31 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

And replace with who?

I’ve asked the likes of you question dodgers I don’t know how many times recently this question and not one of you muppets has been able to respond. 

👍

You don’t  know who wants to buy your house until you put it on the market. 

Oh - and saying you would “welcome additional investment” to help you maintain the property whilst you retain ownership is entirely different from putting it on the market too. And likely to Interest nobody 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

And replace with who?

I’ve asked the likes of you question dodgers I don’t know how many times recently this question and not one of you muppets has been able to respond. 

👍

Allow me to be the first muppet 😁, your question is in fact a stupid one, its not like suggesting a new manager (Mark Robins if we're going down that road FWIW), new owners would come from the business world in reality, so the next owners, and there will be some one day, are likely to be people, or persons that we have never heard of.  Had you heard of Leicesters owners before they took over the club? Or conversely for the equality of using terrible owners as an example, The Venkeys? 

Your actually question should be do we think there would be any interested parties, to which I would reply 100% yes, a club with no debt, who owns their own stadium who has spent 5 years of the past decade in the top flight would surely be massively appealing to potential new owners, I mean Wigan has 15 (on last count) interested parties, are we less appealing than them? I would suggest not.

But I suppose we should just all be grateful with the prospect of Nepotism Tom?

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

My árse! 😄

Do what you like with your **** my man 😃 

I did however used to post on the offy site many moons ago, in my slightly younger and more vocal days 

Just now, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Do what you like with your **** my man 😃 

I did however used to post on the offy site many moons ago, in my slightly younger and more vocal days 

I'll believe you, for now. So many 'brand new' accounts popping up at the moment, I'm sure you can understand my suspicion 🙂

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

I'll believe you, for now. So many 'brand new' accounts popping up at the moment, I'm sure you can understand my suspicion 🙂

No issues at all, like I said I've been reading on for years, not sure why today I've decided to register, I have however held back until now as I do try to be less........ confrontational shall we say, these days as my younger days on the offy site and I would have had to bite my tongue quite a few times with that chappy from the Lakes from what I've been reading.  😂

Its very surreal though to take the plunge, as I feel like I've known the characters on here for years, and I do wonder how many like me that there are that read these pages without contributing?

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

They certainly didn't do themselves any favours with that Henry Winter interview a few years back, but the last I heard they had said they had passed the reins for discussing any potential external investment to the executive triumvirate of Webber, Ward and Kensell.

I can understand people who look at the things they've said in the past and assume they wouldn't even listen to any offers, but we simply don't know what they have or haven't said to the executive committee.

I would like to think that they are smart enough to know that if they just pass the club on to Tom with no fanfare and no further investment, he will be in a very tough position with none of the goodwill that they themselves have enjoyed.

I think both extremes of this argument need to come into the middle ground a little bit, as we all have the best interests of the club at heart - and none more so than our majority shareholders.

Agreed Wolf but the only inclination to their intentions in the public domain has been that Telegraph interview, as well as that ridiculous interview on sky where Delia admissions were, that the money in the EPL “irked her” and she never wants to sell! Whether that was playing up to the media, who knows but it sent out a pretty clear statement of intent!

I don’t doubt that the club may be open to external investment, but who is going to invest on their terms, which I speculate, would be investment without any controlling interest! If my speculation is even remotely close to the truth, is it any wonder there have been no takers!

What is without doubt is they have never put the club up for sale as if they had, it would be public knowledge.

18 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

They certainly didn't do themselves any favours with that Henry Winter interview a few years back, but the last I heard they had said they had passed the reins for discussing any potential external investment to the executive triumvirate of Webber, Ward and Kensell.

I can understand people who look at the things they've said in the past and assume they wouldn't even listen to any offers, but we simply don't know what they have or haven't said to the executive committee.

I would like to think that they are smart enough to know that if they just pass the club on to Tom with no fanfare and no further investment, he will be in a very tough position with none of the goodwill that they themselves have enjoyed.

I think both extremes of this argument need to come into the middle ground a little bit, as we all have the best interests of the club at heart - and none more so than our majority shareholders.

