Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Bone - Superstar

Farke & Hughton

Farke seems to be turning into Chris Hughton with the way is talking at the moment.

Yes, it was always going to be difficult to stay up this season BUT why now start bleating on about being underdogs in every single game and 5% chance of staying up at the start of the season.

This is how Hughton used to speak when he was here - always talking up the opposition.

Durham & Gough picked up on this on Talk Sport today.

It's getting embarrassing and can't be doing anything for the confidence in the camp.

Hope Farke changes his tune next season - if he's still here.

The attitude has been vastly different since the restart. He does not look and sound like a man who is about to take a team down and smash all kinds of bad records in the process. He was visibly smiling at points during the match this evening but not when we scored. It’s almost like something happened behind the scenes and relegation was accepted during lockdown for whatever reason.

Looking lost on the sidelines I'm afraid. Didn't really look as if he had a plan. Didn't really look like the players knew what they should be doing.

Emi was the only one who showed any skill AND passion.

Michael Bailey seemed to disagree regarding Farke's body language on the sidelines. Although yeah, there have certainly been some shots which seem to be saying 'not this **** again'.

I would imagine that losing both Zimmerman and Hanley during the break is realistically what killed our slim chance of rescuing the season.

There is one huge difference between Farke and Hughton - Farke built a squad with little money and achieved a major success in two years.  Hughton did quite the opposite in two years - started off with a good squad of players and spent quite a lot of money and failed to achieve what was required. 

So in his third year, Farke hasn't managed to keep us up, but he will stay on. Hughton did not build up enough good will to be allowed to stay on, but Farke has more kudos as a result of that past success as we go down a division to go again.

Onwards and upwards.

I think we have to wonder whether relegation will see the return of the Farkeball that we saw last season, or what we have seen in his first season or the latter part of this one.   My big issue with him is his complete an utter lack of a plan B, no manager, well no good manager, has ever stubbornly and rigidly stuck to one tactic, it's not a plug and play Football Manager tactic.  Good managers not just change from game to game depending upon opposition, but also within games, he doesn't do this, even last season his tactic involved go 1 down and stick on 4 attackers.  I think there is no question he has an ability to bring through younger players, probably why he was the Dortmund U23 manager, but I just don't think, long term he has the attributes to be a successful head coach/manager, and I rather suspect that when he eventually leaves here he'll go on to forge a career in no higher league than Bundsaliga.2 

I'm also not buying this "5 year plan", we were supposedly ahead of time on this, so take the bull by the horns and adapt to that, surely by now going back down a division we're behind schedule now? We've also heard this mythical plan many times before under Delias reign, Doomy had one, McNally had one, like tomorrow never comes, in Norwich year 5 never comes.