Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Schrodinger’s Canary

Schrodinger’s NCFC: we mustn’t lose these amazing young players who have routinely failed to step up all season!!?

We seem to Simultaneously suggest the players are nowhere near good enough and yet worth multi millions and desired by the top teams...which is it?

52 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Schrodinger’s NCFC: we mustn’t lose these amazing young players who have routinely failed to step up all season!!?

We seem to Simultaneously suggest the players are nowhere near good enough and yet worth multi millions and desired by the top teams...which is it?

Arguably, Buendia, Aarons, Godfrey, Cantwell and Lewis will all be more than good enough for this level when they get older.

If they were in other Prem sides they would be bit part players with huge promise and eased in ... rather than starting every game.

Additionally, playing all of them together, at this level, is tough too. If, for example, you put Aarons into the current Wolves team he would look a lot better.

This is the plan at this stage of the project. Showcase our green talent. Sell them for fees that we agree with. Invest that money shrewdly on new starlets to put in the development squad or on better squad players than we already have.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I think this has been discussed multiple times and really shouldn't need saying again.

Clubs buy young players because of their potential. Cantwell has scored 7 goals and got a few assists this season. Other clubs will look at that and think playing in a better team, coaches by better coaches and surrounded by better players he could deliver more.

Equally, Buendia is only behind players like De Bruyne for chances created. We get frustrated because he loses the ball in dangerous areas. In a better team they might cope better with the transition. Equally, with better movement in and around him he might lose the ball less anyway.

Godfrey has all the physical attributes to be a top defender. That hes made some mistakes this season isnt a problem to other clubs as, like the rest of our young players this is their first ever season at this level of football. 

I'm sure you get the idea by now.

• Like 1

Had Amadou and other loan players been as good as they should have and if our senior players stepped up to Tettey standard we wouldn’t be in the bottom three. For me we lacked that central midfield pairing strong enough to support our defence and allow our front four the freedom they had in the championship.

I don’t think our youngsters are worth in excess of 25 million each but there’s an argument the each one has got that price tag even in the covid reduced market.

I don’t see Cantwell fitting a Sheffield United side, this move would be exactly what Webber said about previous players, jumping ship to then moan about not playing.

He’s more suited to Newcastle or Brighton style.

Anybody who thinks that we will not lose at least four of our younger star players is deluding themselves. They may not have covered themselves in glory during this strange, stop start season but they will all have prospective suitors chasing their signatures.

Put yourselves in their boots.They are young,will get to train and play with better players and better coachs.Ok,they may be benchwarmers for a lot of the season,but will be far richer benchwarmers. Also,if they stay here and pick up a long term injury they will lose their chance of enhancing their career and bank balance in the future.

So,lets get real and accept that they will be gone and hope that their replacements are already being lined up and are big enough,strong enough,and quick enough to handle the championship and, (hopefully),a promotion to the top table.

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I think the saddest part is we could make between 40-70m selling our stars, but do we really think any of that money will go towards buying new players?

I think so. But it will be spent on the next batch of potential kids and not on oven ready players. 

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I think the saddest part is we could make between 40-70m selling our stars, but do we really think any of that money will go towards buying new players?

Where do you think it will go?

It's the oven ready players we seem to have the most difficulty in finding. Understable at EPL level but we'll see if we can get away with it in the Chump. Hopefully lightning will strike twice and we discover another batch of young starlets.

I wouldn’t blame any of them wanting to leave for a better club how can they progress when their current clubs ambition is to be top 26 , oh dear 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I wouldn’t blame any of them wanting to leave for a better club how can they progress when their current clubs ambition is to be top 26 , oh dear 

Agreed. Anything less than aiming to be the best shows a lack of ambition. Top 1 or nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Agreed. Anything less than aiming to be the best shows a lack of ambition. Top 1 or nothing. 

