Feedthewolf

Watford match thread

4 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

A big shake up from top to bottom is what's required. It simply cannot be allowed to go on. So webber and farke have a promotion on their hands snd now a relegation, and delia and hubby apparently saved the club but have moreĀ ups and downs than i care to remember, but in their togetherness they are destroying ncfc totally. They are poor to watch, they conceded record goals against at championship champions and are going to be relegated with a record low points total, a defensive record that like last season beggars belief, and a director if football who admits his recruitment for our season in the prem let farke down badly, not the supporters, but farke. Someone has to be held accountable for this demise, because if they aren't matters could become much much worse in a short space of time.

I get it, you're upset that we're getting relegated. We all are. However, if you genuinely think a big shake up is required and that the club is being destroyed, I think you need to find some perspective and get some realistic expectation. There is no Prince on a shining white horse that is going to ride in and change everything.

Why are so many fans so "FARKE IS THE BEST AND WILL MANAGE BARCELONA" or "FARKE IS HOPELESS AND MUST GO". Surely the truth - in both the highs and the lows - is somewhere in the middles? Everything is not always either the best or the worst, but I guess that isn't an interesting thing to say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

And you are terminally yellow! An apt name for a club going absolutely nowhere as it is. Second best at everything.

Thank you for the reminder of my username. Very kind.

Just now, Crafty Canary said:

Teemu hasnā€™t scored from open play since December 14 and frankly doesnā€™t look like doing so. Will he score regularly in the Championship or has his train left the station?

He had a wonder season. He is now playing like a ā€˜freeā€™

I thought we played reasonably well but with the same flaws weā€™ve had all season. The team is so shot of confidence now butĀ there is a big argument to say had we started with this team vs Southampton or evenĀ Everton,Ā we might not have played so badly and beenĀ in such a state now. I think Farke has to answer some questions as to why it has taken six matches to select more or lessĀ his best available team.

3 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Its just a ploy to put championship defenders in a false sense of security ahead of next season...

Seriously though, I think he's got another season like last in him. He was close to replicating it again this year... before we nose dived. His finishing is stunning, a natural ability... It can't have just disappeared. His goals are so similar though, he likes to run onto the ball and hit it early which requires clever passes from the midfield. Those passes have virtually been non existent. The last proper Pukki type finish and goal was at Leicester. A game where Bunedia found space and was able to ping those balls often.Ā 

I think his all round play has suffered as well. He's really not worth a place in the team at the moment.

11 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

A big shake up from top to bottom is what's required. It simply cannot be allowed to go on. So webber and farke have a promotion on their hands snd now a relegation, and delia and hubby apparently saved the club but have moreĀ ups and downs than i care to remember, but in their togetherness they are destroying ncfc totally. They are poor to watch, they conceded record goals against at championship champions and are going to be relegated with a record low points total, a defensive record that like last season beggars belief, and a director if football who admits his recruitment for our season in the prem let farke down badly, not the supporters, but farke. Someone has to be held accountable for this demise, because if they aren't matters could become much much worse in a short space of time.

Did you cut and paste this fromĀ the 2017-2018 season? Turned out wrong that time...

Just now, All the Germans said:

Why are so many fans so "FARKE IS THE BEST AND WILL MANAGE BARCELONA" or "FARKE IS HOPELESS AND MUST GO". Surely the truth - in both the highs and the lows - is somewhere in the middles? Everything is not always either the best or the worst, but I guess that isn't an interesting thing to say.

The problem with the internet is people know the way to get attention is in the extremes. The vast majority of fee paying, card carrying, match going Norwich fans believe that Farke is a good coach, motivator and man manager and not a very good game manager. They acknowledge his weaknesses but also acknowledge that with Norwich where they are, he's a pretty good fit right now.

And as usual in football, these people will disappear back into the dark recesses of the internet if in twelve months Norwich are once again preparing for a Premier League campaign.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I think Farke agrees with you.

Wife wanted to watch Eggheads should have given in

In the Championship top championship players play lovely flowing attacking football to get results.

In the premiership top championship players dig in and grind out performances to get results.

Iā€™ve said it before, Farke had to make us hard to beat. Tight and determined. Everyone could see that. The fact is he made us hard not to beat. Utter failure. Embarrassing and time and time again experts and pundits have said we are to open, to lightweight, and lacking fight.

But Iā€™d imagine Iā€™llĀ be told myself and the experts are all wrong and Farke knows best!

Ā 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

I was being sarcastic... I think Vrancic is up to it at this level. Maybe not week in, week out. But enough to warrant starting, and I think we'd have won more too.Ā 

I understand the sarcasm. But I think he suffers from too many deficiencies; your sarcasm contains a truth.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Welbeck hasn't scored all bloody season

Nor has Emi

Just now, Hardhouse44 said:

In the Championship top championship players play lovely flowing attacking football to get results.

In the premiership top championship players dig in and grind out performances to get results.

Iā€™ve said it before, Farke had to make us hard to beat. Tight and determined. Everyone could see that. The fact is he made us hard not to beat. Utter failure. Embarrassing and time and time again experts and pundits have said we are to open, to lightweight, and lacking fight.