Agreed Wolf but the only inclination to their intentions in the public domain has been that Telegraph interview, as well as that ridiculous interview on sky where Delia admissions were, that the money in the EPL “irked her” and she never wants to sell! Whether that was playing up to the media, who knows but it sent out a pretty clear statement of intent!

I don’t doubt that the club may be open to external investment, but who is going to invest on their terms, which I speculate, would be investment without any controlling interest! If my speculation is even remotely close to the truth, is it any wonder there have been no takers!

What is without doubt is they have never put the club up for sale as if they had, it would be public knowledge.

3 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

No issues at all, like I said I've been reading on for years, not sure why today I've decided to register, I have however held back until now as I do try to be less........ confrontational shall we say, these days as my younger days on the offy site and I would have had to bite my tongue quite a few times with that chappy from the Lakes from what I've been reading.  😂

Its very surreal though to take the plunge, as I feel like I've known the characters on here for years, and I do wonder how many like me that there are that read these pages without contributing?

If indeed you are a genuine new poster, it is my civic duty to label you a 'binner' at this juncture.

Binner.

2 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

But as you say, it's all speculation, isn't it? I do think it unlikely that they'd completely sell the shareholding outside the family at this juncture unless it was a truly outstanding bid, as it's clear they've been grooming Tom for the role. Just got to wait it out, really.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

But as you say, it's all speculation, isn't it? I do think it unlikely that they'd completely sell the shareholding outside the family at this juncture unless it was a truly outstanding bid, as it's clear they've been grooming Tom for the role. Just got to wait it out, really.

Grooming Tom for the role, if that doesn’t wet everyone’s appetite for the future of this club then nothing will. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Grooming Tom for the role, if that doesn’t wet everyone’s appetite for the future of this club then nothing will. 

Whatever you think of Delia and Michael, they've been at the tiller for nearly a quarter of a century. They know the club from top to bottom, and are well-known and well-liked in footballing circles.

Passing the club on to a cash-poor and inexperienced nephew is fraught with danger, as I think a lot of people will be against him from the start just because of the nepotism angle, irrespective of how he performs in his role.

If we can find a billionaire Norwich fan then a new owner becomes a real possibility. 

Otherwise it's just not going to happen unless this club racks up debt, sells the ground and positions itself in League One.

It doesnt take a financial genius or a mathematician to realise we are such a poor ROI due to being close to our glass ceiling, risk involved in getting to that glass ceiling in terms of probability and also the financial muscle required to try and get there.

10 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Allow me to be the first muppet 😁, your question is in fact a stupid one, its not like suggesting a new manager (Mark Robins if we're going down that road FWIW), new owners would come from the business world in reality, so the next owners, and there will be some one day, are likely to be people, or persons that we have never heard of.  Had you heard of Leicesters owners before they took over the club? Or conversely for the equality of using terrible owners as an example, The Venkeys? 

Your actually question should be do we think there would be any interested parties, to which I would reply 100% yes, a club with no debt, who owns their own stadium who has spent 5 years of the past decade in the top flight would surely be massively appealing to potential new owners, I mean Wigan has 15 (on last count) interested parties, are we less appealing than them? I would suggest not.

But I suppose we should just all be grateful with the prospect of Nepotism Tom?

Your post tells me you want investors essentially of a level no different to what we have now.

You do realise that the mega rich owners you desire probably wouldn’t give a flying dogs d1ck whether we owned the stadium or not etc. They would have the serious money to turn that around overnight so it would be of little consideration to them. Which suggests to me that the new owners you desire really sent a financial improvement.

It would be a drop in the ocean for such owners of the likes of Man City, Wolves etc to finance and thoroughly reinvigorate NCFC overnight on every level if that’s what someone interested wanted to do. Someone with passion to relinquish such finances. Reality is, they have bigger fish to fry whether we like it or not. So I see absolutely no evidence to suggest we would be a draw for a serious cash rich investor. Because we own our own stadium and are in a good place financially? Get real. We’re talking about people that would use the value of Carrow Rd itself as pocket money.

My point still stands entirely with respect, stop living in dreamland.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If we can find a billionaire Norwich fan then a new owner becomes a real possibility. 

Otherwise it's just not going to happen unless this club racks up debt, sells the ground and positions itself in League One.

