Jersey Canary

End of Season Player Sales

Who do you think will be gone at the end of the season?

I’m thinking Pukki, Buendia, Godfrey, Aarons, Lewis,  Cantwell, Leitner, Raggett, Morris, McLean, Duda will all be gone.

We’ve got a few coming in so not all bad news.

What do you think? 

I think Pukki and Lewis will still be here, possibly McLean if Rangers doesn't happen.

Klose is on a big wage and past his best now, so we might take a look at that.

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Godfrey asking price is £50m according to EDP today 

Would be refreshing to see other clubs held to ransom before they sign Norwich players. £30M with add ons would be great business though for Ben. 

Based on last night's performance, our most saleable assets are Buendia and Hernandez and I would guess likely to be more offers for Buendia than Hernandez. As for Aarons a great talent, but Mourinho might be right when he said too small, even if tongue in cheek. Both he and Lewis were bullied by the bigger boys last night and showed their limitations defensively. But I think we'll be ok in the Championship with Byram and McCallum if one / both go. But Buendia would be a huge void to fill

I wonder if Raggett at 6'5 had been on the post at Watford if Dawson would have been able to easily out jump him to score.

I know that he is not a Farke type player but he is highly rated at Portsmouth who want to keep him and they could well be in the championship next year.

If ( when) Godfrey goes we will need at least one additional central defender.

I think he could be worth keeping.

Two for one ...a kind of Drmic bog off?

Seriously I would expect we would get more than £10m for Todd C

Edited by sonyc

12 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Two for one ...a kind of Drmic bog off?

Seriously I would expect we would get more than £10m for Todd C

Some Sheffield fan believes it’s a done deal and Cantwell has a clause in his contract. Maybe he does but surely not at £10M.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Some Sheffield fan believes it’s a done deal and Cantwell has a clause in his contract. Maybe he does but surely not at £10M.

It's how we got Wes wasn't it?🙂

And how we lost Earnshaw☹️

11 minutes ago, sonyc said:

It's how we got Wes wasn't it?🙂

And how we lost Earnshaw☹️

It’s got me thinking, a lot on here were happy for him to go on loan at the start of the season and he’s definitely made a few rash comments on social media.
I guess it wouldn’t be the biggest shock in the world and he may want to jump ship quickly when any offers come in. 

51 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s got me thinking, a lot on here were happy for him to go on loan at the start of the season and he’s definitely made a few rash comments on social media.
I guess it wouldn’t be the biggest shock in the world and he may want to jump ship quickly when any offers come in. 

What's he been saying on Social Media? I'm presuming you mean Twitter, which I don't do. 

1 minute ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

What's he been saying on Social Media? I'm presuming you mean Twitter, which I don't do. 

I’ve only read what others have posted on here but along the lines of “I’m going to the top” Fair play to him and he has the ability to back it up. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’ve only read what others have posted on here but along the lines of “I’m going to the top” Fair play to him and he has the ability to back it up. 

Ah right, cheers. Yeah I did think at first he might give us a year back in the Championship with him being a local lad, but now I fully expect him to go after a few of his reactions during games lately. 

I'd wish him well too, think if he bulks himself up a bit could go to the top. 

11 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Ah right, cheers. Yeah I did think at first he might give us a year back in the Championship with him being a local lad, but now I fully expect him to go after a few of his reactions during games lately. 

I'd wish him well too, think if he bulks himself up a bit could go to the top. 

No danger I hope  of turning into a Danny Mills and forgetting his roots. Gutting though (if it happens but I think it will) of seeing the young classy lads being sold off a season or two earlier than I’m sure we all hoped.