Tommo

£10m Cantwell to Sheff Utd... no chance

He's not worth a fraction of that.

He need to gooooo back out on loooon to the Dutch second division buh!

1 minute ago, Tommo said:

I am sure Wilder is a fan of Todd but seriously £10m is nowhere near ! https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united-plotting-10million-bid-22316109

Depends what other offers (if any) may come in. Lets face it all this talk of Man City and Liverpool going to pay £35M is delusional. A mid table PL club would suit Cantwell and help his development. Couple of seasons there and if he proves he can maintain this seasons form  and develop further then the 'dream' move could yet happen. Why run before you can walk? 

Maddison £25m before he'd even played a single game in the EPL, v's 7 goals in first EPL season.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Depends what other offers (if any) may come in. Lets face it all this talk of Man City and Liverpool going to pay £35M is delusional. A mid table PL club would suit Cantwell and help his development. Couple of seasons there and if he proves he can maintain this seasons form  and develop further then the 'dream' move could yet happen. Why run before you can walk? 

I don't think anyone doubts the suitability of Sheffield Utd as a place to further Todd Cantwell's development. I think the issue is with £10mil. If he goes, he goes for £20mil+. 

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Maddison £25m before he'd even played a single game in the EPL, v's 7 goals in first EPL season.....

I get the point, I think Cantwell is worth more than 10m and I don't want to see him go. But. Maddison was (is) special and Cantwell is not as good as Maddison was, even before he left us.

Edit, sort of forgot to finish making my own point.... and it was obvious that Maddison would easily take to the Premier League, so whilst still a gamble - they always are - it was a small one.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 1

Yeah, I agree with you. Maddison was special. It was obvious from the first time you saw him.

£25m with add on's for goals etc

Edited by sonyc

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Yeah, I agree with you. Maddison was special. It was obvious from the first time you saw him.

Absolutely. The most gifted player I have ever seen in the yellow and green (going back to 1987).

We're in a much stronger negotiating position now than when we were selling Maddison.

Despite all the links I can't see him moving this summer, sure as hell not to Sheffield United.

10 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Norwich v Leicester Betting Tips - Premier League 15/16

Not sure this fella agrees.

18 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I would bit their hand off at that amount 

You're always hungry. Must have worms or summink.

The idea you could sign a 22 year old English midfielder with 7 goals in his first top flight season for £10m is so stupid it could only come from the Daily Star.

20 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I would bit their hand off at that amount 

Thank f*ck you're nowhere near a position to make decisions then.

£10-15 million with add-on's. No club with a half decent scouting system is paying more than that for TC. 

A scouting system utilising Match of the Day as a primary resource , then maybe. 

You'd get his kit for that amount, still need to buy his boots....

Edited by Surfer

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Absolutely. The most gifted player I have ever seen in the yellow and green (going back to 1987).

Closed your eyes then when Buendia had the ball? 

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

£10-15 million with add-on's. No club with a half decent scouting system is paying more than that for TC. 

A scouting system utilising Match of the Day as a primary resource , then maybe. 

Just like your opinion that he is championship standard, your pricing of him, if he leaves, will also be wrong 😉

2 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

That’s 10m undervalued. 

• Like 1

Just now, Il Pirata said:

Have you been watching football the last 20 years? We sold the Murphy twins for 12m each in times where we needed to sell.

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Have you been watching football the last 20 years? We sold the Murphy twins for 12m each in times where we needed to sell.

We always need to sell mind, you’ll learn. 

I think he'd go for around the Madders fee, not sure that Sheff Utd is the right fit for him in all honesty, but then not ready for a big club just yet, maybe someone like Southampton would be a better fit for him

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

I guess we'll just wait and see. One things for sure, the valuations for some of our players quoted on this message board are absolutely pie in the sky. Especially in the current climate. 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That’s 10m undervalued. 

Any deal for someone like Cantwell will be structured. No one is paying £20 million upfront. 

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

Any deal for someone like Cantwell will be structured. No one is paying £20 million upfront. 

I think they will and more. 

Can’t see us selling any first team regular for that price now. 2 years ago we sold Maddison to Leicester for £25m when he hadn’t even played a minute of PL football. Cantwell has been a first team regular for us this season and already got 7 goals to his name so if you ask me I reckon we should ask for at least £30m for him