1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Surely the fence will get lighter as more see sense and climb off. 

Agreed. Something has to give and it need not be that much.

I've sat on the fence for so long that my tailor has had to reshape my trousers to fit my distorted backside, my doctor has written out a prescription for piles (suppositories)and the last time I sat on a photocopy machine it printed out something that looked like one of those re-alignment pages.

I

On 08/07/2020 at 11:43, TIL 1010 said:

Geoffrey Watling saved the club. It was he who bought Chase out not Delia.

Maybe "saved" in Delia's case is an exaggeration, however she did help the club at a time when they were very Frank Boff. I remember her in an interview saying that her and Michael could have sat in their garden on a load of cash or try to do something useful with it. She never expected to see it again.

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't see why they would. It would have been nice to stay up but getting relegated from the EPL the season after what was an unexpected (I suspect including by Webber and Farke) promotion hardly invalidates what is a long-term plan based on a two-steps-forward-one-step-back improvement.

Yeah, this. It's been horrendous to watch us wave the white flag in the past few weeks, but I trust Webber to find good Championship players, and I trust Farke to get a tune out of them at Championship level.

Although if Webber identifies a new head coach who he believes will perform better than Farke, I trust him to make that call too. I've said all season that Farke should be insulated from too much blame due to the lack of investment, but some of the performances since the restart have been nothing short of disgraceful.

42 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, this. It's been horrendous to watch us wave the white flag in the past few weeks, but I trust Webber to find good Championship players, and I trust Farke to get a tune out of them at Championship level.

Although if Webber identifies a new head coach who he believes will perform better than Farke, I trust him to make that call too. I've said all season that Farke should be insulated from too much blame due to the lack of investment, but some of the performances since the restart have been nothing short of disgraceful.

This is long overdue, time for a change, sell up and go, while you have some support from fans, or wait go like Mr Chase!

46 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Must say I'm coming out of this season with a lot less faith in Farke than Webber.

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

At least Lakey, Nutty and Hoggy won’t have to shout anymore. 

If it was only us 3 who believed in what the club were doing there would have been protests all season, the owners forced out and Webber kicked out on the 31st Jan after the window.

Instead, the strong majority of NCFC fans are fully behind what the club is trying to do and that's why none of the above has happened or will happen.

Yes, there'll be a lot of noise on this forum and the Facebook groups but no one need worry, it won't materialise into anything. It never does.

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If it was only us 3 who believed in what the club were doing there would have been protests all season, the owners forced out and Webber kicked out on the 31st Jan after the window.

Instead, the strong majority of NCFC fans are fully behind what the club is trying to do and that's why none of the above has happened or will happen.

Yes, there'll be a lot of noise on this forum and the Facebook groups but no one need worry, it won't materialise into anything. It never does.

So at full-time today, do you reckon on today's and including those post lock down abject and quite pathetic limp wrist performances. If there was no pandemic and 27,000 were allowed into the ground. The strong majority of NCFC supporters (because they 'get it') would all be heartily and cheerfully applauding and singing the NCFC Boards praises as our players sank to their knees?....

Maybe just a few sporadic tuts, oh wells and a couple o' ho hums....eh?.....

11 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

So at full-time today, do you reckon on today's and including those post lock down abject and quite pathetic limp wrist performances. If there was no pandemic and 27,000 were allowed into the ground. The strong majority of NCFC supporters (because they 'get it') would all be heartily and cheerfully applauding and singing the NCFC Boards praises as our players sank to their knees?....

We'll never know, but the BCD matches have certainly spared the team a lot of stick. Whether that would have expanded into specific criticism for Farke, or for Webber, or for Delia, we'll never know. But give the slop we've been served up since the restart, they've definitely dodged a bullet with the empty grounds.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

We'll never know, but the BCD matches have certainly spared the team a lot of stick. Whether that would have expanded into specific criticism for Farke, or for Webber, or for Delia, we'll never know. But give the slop we've been served up since the restart, they've definitely dodged a bullet with the empty grounds.

I concur....wholeheartedly....

19 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Pretty sure if the results and performances had been the same today there would have been a backlash from the terraces.

We will never know. But I'm far more upset not to have had the chance to affect these games in a positive way than I am rueing the opportunity to howl and boo today.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Pointless asking mate.

I'd have just given a sporadic tut, oh well followed by a low decibel ho hum.....Then straight off to the boozer to meet my mates an' get some ale.....

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

You may be right but I’m not so sure . Either way we’re all adults with different views and the common bond is love for the club. 

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You may be right but I’m not so sure . Either way we’re all adults with different views and the common bond is love for the club. 

I just think its typically the same, at most, 12 or so posters on here who are vocal about ownership and possibly double that on the Facebook groups. Maybe that will change over the next couple months leading into next season but I've not seen any sign of that.

I think today people have perhaps vented which is of course understandable, it's never nice to get relegated. With not being able to go to the games I've not been as bothered as I would have been.

4 hours ago, king canary said:

Must say I'm coming out of this season with a lot less faith in Farke than Webber.

Isn't Webber responsible for transfer business?

I'd say our transfer business has been our biggest failure. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Isn't Webber responsible for transfer business?

I'd say our transfer business has been our biggest failure. 

I’d have to add motivation as well, we didn’t appear to be moving heaven and earth to stay up. Whatever the starting 11 post Covid break just didn’t want to work, the only game we actually put in a 90 minute shift was Manure in the cup.

But definitely agree with transfers, but then is that down to budget and who wanted to come to our club too? It’s all well and good saying we should have signed a, b or c if they don’t want to come then we have to accept those who are happy to come.

Just now, hogesar said:

I just think its typically the same, at most, 12 or so posters on here who are vocal about ownership and possibly double that on the Facebook groups. Maybe that will change over the next couple months leading into next season but I've not seen any sign of that.

I think today people have perhaps vented which is of course understandable, it's never nice to get relegated. With not being able to go to the games I've not been as bothered as I would have been.

It stings though doesn’t it? I’ve had text messages galore today asking how relegation feels but they are from friends so you take it on the chin and within  the context it was sent. 

You have to take the rough with the smooth but on the whole I think Norwich as a club are a very much liked club by opposing fans. The fact is though they think we are so naive, tight and and just not up to surviving in the Premiership. I should tell them about the project but haven’t got the energy.