Sign in to follow this  
earnie1

Mentality of the players & management is all wrong

For me, the mentally at the club is all wrong and for Farke to basically give up with his comments after the Brighton game is unacceptable. No wonder the players don’t put much effort or have the belief that we can still stay up when the management don’t either. I find it very hard to accept that with 5 games left with enough points to still stay up that the management have basically given up. The teams around us are unlikely to get more than 3 or 4 points so 4 wins could also be enough to stay up. Where is the fighting spirit, willingness and belief that we are capable still of staying up?? I just cannot understand the manager’s mentality as win tonight at Watford and we still have a great chance to stay up. All this talk about our last chance was the Brighton game and we have no chance now is just mentally all wrong. Forget about the performances of the previous games, and get focused and prepared mentally believing that we could stay up as we can still do it but the whole mentality of Farke is all wrong and the players don’t relieve enough.

Like I say we can still stay up, we have enough games & points left to stay up, we have good enough players to do it but where is the fight, determination, spirit, hard work, organization and man management - it’s nowhere to be seen which is unacceptable really. We should at least mentally do everything possible to still stay up but if we lose at Chelsea & Man C then so be it but at least by winning tonight & against west ham we would give ourselves a chance but all the signs are that the management have already given up which is so poor and unacceptable. 

10 posts in 11 years

"where is the fight, determination, spirit, hard work, organization and man management - it’s nowhere to be seen which is unacceptable really."

so apt 😎

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

10 posts in 11 years

We seem to have a number of posters that have appeared like this the closer we get to relegation 

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

10 posts in 11 years

"where is the fight, determination, spirit, hard work, organization and man management - it’s nowhere to be seen which is unacceptable really."

so apt 😎

Tragic how some consider this forum to still be relevant in 2020 and think that their post count somehow holds some weight. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, earnie1 said:

For me, the mentally at the club is all wrong and for Farke to basically give up with his comments after the Brighton game is unacceptable. No wonder the players don’t put much effort or have the belief that we can still stay up when the management don’t either. I find it very hard to accept that with 5 games left with enough points to still stay up that the management have basically given up. The teams around us are unlikely to get more than 3 or 4 points so 4 wins could also be enough to stay up. Where is the fighting spirit, willingness and belief that we are capable still of staying up?? I just cannot understand the manager’s mentality as win tonight at Watford and we still have a great chance to stay up. All this talk about our last chance was the Brighton game and we have no chance now is just mentally all wrong. Forget about the performances of the previous games, and get focused and prepared mentally believing that we could stay up as we can still do it but the whole mentality of Farke is all wrong and the players don’t relieve enough.

Like I say we can still stay up, we have enough games & points left to stay up, we have good enough players to do it but where is the fight, determination, spirit, hard work, organization and man management - it’s nowhere to be seen which is unacceptable really. We should at least mentally do everything possible to still stay up but if we lose at Chelsea & Man C then so be it but at least by winning tonight & against west ham we would give ourselves a chance but all the signs are that the management have already given up which is so poor and unacceptable. 

I do agree that Farke's comments sounded defeatist and that although he was just being a realist, it probably won't help us in the last few games. 

18 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

We seem to have a number of posters that have appeared like this the closer we get to relegation 

Every day there seems to be a new poster who complains. It's like someone has a campaign and us opening up new accounts or reinvigorating older ones.

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Tragic how some consider this forum to still be relevant in 2020 and think that their post count somehow holds some weight. 

Absolutely. Some posters care so much about their image here they worry about their username getting out of date. Can you imagine anything more tragic?!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Absolutely. Some posters care so much about their image here they worry about their username getting out of date. Can you imagine anything more tragic?!

I understand though; I signed up on here in 2007 when I was 17, and I obviously chose my username on a whim. Looks kinda stupid now, but I'll stick with it...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I can somewhat sympathise, I signed up with this username 15 years ago as a teenager but now I'm 32 with a 6-month-old and the "boy" part is starting to feel a tad dated!!!!

Have to say I did raise an eyebrow when Farke and Webber were telling the world we were favourites for 20th place at the start of the season.

Perhaps brutal honesty and realistic expectation setting?

But surely setting the lowest bar possible so early in the season was never going to fill the players with the confidence and belief they needed to impose themselves at this level.

I just cannot imagine those words ever, ever, ever leaving the mouth of Chris Wilder, or any other 'up and at them' type leader / fighter.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course, but were we mentally beaten before we even stepped in the ring? 

21 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I understand though; I signed up on here in 2007 when I was 17, and I obviously chose my username on a whim. Looks kinda stupid now, but I'll stick with it...

Good point. I chose mine because it will always be linked to the club's song. I do wish though I could form a capital S rather than it all being in lower case. That said, no big deal really.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

10 posts in 11 years

so apt 😎

Quality not quantity William 

30 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You lucked out really pal, just so happens the new forums colour for 'P' is purple! 

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You lucked out really pal, just so happens the new forums colour for 'P' is purple! 

To misquote Mae West,  luck had nothing to do with it...🤓

if there really is all this concern about new posters, usernames and post counts just ask City1st and he will soon tell you who is who.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

My username and profile picture will never go out of date. I still get shivers when I see it.

New-Norwich-Away-Kit-2013-14.jpg.d10572fb062e82da671808683936505b.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

My username and profile picture will never go out of date. I still get shivers when I see it.

New-Norwich-Away-Kit-2013-14.jpg.d10572fb062e82da671808683936505b.jpg

God that marketing campaign was a horror show looking back on it wasn't it? No wonder he failed, so much pressure heaped on him before he'd kicked a ball.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

God that marketing campaign was a horror show looking back on it wasn't it? No wonder he failed, so much pressure heaped on him before he'd kicked a ball.

He wasn't that big, but he was certainly bad.

• Sad 1