Feedthewolf

Watford match thread

Agree a bit of hardcase defending wouldn't go amiss for us (but I suspect two yellow cards might happen quite quickly if it looks like being effective), but not sure I could put up with watching a set of lumps all season. They're down there with us for a reason and they got spendy to do it too!

Nice to score finally. 

Some excellent examples from Steipermann and Hernandez as to why they're not really Premier League players though, decision making is woeful at points.

Pretty nice game so far. Have this happy feeling like something that we had last season is now coming back. More confidence and creativity than lately. 

Any predictions on the final score? It could go either way.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

We need to stop those crosses coming in. Sooner or later Dawson will be on the end of it, not Doucoure.

I doubt it from open play...

Somehow we’re going to cut out their crosses and stop giving them set pieces or I fear the worse. We definitely could do with Hanleys no nonsense defending..we were much better at defending them with him in.

i do fancy us to score again though!

38 minutes ago, Clint said:

Another suicidal pass from Klose that lead to the free kick. We all know we can’t defend set-pieces so why try and be clever there? Just put your foot through it.

An appalling goal to give away. As Clint says Klose in that position should have put his foot through it. Suicidal pass and then poor free kick to give away. Inevitable from the set piece. A row of about 7 defenders who were static as Dawson came in for a more or less free header. Despite this same tactics continue. Slow square passing across the pitch and you would never believe we are desperate for points. When defending a corner why do we not leave two players up on the half line !! Pukki looks shot, but at least Vrancic is finding some decent passes. I would like to be positive but we have little to offer against some very mediocre opposition. We are back to "Farke style" when he first arrived.

Steipermann, dear oh dear!!!     Why do we always have to carry someone?   

Could have had rupp in midfield and Vrancic further forward... or Martin or Idah instead of Stieps.... instead so far he's been as bad as Drmic and Duda as expected.   

Passes for 3 misplaced passes 8, Fouls gained 3, fouls committed 6, mis controls lots.... headers won 0...     

Hopefully off soon. 

Looking at the replays at half time, don't think Dawson fouled Lewis for their goal.

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You're  fun. 

Try to be

Just now, ged in the onion bag said:

Steipermann, dear oh dear!!!     Why do we always have to carry someone?   

Could have had rupp in midfield and Vrancic further forward... or Martin or Idah instead of Stieps.... instead so far he's been as bad as Drmic and Duda as expected.   

Passes for 3 misplaced passes 8, Fouls gained 3, fouls committed 6, mis controls lots.... headers won 0...     

Hopefully off soon. 

It’s almost like he hasn’t played a competitive game for, I don’t know, months?