Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

A couple more signings

Excellent news, which suggests there will be a few going the other way over the summer.

Some to progress their career, and others to 'seek pastures anew' - with a surprise or two among the latter I would suggest.

And if the Arsenal lad can follow the path of Martin then the club has yet again struck 'lucky'

A few million on a good scouting system and coaching set up.......or Brady, Pritchard, etc ?

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Both names have been floated on here in the past few days. I think Dennis has also played at right back as well as the wing.

Yep apparently dynamic winger full back.

Arrons replacement most likely?

1 minute ago, Fromage Frais said:

Yep apparently dynamic winger full back.

Arrons replacement most likely?

Certainly not short term. He only made a couple of appearances for Arsenal's U23s last season, instead spending the season with the U18s. As Bailey said, he'll be with the development squad.

Imagine that our RB options will be Byram starting and Dennis + Thomas fighting for the backup spot.

I thought he was more of a left back than right back. The video clips I saw had him playing down the left side and one goal against Southampton u18's where he picked the ball up at left back, ran the length of the pitch and scored.

Ignore that, just watched the clip properly and although he picked it up on the left side he's clearly not left back as he didn't touch the ball with his left foot all the way 😁

Anyone know if Philip Heise will return to the club or has returned? I believe we loaned him out as wasn’t near first team. He may come back and play left back when we’ve sold a couple of the Crown Jewels. 

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Anyone know if Philip Heise will return to the club or has returned? I believe we loaned him out as wasn’t near first team. He may come back and play left back when we’ve sold a couple of the Crown Jewels. 

He's still at Nurnberg; the first leg of their relegation play-off kicks off in 45 minutes. He's on the bench.

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Imagine that our RB options will be Byram starting and Dennis + Thomas fighting for the backup spot.

Don't forget Lukas Rupp. When he signed Farke went to great lengths to explain how this gave us greater cover in the fullback positions. 

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Don't forget Lukas Rupp. When he signed Farke went to great lengths to explain how this gave us greater cover in the fullback positions. 

I'd forgotten about that. Always good to have a bit more versatility in the squad. I have a firm feeling that Rupp will be a very useful squad player for us next year.

• Like 1