But Iā€™d imagine Iā€™llĀ be told myself and the experts are all wrong and Farke knows best!

Ā 

I think this is spot on. I hope, if nothing else, this is the lesson learnt.Ā 

Where does this side go from here this has got to be the worst performing NCFCā€™s Premiership performance ever

8 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The problem with the internet is people know the way to get attention is in the extremes. The vast majority of fee paying, card carrying, match going Norwich fans believe that Farke is a good coach, motivator and man manager and not a very good game manager. They acknowledge his weaknesses but also acknowledge that with Norwich where they are, he's a pretty good fit right now.

And as usual in football, these people will disappear back into the dark recesses of the internet if in twelve months Norwich are once again preparing for a Premier League campaign.

Fully agree.

5 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Nor has Emi

Exactly. Watford will be saying the same thing (probably not now, as theyĀ will be happy) about letting Emi score.Ā Every fan up and down the country (with maybe a select few omitted)Ā is convinced that their team breaks the records and are "along come X club". There are so many stats that when someone scores, there is usuallyĀ something 'new' or 'unlikely' associated with it. "He hasn't scored with his left foot for 273 years"

Edited by All the Germans

12 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Thank you for the reminder of my username. Very kind.

You're welcome. Time for your bed now. IsĀ mummy going to read you a story about how the smiths saved Norwich city. Night night sonny.

The lesser teams need to start by building a strong defence if they want to stay up. We all knew this but dreamed our flowing football and goal scoring would be enough.

I like Farke but at times he needs to be tempered with a little bit of Hughton. Sad, but without the cash it is the only realistic option.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

I'm one of Farke's biggest fans, and I really admire the style of football he is trying to play. However, the absence of pace, physicality and defensive nous has cost us time and again. I would never have wanted us to throw possession football out the window and set up like Burnley, but we've been way too naive, too slow in our buildup and have made far too many individual errors.

Part of that is just because we don't have the money to buy the kind of players that make a difference at this level (Watford paid Ā£35m for Sarr!), but part of that is definitely due to naivety in our tactics and setup. This season our strengths have been nullified and our weaknesses have been exposed. Next season, that balance should be reversed.

After 3 years at the helm Farke has our defence as disorganised as I can remember. We need a defensive coach in immediately to sort out the mess. If Farke cannot work with a defensive coach then it will be up to Webber to take some tough decisions. For those that think our defenders are good enough for next season remember how poor they were last season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

You're welcome. Time for your bed now. IsĀ mummy going to read you a story about how the smiths saved Norwich city. Night night sonny.

You are @Kenny Foggo! Can't debate reasonably, so start name calling.

Don't be a penis all your life. Have a night off.

2 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

After 3 years at the helm Farke has our defence as disorganised as I can remember. We need a defensive coach in immediately to sort out the mess. If Farke cannot work with a defensive coach then it will be up to Webber to take some tough decisions. For those that think our defenders are good enough for next season remember how poor they were last season.

I fail to see how we cannot play three central defenders (injuries apart) when we have two ultra-attacking full-backs.

They were two of our best attacking options last season, and their contribution to attacks is clearly stronger than their defending.

Give them license and let one of the three centre-backs cover behind them.

How many goals have we conceded this season from set pieces? How many did we concede last season and the one before? This is one area that you can improve onĀ by setting-up your team up as effectively as possibleĀ and practicing. Three years later and I still think weā€™re going to concede every time the opposition has a set-piece anywhere near our box.
Farke either does not learn or is too stubborn to change. Why do we think it will be different next time around?

3 minutes ago, unique said:

I fail to see how we cannot play three central defenders (injuries apart) when we have two ultra-attacking full-backs.

I'm not convinced that we've had 3 fit CBs for 75-80% of the season.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Clint said:

How many goals have we conceded this season from set pieces? How many did we concede last season and the one before? This is one area that you can improve onĀ by setting-up your team up as effectively as possibleĀ and practicing. Three years later and I still think weā€™re going to concede every time the opposition has a set-piece anywhere near our box.
Farke either does not learn or is too stubborn to change. Why do we think it will be different next time around?

Zonal marking has failed time and time again.

14 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You are @Kenny Foggo! Can't debate reasonably, so start name calling.

Don't be a penis all your life. Have a night off.

My word you are a bell- end after all.

From The Guardian. Nicely put, if a touch overkind:

Norwich: a side capable of such elegant football in possession but often a gibbering, blubbering wreck without it. Of the many truly useless teams inĀ Premier LeagueĀ history, Norwich are by far the best of them: cultured, ambitious and yet likely to be relegated with three games to spare.

Two thou, Idah has to start the remaining games, we need some bigger/stronger players, far too easily brushed away

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

I get it, you're upset that we're getting relegated. We all are. However, if you genuinely think a big shake up is required and that the club is being destroyed, I think you need to find some perspective and get some realistic expectation. There is no Prince on a shining white horse that is going to ride in and change everything.

Danke.Ā