kick it off

We need to talk about Kenny

Seriously, in what world is he a premier league player? I hope we can get rid this summer because he'll be out of his depth in the championship. Cost us the second goal with pathetic powderpuff attempt at a tackle and lack of basic football sense (clatter him and get a yellow because they're about to go 3 on 3).

Can somebody tell me one thing the guy does well?

Seriously, what are you sniffing?Ā 

He played in the championship last season and did very well.Ā 

So please do explain how he will be out of his depth?Ā 

None of them are premier league players. That's kinda the point.Ā 

Edited by Jerrykerry
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Seriously, in what world is he a premier league player? I hope we can get rid this summer because he'll be out of his depth in the championship. Cost us the second goal with pathetic powderpuff attempt at a tackle and lack of basic football sense (clatter him and get a yellow because they're about to go 3 on 3).

Can somebody tell me one thing the guy does well?

He was Ā£250k from the SPL, what do you expect.Ā 

He is nowhere near Premier League standard. That he's played so many minutes is a key factor why we're on course for our lowest ever points tally.Ā 

He's won some headers and hit lots of 5 yard passes. Woo ****ing hoo.Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He was Ā£250k from the SPL, what do you expect.Ā 

For someone like that not to start so often.Ā 

34 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

So in summary, he makes a lot of sideways passes, and is half decent in the air (but almost exclusively from punted goal kicks, doesn't get on many in the box).

He doesn't create chances, he doesn't score goals and he doesn't break up play.

He is a passenger.

He is out of his depth, but hes not the only one.

And in his defence he is not a defensive or holding player, we only have 2 players capable of being a defensive or holding midfielder, one is on his last legs and the other is in central defence.Ā 

Aaron's and lewis are highly rated attacking fullback who are poor defensively and have no end product going the other way.

No doubt they have potential under better coaching but right now they are poor.

Ā 

Ā 

Bit harsh all this, not an EPL player but certainly not out of his depth in the Chump.

Ā 

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

20 appearances, 3 goals, 6 assists.Ā  Yeah, crap Championship player.

Ā 

Coming into a team that was already top of the league, scoring goals for fun and had the top scorer in the league banging 30 goals.

Having seen him for a full season now, do you honestly believe that was the real Kenny Maclean, or was it a purple patch and he's actually Fotheringham 2.0? You're entitled to your opinion of course, but my money is on the latter.

Well out of hisĀ depth in the Premier League but to be fair most of the squad is.Ā 

Sneaky suspicion he'll be off to Rangers.

He doesn't have natural defensive instincts and is being shown up much like Stiepermann was at left back.

Arguably a foul on him for the goal, arguably needs to be stronger. Their pace absolutely murdered Lewis and Aarons today and when Kenny came on it was nothing different.

I also think he's Rangers bound but he also isn't the reason we lost today. Nobody did that badly. If I had to scapegoaty on anyone it would be 'I'm already at Spurs' Max or 'LukeĀ Chambers reaction photo' Godfrey, but every mother has 'em.Ā 

5 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Coming into a team that was already top of the league, scoring goals for fun and had the top scorer in the league banging 30 goals.

Having seen him for a full season now, do you honestly believe that was the real Kenny Maclean, or was it a purple patch and he's actually Fotheringham 2.0? You're entitled to your opinion of course, but my money is on the latter.

I'm not entirely sure what Kenny has done to earn suggestion he is not a good championship player. Agree he's out of his depth in this league, but people should have a look at where he is placed in each of these tables.Ā 

He's a reasonable Championship player. If he goes to the SPL, he'd be a leading player.Ā 

Just now, Mason 47 said:

Arguably a foul on him for the goal, arguably needs to be stronger. Their pace absolutely murdered Lewis and Aarons today and when Kenny came on it was nothing different.

That was never a foul in a million years, it was just a weak challenge. That's kind of the point - weak challenge when 999/1000 professional (or even amateur) players just take him out and take the yellow card. Total lack of football common sense. Their pace was killing us - they were on the break and there was a 3 v 3 behind him, what footballer worth his salt doesn't just clatter him?

We're going to need some robust, solid pros in the championship and McLean is one of them. Also hardly ever injured which is a huge plus.