Sign in to follow this  
Windy

Canaries World Match Commentary

Yeah not working for me either....rather annoyed. Probably the biggest match of the season (Derby and chance to go top)

I know its pricey but the Canaries World Subscription taps into Radio Norfolk so you get all the commentary through that, though I dont know how it is without Broadband. I guess Scotland is a bit too far for good old Medium Wave?

By the way this is my first post what a fantastic result today!

Just Reading you guys had the same problem, I live in 2000 miles away and can only listen via the internet, I missed the first 20 mins thinking I had a problem with either my PC or my settings, before changing over to the good old BBC.
I was still under the impression that the problem was with me until reading your posts, sorry to hear you missed the game, I reckon they should refund our subscriptions after screwing up one the most important game so far!!!

Hi...I had the commentary problem today and I live on the Isle of Wight. I did complain to Canaries World and this is what they had to say...

Thank you for contacting us. We sincerely apologise for the lack of
commentary for today''s game. This was cause by a technical error at
Akamai, our Audio Streaming partners. Unfortunately it was unable to
be fixed by the end of today''s game but we have been assured that no
such error will occur in the next game. Once again, can we express
our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best Regards,

Canaries World - Web Support

Norwich City''s biggest game of the season so far as well. I missed the whole lot and was relegated to Teletext. Technology!!! How on earth did we get on all those years ago?

I suggest that you all should email the club and demand compensation for not providing the service that you have paid for. Any other game and you could just about put up with it, but there is no excuse for them messing up the most important away game of the season. As to that sincere apology its very easy to type the words out, but do they realise the trauma that it has caused their loyal fans around the globe. A free months subscription is the minimum they should offer.

...am I the only one who listened to the whole thing un-interrupted on Radio 5 Live Extra ? - uninterrupted that is apart from Bryan Shamilton carping on about the "Bloos" and desperately trying to not sound as biased as a Tractor-loving-blue-boy as he sent Lonely Hearts messages out to his long-lost mate Pauly Mariner listening from the States on the Internet...Who the Eric Gates is Paul Mariner? - did he used to be Cozy Powell in Slade? God Love NCFC.

I can honestly say as an exiled fan that I find the canaries world commentary really annoying I had troubled getting the commentary at the beginning of the season and now the last 5 games that Ive tried to listed to Its taken an hour to get the commentary or like yesterday I couldnt get it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have sent another email to the help desk yesterday requesting a reply asap to date no reply has been forthcoming it is rubbish they need to sort it out asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt believe it yesterday - I normally manage to get the commentary quite well through
the internet here in Finland - but for one of the biggest games of the season they screwed it up. I couldnt get any commentaries even on the binmens site. Also tried to listen to the Southampton game, same problem. In the end I had to call to my sister who put her phone to the radio and I listened to the second half that way! I shall send a complaint to NCFC. Atleast I can see them in the flesh on boxing day - hopefully we will stuff the forest! Duncan

Same for me living here in Sweden, planned my whole day around the match, tried the Southampton game, no luck, tried my sonĀ“s computer, no luck. Watching Teletext is certainly not like the real thing!