joe at Yellows for a bit of a fans forum.  Also bumped into him the night of one of the promotion parties in The Nelson (can't remember which promotion it was  mind), we had a good old drink and a sing.  Was saddened when he left the club.  We're friends on FB, but wouldn't go as far as to say he see's me as a "mate", just one of those on each others lists because we sort of know each other 😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Got to know Joe a bit during the old official site messageboard days, a few of us used to meet up with Joe at Yellows for a bit of a fans forum.  Also bumped into him the night of one of the promotion parties in The Nelson (can't remember which promotion it was  mind), we had a good old drink and a sing.  Was saddened when he left the club.  We're friends on FB, but wouldn't go as far as to say he see's me as a "mate", just one of those on each others lists because we sort of know each other 😂

I haven't seen him much in recent years as he stopped playing Sunday football, but he still comes to the pub every now and again to catch up with the lads. He's doing PR and comms for North Norfolk District Council these days.