Feedthewolf

Watford match thread

2 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Time to boooooooo!

Went and boo'd out of the back door.

Boooooooooooooo

• Haha 1

Think of the wages wellbeck, sarr, chalobah, cleverly etc will be on. Nothing to be ashamed of. 

Played better. Been wanting Vrancic and Hernandez to start, and a return to the side of last season. Tonight we got it, and I think we looked much better. 

Farke should have started with this side for the Southampton match and built some consistency and form. Hope he see's the season out with it. 

Two years since Welbeck scored a PL goal.

It was pretty much inevitable.

Just now, ron obvious said:

Thought Vrancic looked good. Had his head up looking for the pass all night.

He's too slow though and played shocking at Manchester United. You must be mistaken. 

1 minute ago, SplatCat said:

Think of the wages wellbeck, sarr, chalobah, cleverly etc will be on. Nothing to be ashamed of. 

And they paid £35m for one player.

Just now, unique said:

Along come Norwich

1 minute ago, unique said:

ACN....Wickham earlier in the season too!

Edited by Il Pirata

Just now, Il Pirata said:

He's too slow though and played shocking at Manchester United. You must be mistaken. 

Unfortunately that is also true.

It's the same for most of our players. Terrific at Champs. level, not quite good enough in the PL.

• Like 1

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

Doubled by Watford... What a shxt season

One of the poorest in recent times... I know we're in the PL and not league one, but I have hated this ride...I'm sorry

Where is the fight, passion and endeavour in this squad. Who is the leader on the pitch. Why didn't DF grab MacLean by the throat and say" you pillock, you should have kicked him into touch".

How can anyone say we played better? We were playing another team at the bottom. Krul had very little to do and Foster picked the ball out of the net.

This is one of the most lightweight squads we have ever had in the top division.

Grant Holt, Steve Morrison had never played at any top level and showed more guts than this uninterested bunch.  

Pukki is a disgrace at the moment. He isn't worth his wages.

Give the young lads a chance in the two home games left.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Marginally better than Brighton but a big shake up in the squad required. 

A big shake up from top to bottom is what's required. It simply cannot be allowed to go on. So webber and farke have a promotion on their hands snd now a relegation, and delia and hubby apparently saved the club but have more ups and downs than i care to remember, but in their togetherness they are destroying ncfc totally. They are poor to watch, they conceded record goals against at championship champions and are going to be relegated with a record low points total, a defensive record that like last season beggars belief, and a director if football who admits his recruitment for our season in the prem let farke down badly, not the supporters, but farke. Someone has to be held accountable for this demise, because if they aren't matters could become much much worse in a short space of time.

For me, the best we've played in the league since the restart. Probably a performance on a par with the Utd cup match too. Definitely the side to continue to persevere with. Both goals could have been very easily prevented though. 

Thought Josh Martin was bright when he came on. Definitely a player who I can see doing well in the Champo. 

Thought Vrancic showed why he is a Championship player. Great on the ball, a bit slow and ponderous without it. You need more from your Premier League midfielders. 

Emi's best performance in the Premier League by far. Looked more like the Buendia of last season. Well struck goal, which should add a few £££ onto his price tag.

How Adam Idah missed, I'll never know.

Thought a poor performance by both full backs, but then I think that was good tactics from Watford; they did well to nullify and keep them quiet.

I’m saying nothing but.....

Sheffield United - immediately to Business from the first minute. The team just work work work. 

We tippy tappy - give few sloppy fouls away and the ref is already on side with the opposition. Watford could trip over a blade of grass and we are already on the wrong side of any decision.

im looking forward to Championship without DF. Or var. 

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

A big shake up from top to bottom is what's required. It simply cannot be allowed to go on. So webber and farke have a promotion on their hands snd now a relegation, and delia and hubby apparently saved the club but have more ups and downs than i care to remember, but in their togetherness they are destroying ncfc totally. They are poor to watch, they conceded record goals against at championship champions and are going to be relegated with a record low points total, a defensive record that like last season beggars belief, and a director if football who admits his recruitment for our season in the prem let farke down badly, not the supporters, but farke. Someone has to be held accountable for this demise, because if they aren't matters could become much much worse in a short space of time.

You're a barrel of laughs, aren't you?

• Haha 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

City are a tough watch nowadays.

Pukki was absolutely hopeless. 

Its just a ploy to put championship defenders in a false sense of security ahead of next season...

Seriously though, I think he's got another season like last in him. He was close to replicating it again this year... before we nose dived. His finishing is stunning, a natural ability... It can't have just disappeared. His goals are so similar though, he likes to run onto the ball and hit it early which requires clever passes from the midfield. Those passes have virtually been non existent. The last proper Pukki type finish and goal was at Leicester. A game where Bunedia found space and was able to ping those balls often. 

Positives:

Vrancic. Had time and rarely misplaced a pass

Emi's first PL goal.

Chances - more than probably all the previous 4 games since the return.

Stiepermann...offered something different at least

Negatives:

Too light and pushed off the ball far too often

Max and Jamal had a hard game (see point above)

That overhead goal goes in once every hundred attempts. We get little luck

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You're a barrel of laughs, aren't you?

And you are terminally yellow! An apt name for a club going absolutely nowhere as it is. Second best at everything.

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Unfortunately that is also true.

It's the same for most of our players. Terrific at Champs. level, not quite good enough in the PL.

I was being sarcastic... I think Vrancic is up to it at this level. Maybe not week in, week out. But enough to warrant starting, and I think we'd have won more too. 

Teemu hasn’t scored from open play since December 14 and frankly doesn’t look like doing so. Will he score regularly in the Championship or has his train left the station?