Let me put it another way, personally I am more than capable of pulling Michelle Keegan but instead I go for Prince Charles  second wife, that is where we are at during the stowmarket 2s ownership

Edited by Uncle Fred
  • Haha 1

Another binary approach to a question that is slightly more complex than that. The team has underperformed and on occasions the players in question have, however, if you are talking about the likes of Cantwell, Godfrey, Aarons, and Lewis, they are all young, they are all British, they all have potential and now they have all had experience in the top flight of English football. So it is not one thing or the other, they are all potentially good players who we would want to hold on to but who will move of the right offer for them and us comes along.......

6 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Let me put it another way, personally I am more than capable of pulling Michelle Keegan but instead I go for Prince Charles  second wife, that is where we are at during the stowmarket 2s ownership

As long as that is the only thing you have been puling.......

15 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I think so. But it will be spent on the next batch of potential kids and not on oven ready players. 

There I go  , agreeing with myself again😉. I have one caveat to agreeing with you RTB, if the right player under the right circumstances is available then we should go for the odd oven ready player. For example  what Tadic brought to an extremely young and inexperienced Ajax side ( tin hat on for comparing us with them, similarity being trusting youth) was immense. God how we could do with the likes of Grant  Holt , winning free kicks upsetting defenders , putting himself about, right now. Tim Klose needs to reign in his ego and realise  that, not having played much for a year or so, has to start doing the simple things well , rather than think he is master of the pitch.  Robbie Earle put it well when he said if You're under pressure,  you clear the ball and reorganise, for that you need an outlet or put the ball into  row z. What you dont do is pass into the opposition  advancing mid field. After going up 1 nil last night , we needed to dig in for 20 mins , not carry on as we were like we'd get a second, absorb the pressure, stifle the opposition  and build our game as they tire  from mounting said pressure. I believe  this will come with time as we are very much a work in progress it may take years, it may ultimately  fail , perhaps I take a coaches view and enjoy the development as much as a result.  Moaninho has a point,  Max was out powered and out paced last night  .. by a Watford( not top six)  player. If Spurs have top 4 or even top 6 ambitions , I'm not sure he ( max) is the man for them. Well , one caveat turned onto a ramble but hey ho , it's what I think.

21 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

More than capable of pulling Michelle Keegan

What? By her hair? Back to your scampi detritus infested Midden? I think her handsome , fit and btw not bad footy player husband might have something to say on that.So may she, feisty one, she is. But dream on, Sadsack.

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

What? By her hair? Back to your scampi detritus infested Midden? I think her handsome , fit and btw not bad footy player husband might have something to say on that.So may she, feisty one, she is. But dream on, Sadsack.

Have you checked out his playing career wcorkio as i think you are bigging him up somewhat ? Well actually a heck of a lot.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Have you checked out his playing career wcorkio as i think you are bigging him up somewhat ? Well actually a heck of a lot.

He played semi-pro, that qualifies as "not bad" doesn't it? As with anything, I guess it's where you draw the arbitrary line.🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I said not bad, didn't  say  good , or even  decent, I'm not prone to hyperbole  or splitting hairs.... any response to Freddo has to be tempered with humour, patience and healthy dollop  of disdain, rather than mayo( though i suspect hes a salad cream man, 🤢🤮 ) .Have you played at any  decent level  or even that of the rather dim but girls  seem to like him , Mark Wright? Sure Barca never came looking but having seen him play  in Charity games etc etc he's not bad, as I said.

Nice try Tillo. But  not really sure what you're  getting at. Other than I said he isnt/ wasnt a bad player, is very fit and despite Freddos  bulk , would make mincemeat of him at pretty much anything  except a Scampi eating contest, and he may be better at that too. Certainly has a lovely looking wife, but for all I know she might be a right               ' orrible image obsessed old bag. Either way  I doubt Freddo is quite to her taste. 👍😇😁

6 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

He played semi-pro, that qualifies as "not bad" doesn't it? As with anything, I guess it's where you draw the arbitrary line.🤷‍♂️

A total of 21 games in 6 years Duncan.

