Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

We need Bournemouth and Villa down..this was probably a good result

...preferable to west ham and watford being down there next season.

Bournemouth and a club of their size could very well go back to where they came from...not sure if they could pull off the same FFP cheat trick as they did last time.

Villa have spent a lot with very little to show for it and West Ham and Watford would be stronger squads.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

I agree with you but it would also be pretty funny to see West Ham drop.

...funny, yes....but West Ham have always been and would always be a force at Championship level....we need as potentionally as weak a league as possible....such as this one this season, which isn't as strong as last season's...

West Ham have 3 points in the bag on Saturday so expect they’ll be safe.

Watford are my home town club-and where I started watching football-so I hope they stay up.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...funny, yes....but West Ham have always been and would always be a force at Championship level....we need as potentionally as weak a league as possible....such as this one this season, which isn't as strong as last season's...

Yep. West Brom have money behind them, and Leeds will throw everything at the PL, so swapping those two for Bournemouth and Villa is 50/50 at best. Fulham would probably be the strongest team in the playoffs if the season finished now. Bournemouth and Villa could be as good as down by Sunday if results go against them.

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

I agree with you but it would also be pretty funny to see West Ham drop.

When we beat them on Saturday it will still be possible (am I getting this right Lakey? 😉).

I can only say I totally agree with you there MNC. Although I’m not bothered about Bournemouth, for months on end I have been desperate for Villa to join us in the Championship next season as I don’t think they deserve to stay up because of their poor league position in comparison to the amount they’ve spent on players - about £150m in total if I’m correct? Sheffield Utd thoroughly deserve to stay up IMO, yes I thought they spent about £75m, but they’ve looked for proven players and their league position considering they are a newly promoted side I feel is outstanding 

Villa are 4 points adrift of safety, although they have a game in hand to Watford but Watford have a superior gd. To be honest I’m more than happy to take defeat to West Ham on Saturday to make things harder for Villa, who host Manure on Thursday evening. Personally I’d like to see Bournemouth, West Ham and Watford all do well for the rest of the season in order to minimise Villa’s chance of survival

24 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Fulham would probably be the strongest team in the playoffs if the season finished now. 

I think Brentford are probably better at the moment- they've got the best attack and joint-best defence in the league. They've looked really good when I've seen them this season.

However, if both Brentford and Fulham stay down, I'd expect Fulham to be stronger next season.

• Like 1

West Ham host Villa on the last day of the season which could end up being a relegation play-off.

Watford and West Ham still have to play each other and even a draw will be bad news for Villa.

Hilarious.

10 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

West Ham host Villa on the last day of the season which could end up being a relegation play-off.

Watford and West Ham still have to play each other and even a draw will be bad news for Villa.

Hilarious.

Relegation will be over before last day. Realistically 34/35 points will probably keep you up. That's 1 win for Watford & West Ham.

Bournemouth have spurs and villa have united tomorrow night so probably another game goes by where they pick up no points.

Bournemouth ship way too many goals and villa have no one to to stick the ball in the net. They are both coming down with us.

11 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep. West Brom have money behind them, and Leeds will throw everything at the PL, so swapping those two for Bournemouth and Villa is 50/50 at best. Fulham would probably be the strongest team in the playoffs if the season finished now. Bournemouth and Villa could be as good as down by Sunday if results go against them.

West Brom haven’t got that much money! I’d imagine they won’t be breaking the bank. I’d be very surprised if they did.

It doesn't bother me who comes down. Any team that is relegated tends to get an initial shock. Some, like us, have a habit of absorbing that shock and recovering. 

What worries me about next season are not WHU or Villa but complacency against the Birminghams and Rotherhams.

I am not particularly worried about who comes down with us as i am reading on here that we are going to be stronger than this year, won't have to sell anybody and will waltz through the Championship. 😜

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am not particularly worried about who comes down with us as i am reading on here that we are going to be stronger than this year, won't have to sell anybody and will waltz through the Championship. 😜

I think some are expecting one or two to depart. They might be a little disappointed when it turns out to be four or more. 

47 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

🤣