It doesnt take a financial genius or a mathematician to realise we are such a poor ROI due to being close to our glass ceiling, risk involved in getting to that glass ceiling in terms of probability and also the financial muscle required to try and get there.

You see, Hoggy, I've been thinking about this. I've long believed that the most attractive investments to investors are the low-hanging fruit; the clubs that are struggling, underachieving or just dying on their árse.

Certainly on our upward curve we were a non-starter for acquisition, but I think as a Championship club we might actually be quite attractive to potential buyers. No huge investment required initially to clear the debts, and an opportunity to really build a global brand around a potential PL club with a large catchment area in a growth region and an unusual and colourful colour scheme. The right investor, with the right level of interest in and passion for the club, and it could work beautifully. Get it wrong, though, and we could end up like Bolton or even that shower down the road with the tree growing out of their asbestos roof.

I can understand why people get hoodwinked by the sheer potential of new investment, and in the right circumstances I would absolutely welcome it. But it's just this constant clamour for 'the cook to sell up' without any real foresight as to what that would look like in reality.

1 hour ago, yellow_belly said:

Time for a change

A lot has happened over the years since I ran across the pitch at Watford with thousands of city fans in 1972 the year we first got promoted to the big league, up and down over the years , but we still cannot establish ourselves  in the top league for any length of time despite what manager or players we have . The only way this will happen is new owners and money invested in the club. 

Edited by Yellowhammer

1 hour ago, yellow_belly said:

Time for a change

Put your money where your beak is 🤣

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's a lot more nuanced than a simple yes or no.

I posted a massive tl;dr post yesterday where I shared my feelings in great detail (it's on Page 3 of the 'Just Looked at Norwich City Facebook' thread, if you're interested).

I'm genuinely not taking the p*ss here; I'd like all those people who want to try to force change at the club to actually get together and do something positive about it. It doesn't have to be all pitchforks and burning effigies; I think a lot of people have a lot of reasonable concerns, and it'd do them some good to actually engage in a positive way rather than just moaning about it on here.

I keep asking Kenny Foghorn the same question when he posts he wants a change of ownership, but he just disappears and posts the same stuff on another thread, I need to check my deodorant I guess.

17 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Your post tells me you want investors essentially of a level no different to what we have now.

You do realise that the mega rich owners you desire probably wouldn’t give a flying dogs d1ck whether we owned the stadium or not etc. They would have the serious money to turn that around overnight so it would be of little consideration to them. Which suggests to me that the new owners you desire really sent a financial improvement.

It would be a drop in the ocean for such owners of the likes of Man City, Wolves etc to finance and thoroughly reinvigorate NCFC overnight on every level if that’s what someone interested wanted to do. Someone with passion to relinquish such finances. Reality is, they have bigger fish to fry whether we like it or not. So I see absolutely no evidence to suggest we would be a draw for a serious cash rich investor. Because we own our own stadium and are in a good place financially? Get real. We’re talking about people that would use the value of Carrow Rd itself as pocket money.

My point still stands entirely with respect, stop living in dreamland.

Of course I don't want owners of a simliar level to Delia, that would be utterly nonsensical and indeed pointless.  I'm not also suggesting owners of Man Citys level.   There is an inbetween, I ideally want someone to have the financial backing to establish us as a more long term Premier League side than we currently are, with respect to Delia that will never happen under her, regardless of this mythical so called 5 year plan.  Whether such potential owner exist, you think obviously not, I would suggest they do, but we all know Delia has absolutely not intention of proving either one of us right or wrong, that became glaringly obvious in that newspaper piece they did a couple of years ago.

Do you honestly think potential investors, seriously rich or not, would not take into consideration the current finances and assets of the club? I'm not sure i'm the one who needs to get real here, of course they would.

59 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Your question is in fact a stupid one.

Oh you are going to fit in just fine on this message-board...

44 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Do you honestly think potential investors, seriously rich or not, would not take into consideration the current finances and assets of the club?

I think the ‘seriously not’ would most definitely take the current finances into account, of course. And they would ride right off the back of the good financial position we’re in. They are not ‘middle ground’, they would be replacing our owners ‘like for like’ albeit with a shiny new surname.