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A total of 21 games in 6 years Duncan.

Unlucky with injuries I believe, as Duncano  said it depends where you draw the arbitrary  line. Why the issue with what  I posted ?  Or is it to quote  yourself, a thinly  veiled attempt to " play  the poster not the post"  Genuinely  interested  where the line  between bad and not bad  is drawn.. please explain . I know for sure you had a decent education.😉😇👍1606.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Unlucky with injuries I believe, as Duncano  said it depends where you draw the arbitrary  line. Why the issue with what  I posted ?  Or is it to quote  yourself, a thinly  veiled attempt to " play  the poster not the post"  Genuinely  interested  where the line  between bad and not bad  is drawn.. please explain . I know for sure you had a decent education.😉😇👍1606.

No issue wcorkio and certainly not an attempt to play the poster merely pointing out that describing Mark Wright as a not bad footy player was stretching it a bit once i researched him as all i knew was that he was Michelle Keegan's husband who appears in an awful TV show. Never realised until then he kicked a football which turns out was not often at all in non league in the dark and distant past.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No issue wcorkio and certainly not an attempt to play the poster merely pointing out that describing Mark Wright as a not bad footy player was stretching it a bit once i researched him as all i knew was that he was Michelle Keegan's husband who appears in an awful TV show. Never realised until then he kicked a football which turns out was not often at all in non league in the dark and distant past.

Sloughbottom park bad?   Ok, I think he wasnt a bad player, you , by definition  of disagreeing, therefore think he was bad. Ok . Good luck and  above all, good will to all men .  Anyone who gets paid , even part time to play footy, is clearly not bad in my book. we have different outlooks  on many things., but I don't think being disparaging about someone who's career is cut short by injury  is wholesome.... 

6 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Arguably, Buendia, Aarons, Godfrey, Cantwell and Lewis will all be more than good enough for this level when they get older.

If they were in other Prem sides they would be bit part players with huge promise and eased in ... rather than starting every game.e.

They'd probably be out on loan, to the Championship.

Buendia could get first team football and would be more effective in a decent team.

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Sloughbottom park bad?   Ok, I think he wasnt a bad player, you , by definition  of disagreeing, therefore think he was bad. Ok . Good luck and  above all, good will to all men .  Anyone who gets paid , even part time to play footy, is clearly not bad in my book. we have different outlooks  on many things., but I don't think being disparaging about someone who's career is cut short by injury  is wholesome.... 

Blimey wcorkio where on earth did i say he was bad merely pointed out that your initial observation on his playing career had been given a coat of gloss so to speak ? Let's leave it there shall we ?

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

Clubs buy young players because of their potential. Cantwell has scored 7 goals and got a few assists this season.

Although I don't disagree with your broader point, you put way too much emphasis on stats and data. 

When Steve Morison scored 9 Premier League goals in his first season with us, literally nobody considered him a Premier League standard striker. Neil Maupay has 9 goals this season for Brighton, and I think he'd fancy himself to get a Premier League offer or two if Brighton went down. 

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Blimey wcorkio where on earth did i say he was bad merely pointed out that your initial observation on his playing career had been given a coat of gloss so to speak ? Let's leave it there shall we ?

Ah so, I say he wasnt  bad . You say  I'm  bigging him up, therefore logic would lead us to believe  that that he was less good than not bad.  Correct?Please define less good than not bad. Oh and btw I don't  watch any of the things he appears in nowadays, just seen him play. Though I think he was recently offered games for Basildon or Billerickay or some where down there , maybe Ethics canary knows? To go back to my original  point, the only way Freddo could pull MK is by the hair....or would you disagree ? 

I am aware that getting him to play for the above clubs would be a good pr move and increase gates .. though mostly with adoring young uns, paying punters none the less. 

Edited by wcorkcanary