Sign in to follow this  

I Think we are far to predictable ,

we pass it around at the back and you can just see the other team waiting for a mistake or time to press the ball often winning the ball back in our half

our wing backs / wingers do not fire the ball in the box after beating their man often checking back 

Pukki for some Reason has Stopped running behind defenders for through balls                                                                                                some times direct football works Mistakes by defenders , making the defenders run towards their goal etc 

i think we play in front of the other team to much and not in behind them 

i think that is what we would have got more from a more experienced EPL manager 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

I Think we are far to predictable ,

we pass it around at the back and you can just see the other team waiting for a mistake or time to press the ball often winning the ball back in our half

our wing backs / wingers do not fire the ball in the box after beating their man often checking back 

Pukki for some Reason has Stopped running behind defenders for through balls                                                                                                some times direct football works Mistakes by defenders , making the defenders run towards their goal etc 

i think we play in front of the other team to much and not in behind them 

i think that is what we would have got more from a more experienced EPL manager 

Maybe, but I also don't think our squad would have got promoted in the first place with a Dyche-type manager.

I certainly don't think Pukki would have scored the goals he did last season in a more 'agricultural' playing style.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Maybe, but I also don't think our squad would have got promoted in the first place with a Dyche-type manager.

I certainly don't think Pukki would have scored the goals he did last season in a more 'agricultural' playing style.

i Think you are correct , Farke did really well in the championship and the football worked ,Pukki Benefited 

but when plan A didnt work in the EPL we didn't have a Plan B 

The top teams Have Plans A.B.C.D and can us them  all in one game Farke has A

12 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

That cross and header they scored today to win the game was absolutely top class, it will fly under the radar as well.

I look at that and the Egan winner and just think that never in a month of Sundays would we score either of those goals. We have become limited, predictable and far too intricate with our football, kind of regressing back to season 1 Farke style. A bit of old school guile and clinical technique would be more than welcome.

Dwight mcneil showed us up at the start of the season with 2 simple but quality crosses and we never learned our lesson.

We need to quickly forget about "trying to look good" and start remembering how to win games effectively or it could be another long season.

'Nail on head'! Been saying this for last year or so but seems penny is finally dropping amongst Yellows maybe? We NEVER put over a cross (until desperately chasing the game) for someone to head either because Pukki can't head a ball or (more likely) it's not the Farke 'way'. Yet when did we come closest to scoring v Brighton?? cross to Idah and a header which hit the post! Nearly equalised late on v Watford when a cross was finally whipped in, Drmic headed on and Idah just missed at far post. 

Go back and look at Billy Sharps goal v us just before lockdown. Fabulous cross and bullet header. WE NEVER SEE THIS FFS!! 

8 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

'Nail on head'! Been saying this for last year or so but seems penny is finally dropping amongst Yellows maybe? We NEVER put over a cross (until desperately chasing the game) for someone to head either because Pukki can't head a ball or (more likely) it's not the Farke 'way'. Yet when did we come closest to scoring v Brighton?? cross to Idah and a header which hit the post! Nearly equalised late on v Watford when a cross was finally whipped in, Drmic headed on and Idah just missed at far post. 

Go back and look at Billy Sharps goal v us just before lockdown. Fabulous cross and bullet header. WE NEVER SEE THIS FFS!! 

Because we are woeful at crossing doesn't help. It wouldn't matter if Carroll was up front, the ball never reaches.

5 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I believe we do miss out on headed goals. We miss the type of goal Mclean scored against Man City, a rarity in our collection. Ben G sometimes gets near a headed goal and Klose in the Championship. Our play last year was incisive and sharp. Yet, we don't mix our game much do we? And that's because we don't have this plan in our methods. I watched Sheff Utds last minute headed corner last night and there was a stark simultaneous realisation that it was something I would rarely see in a Norwich team. Yet, I believe DF uses stats a lot to guide him (isn't it something like only an 11% chance in reality of scoring a goal like that from a corner).

Look at the success rate of crosses - very few result in goals, not many even result in keepers making saves that result in corners for instance. Cutting back and retaining possession makes sense I suppose - you won’t see Man City put very many traditional crosses into the box. 

The other point is that we never get players in the box, so I imagine we often get into crossing positions and decide not to bother. 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Nick their 2tone kit too if he’s a interested. 

Now that would be ultra traditionalist ... reverting to the 1902-07 kit