‘Middle ground’? Who are these people and name me that club that are delivering what you think is so easy to achieve with ‘middle ground’?

Now on to what you guys really want, because the former and latter is pointless.

I think the ‘seriously rich’ would see every single aspect of Norwich City Football Club as a drop in the ocean. Total pocket money. That kind of wealth doesn’t give a f*ck whether we own our ground or not, they clear debt and buy it outright without a moments thought - and then sign Aguero and De Bruyne.

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

You don’t  know who wants to buy your house until you put it on the market. 

Oh - and saying you would “welcome additional investment” to help you maintain the property whilst you retain ownership is entirely different from putting it on the market too. And likely to Interest nobody 

Eh?

Name me the last club to officially put themselves on the market, and then tell me what happened.

17 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I think the ‘seriously not’ would most definitely take the current finances into account, of course. And they would ride right off the back of the good financial position we’re in. They are not ‘middle ground’, they would be replacing our owners ‘like for like’ albeit with a shiny new surname.

‘Middle ground’? Who are these people and name me that club that are delivering what you think is so easy to achieve with ‘middle ground’?

Now on to what you guys really want, because the former and latter is pointless.

I think the ‘seriously rich’ would see every single aspect of Norwich City Football Club as a drop in the ocean. Total pocket money. That kind of wealth doesn’t give a f*ck whether we own our ground or not, they clear debt and buy it outright without a moments thought - and then sign Aguero and De Bruyne.

Premier League status is the only thing that non-fan investors are interested in - publicity and ego; if they are already billionaires they buy a club as a plaything, not as an investment. With luck they get extra kudos in their homeland (Leicester) but mainly they need to be winning stuff or be in with a shout. Otherwise they are fans. We don't have a Norwich fan who is a billionaire that I know of.

2 hours ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

This is an excellent post to illustrate the total stupidity of posters who think like this. Firstly, "investors" are looking for the value add. These things you talk about (lack of debt, own stadium, good record) increase the price, increase the risk and reduce the profit. You say you are 100% certain there would be intersted buyers, but cannot name any (probably because they don't exist). Wigan is a firesale, they will walk away from their debts and go cheap. It is not comparable. Two season's ago it was Barnsley you lot were going on about (that didn't go well) and next season it will be someone else.

Ask yourself the questions.......how much is the club worth & what investment is required. Then find someone who has that amount of cash to invest and want to invest it in a mid-sized provincial football club. When you have done that come back and tell us. Until then you are just spouting hot air.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

And replace with who?

👍

Tom Smith.

The sooner we find out whether he'll be a complete disaster or not the better. 

If it works out OK we put these constant conversations to bed, and if it turns out bad then we can get on with facing up to the next stage in the clubs history.

5 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Premier League status is the only thing that non-fan investors are interested in 

I’m not sure that sweeping generalisation and very bold statement is entirely factually correct, but I’m very happy to be proven wrong?

On a completely unrelated note, interesting to see the current Leeds owners are allegedly already in talks to sell next seasons prestige of the Premier League for as much profit as possible. Perhaps it’s money, perhaps it’s not eh?...

52 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Premier League status is the only thing that non-fan investors are interested in

And to add, I think that sweeping generalisation about the relentlessly driven wealthy is something I would definitely like to see backed up with fact and not opinion spoken as fact. And if you can do that, I can promise you that I will be the first to say to you ‘fair play, I was wrong’.

Edited by Alex Moss

If you look at Robert Chase’s Record and Delia’s Record at Norwich one may conclude that (as far as league position and football success goes) we were much more successful under Chase. Playing great football.  We were a successful, established top flight team for many years under  Chase... with FA Cup semi finals, Top 6 finishes and a run in Europe, a few brilliant managers etc. 

Wow. Just think about that.

Delia has swung between Premier League, League One, financial problems, financial ‘stability’, lots of managers, many different ‘plans’ etc.

Selling players and debt has been rubbish under both. However selling players is now applauded as a brilliant ‘strategy’. Both came in at a time to ‘save the club’ etc. This is just the truth. Delia isn’t a saint, she is a TV cook.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Norwich_City_F.C._seasons